The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

GGs to all I faced on KI before work today, and to all who faced my Android 21 and lost this week :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yeah this is another thing that I must practice. Normal → Openers. The problem is the time to confirm the hit. Omen’s Forward HP has a long hit time confirm, it’s easy to perform combos from that. But from other normals? If my opponent blocks the normal and then I go for an opener, I will be punished, right? Assuming that I don’t have Shadow Form in pocket. Right now I can’t go to the lab to see the time of normals hit confirm. But I already watched @ItzTymeToDul do that a lot in his matches: Omen’s low kick → opener. It’s a powerful tech to open people, I just think that the time is very strict, like manuals. It’s possible to perform, but needs practice to become an natural habit.

1 Like

No you wont be punished every time if you use Light kicks or light slide… you can back dash out or jump if they block it. Or you can use shadow form or you can kick hitting the kick button and keep the crazy kicks going and catch them trying to punish.
FWD HP is not an opener, its easily shadow counter-able and easily breakable if done after a fireball or other hit confirm.

YOU could also use more aerial dashes , air dash to kick to grab. or just keep jumping and being annoying.

Take all these things we are talking about and just mix and match them to keep people guessing.

2 Likes

Depends on the opener. Light slide isn’t punishable, and light flurry kicks may actually be plus (@itztymetodul ?).

The more important part of the equation, though, is to understand that most players, even at high level, aren’t usually hit confirming the way you think they are. Top players aren’t getting confirms off single lights, and most aren’t reacting to mediums landing either. If a top player wants to confirm off a light button, you’ll usually see them begin with something like cr.LK->cr.LK->opener, which is seeable, but blows the KV so high that a reset is almost required. If they’re confirming off a medium it’ll usually be a slower button with a lot of hitstun. More commonly though, they’re just kind of buffering the opener input anyway, and trying to work the timing such that if it hits they’ll get the opener to happen, but maybe also delaying it just enough to bait you into a frame trap if you block. A lot less of it is “skill and godlike reactions” than you think.

With Hisako for instance, I’m not actually confirming anything until the second rekka - almost all of my pokes have me buffering the first rekka regardless of whether or not I hit anything. Other characters have to be a bit more thoughtful about that since they can be more easily shadow countered, but the principle is much more applicable across the cast than you might think.

1 Like

-1 if i don’t mash kicks but it’s plus if i do (you get pushed back and can punish me before I’m done moving).

1 Like

WATCH KI NOW I’m live on Twitch - Watch me at twitch.tv/itztymetodul

2 Likes

Twitch stream thread please!

1 Like

GGs @SiskoK1ng, for a fun and lenghty set. I finally got to play with some low level characters and had my first extended exhibition set for a heck of a long time. I seriously can’t even with ranked these days, so if anyone feels like saving me from the pain of ranked, hit me up. :smiley:

1 Like

Anybody up to see @TDBH0TSH0T against me? CHECK OUT THIS HYPE SET FROM MONTHS BACK THEN!

5 Likes

Would be cool to see this set analysed don’t you think @Infilament @STORM179 @ItzTymeToDul

1 Like

I don’t mind saying my thoughts on it if Dul and you both would like that. If so, then just post it in the Replay and Analysis thread :+1:t5:

EDIT: as a sidenote, I’m down to play a set right now @TDBH0TSH0T @ItzTymeToDul or anyone else who wants to play. Fair warning - I’m feeling Hisako-y at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah not familiar with the forums so I’ll post it there as well. And yeah your thoughts would be appreciated. This mu is very finicky and alot of people either thino it’s 6-4 cinders favour or 5-5. I personally think it’s 5-5.
And if your on in an hour @STORM179 I’ll defo play

1 Like

I think I can do an hour for now. Will try to connect on the Steam version if that’s ok - want to test some stuff out. The lobby matching normally works really well, so we shouldn’t have an issue finding each other.

Alright just got to run n drop my son off at school and I’ll play

2 Likes

Cool beans. Just let me know when you’re ready :+1:t5:

I’m ready now
Are you playing on or xbox? I have no idea how to invite steam accounts

Just do a search for a lobby, 2 people max, keyed for “tournament practice.”

FT10 ok?

1 Like

Yeah that’s sounds easy enough see you in lobby

All set up ready when you are

Just do your search and should find me.

EDIT: is it not connecting? Normally doesn’t take very long :-/