The Mummy

dracula untold was trash though :\ damnit

I kind of enjoyed Dracula Untold lol. Then again, I tend to enjoy most vampire movies (not named Twilight) on some level. :slight_smile:

As for the trailer

I don’t mind that they took the fun tone out of it. If you’re going to reboot a franchise that’s essentially supposed to be horror or horror-adjacent, having a more serious tone isn’t the worst thing in the world, and I say that as someone that enjoyed the Brendan Fraser movies.

That said, this didn’t look compelling at all. There was nothing interesting or intriguing about the trailer,. nothing that grabbed me or thrilled me or made me want to go see that crazy little porcelain doll Tom Cruise battle a powerful being from the afterlife. There was no hook. No soul. No real mood created beyond “it seems more serious than the Fraser movies.” Just Cruise cruising around some okay-ish action sequences and then a mummy.

I’ll wait until I see a bit more, but so far it looks like a pass.

you werent interested when he died and came back to life? i mean its obvious its mummy related but what kind of mummy curse brings someone who died nearby back to life.

1 Like

Is it connected to the other mummy movie?

Not this one. For this particular Mummy movie, it happens to be a REBOOT of the 1st original one.

1 Like

it wasnt the mummy that resurrected tom cruise, it was xenu! im sorry, i just had to go there lol.

anyway, if they were gonna do another mummy movie they shouldve gone the route of a serious horror movie. they couldve done so much with it, make it creepy, make it dark and grim, and go for the rated R. but, its obvious they were going for the cash cow route. tom cruise as nutty as he is, is still a good actor imo. i think it wouldve been interesting to see him in an actual horror setting but oh well

1 Like

Not sure how you’re going to “read” it, though. It’s a movie, not a novel.

really? i could have sworn there was a book first
maybe it was an adaptation. usually there is a book first then a movie

Not always. Most films back then were based on existing novels, like Dracula and Frankenstein. But some were not.
The Creature from the Black Lagoon was an original movie, and so was The Mummy (it was only based on the recent discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb), as well as The Wolf Man.

Well, both remakes are pretty meh. I highly recommend watching the original with Boris Karloff, just because it is immensely creepy.

Actually they had with Benecio Del Toro’s. It wasn’t bad. In some ways it was better than the original movie with Lon Chaney Jr.