The Official "Let's Make Top 32" Thread

Rank 26. 292-100. Most of those losses were me messing around with Cinder :yum:

Iā€™M proud.

1 Like

Man thats alot of matchesā€¦all 500 in 1 month or is that an accumulation of all ranked matches played?

For that month

Wasnā€™t able to do it. Not enough time. Oh well! I still have this month :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats! I was totally rocking it last night and the around 7pm I ran into the 1000 Stars Club and lost 300 points and then got called into a raid in Destiny 2. :frowning:

I ended up at 79

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually not too many for a pro star. 400 matches is on the lower end of the spectrum - most of the people who get them (or used to anyway) play considerably more games than that.

Just out of curiosity for any of you with multiple stars: is it easier or harder to get a star now than it was in previous seasons?

3 Likes

Cinder? Neeeeerd! Lol, good job dude.

2 Likes

Lol yea ik. Cinder is a pretty nerdy character.

At least i donā€™t use Jago :yum:

Lol jk. Thanks man

Just this month I have finally reached the elusive star using everyones favorite low-tier hero Sadira. Was reaching for 5th but had a good set of counterpicks against me on my last day. Still a single digit placement is a good enough achievement for me.

9 Likes

Congrats. Youā€™re definitely good enough for it :+1:t5:

2 Likes

@FallibleJoker14 @ElWayfarer

Congrats to you both! Kinda surprised that you both didnā€™t get your first until now.

@BubbRubb4Real

I personally donā€™t have one but I think itā€™s more difficult now. You have more characters to deal with, your rewards for beating lower ranks is smaller, the gameā€™s tweaking has slowed, among other things.

However, earlier seasons I know required you to sometimes break 30k in a month to just get into 32nd, so the amount of grinding needed is certainly less than earlier.

2 Likes

I wish steam users could get some of this ranked love ā€¦ but at least we got crossplay exhibition! :wink:

1 Like
4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Education man. Iā€™d like to have a diploma that follows me forever rather than a star that doesnā€™t hold much meaning. Donā€™t need a star to prove myself in combat :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I think as long as I get matched with a high ranked Thunder thereā€™s no use to try in my case, not just because the character and the player are very good but because itā€™s so unplayable that I have no chance no matter what I do. Watching Jagos dping mid air (veeery known Jago, wonā€™t say who) or a Thunder that in the middle of my combo starts hitting me or breaking me when ā€œhe is time locked outā€ gets the worst salt out of my little being.

No matter what I do, itā€™s just not the way I feel I can have a fair fight for anyone, and of course, thereā€™s insnā€™t much I can do about it.

Anyway, unless the teabbā€¦g stopped for now (I think is the minimun right attitude if you know the game is hella lagged!!)

3 Likes

Haha that sounds about right @MaruMDQ. There are a few players I fight online that are ALWAYS laggy. Getting shadow countered during your own combo, getting broken right after a counter breaker. You see a heavy AD, attempt to break it, and it gives you an error stating it was Light. :confused:

Sometimes itā€™s just a bad connection, sometimes that individual must be playing on McDonaldā€™s WiFi.

For myself, Iā€™m always do well and then get paired with ATI MASTERS 6 times in a row, then Bass, then Nicky, then Thrash Heavyā€¦ itā€™s like fate is sayingā€¦ you donā€™t need that Star now do you.

1 Like

I am a proooooo!! :joy:

This was veeeery hard :disappointed_relieved:

Nah, for real. Iā€™m done with ranked (back to old days just to fool around from time to time)

I could manage to play this month because the game wouldnā€™t crash as it used to do it while I tried in S2 and early S3 (my internet got better in time, but Iā€™m still far from most players and connections arenā€™t the best of the best in South America).

Facts: I had to got better at counterbreaking, because there were many good guessbreakers, and also good reaction breakers. Rollback forces me to change my style and rely more on things I wonā€™t usually go offline, where I can press the button and get the so much wanted punish (eg: ppl throwing me when they were -2 after their moves/ lots of timelockouts when trying to break/ strange things happening mid combo/sounds of breaking or counterbreaking that were not happening/etcā€¦)
Also, 70% of my matches consisted in persons running away making it a neverending chase in most matches that doensā€™t make the game fun to me (while I believe good pressure on Wulf beats him, those are the players that give me more trouble and also help me to work my defense).

And Iā€™m not lying when I say I donā€™t like playing fighting games online, despite KI having one of the best netcodes, it will never be the same as offline and not just because of the real time reactions but everything else (and also, you have 100% awareness of what you did wrong/good or about what happened during the match).

I had some few nice wins, I just hope they were real. But if not, well, at least they were fun :grin:

Shouts-out to anyone I came across during this month!!. Iā€™m up for exhibition matches, but first Iā€™m taking a break n_n

PS: Playing Wulf after breaking a combo is hard, and playing with EU players was the spiciest rollback. Guys! remember Iā€™m almost in Antarctica!. Okok, Iā€™m exaggerating :rofl:

8 Likes