The Killer Instinct Community Guide

Moveset:
Normals:
Standing Lp- 4 frames start up,2 active frames,and 10 frames of recovery. It is +3 frames on hit and -1 frame on block. It has short range and can easily be chained into another Lp which is typical of a Lp. It can be used to apply pressure but it does push the opponent away so you can’t pressure the opponent forever with it. It can be canceled into a special move. It is great for tick throws
Crouching Lp- 4 frames start up,2 active frames,and 8 frames of recovery. It is+4 frames on hit and +2 frames on block making it slightly superior to its standing variant. It has short range and can easily be chained into another Lp which is typical of a Lp. It can be used to apply pressure but it does push the opponent away so you can’t pressure the opponent forever with it. It can be canceled into a special move. It is great for tick throws
Standing Lk- 4 frames start up,3 active frames,and 10 frames of recovery. It is +5 on hit and +2 on block making it the most frame advantagous of the light normals. It has short range and cannot chain into another Lk. It can be canceled into a special move. It is great for tick throws.
Crouching Lk- 4 frames start up,2 active frames,and 10 frames of recovery. It is +4 on hit and -1 on block making it similar to Lp. It has short range and can be chained with another crouching Lk. It can be used to apply pressure but it does push the opponent away so you can’t pressure the opponent forever with it. It can be canceled into special move. It is great for tick throws. Unlike the other light attacks,this hits low so the opponent will have to crouch block.
Close Standing Mp- 6 frames start up,3 active frames,and 12 frames of recovery. It is +4 on hit and +1 on block. It can only be used up close or the far version will come out instead. It can be canceled into special moves. It is great for tick throws.
Far Standing Mp- 6 frames start up,2 active frames,and 18 frames of recovery. It is +2 on hit and -1 on block. It has decent range. It can be canceled into a special move. It is great for tick throws.
Crouching Mp- 6 frames start up,2 active frames,and 19 frames of recovery. It is +1 on hit and -1 on block. It has decent range. It can be canceled into a special move and isn’t great for tick throws because it has a lot of recovery but it is possible.
Close Standing Mk- 6 frames start up,3 active frames,and 15 frames of recovery. It is +4 on hit and +1 on block. It can only be used up close or the far version will come out instead. It can be special canceled. It is great for tick throws.
Far Standing Mk-7 frames start up,4 active frames,and 21 frames of start up. It is plus 3 on hit and -2 on block. It has decent range. It can be canceled into special moves. It is not recommended for tick throws due to the pushback.
Crouching Mk-6 frames start up,4 active frames,and 16 frames of recovery. It is +2 on block and hit. It has decent range and can be canceled into special moves. It is great for tick throws.
Close Standing Hp- 8 frames start up,3 active frames,and 15 frames of recovery. It is +0 on hit and -4 on block. It can only be used up close or the far version will come out. It can be canceled into special moves. It is great for tick throws.
Far Standing Hp- 10 frames start up,4 active frames,and 25 frames of recovery. It is -2 on hit and -5 on block. It has amazing range and can be canceled into special moves. It is not recommended to use this for tick throws as the push back is much.
Crouching Hp- 8 frames of start up,5 active frames,and 16 frames of recovery. It is -4 on hit and -7 on block. It is a great anti air and that is its main use. It can be canceled into a special move. It can be be used for tick throws.
Standing Hk- 11 frames of start up,4 active frames,and 19 frames of recovery. It causes a hard knockdown on hit which can lead to mix ups and is -6 on block. It has great range and can be canceled into a special move. It is not recommended for tick throws because of the push back.
Crouching Hk- 8 frames of start up,3 active frames,and 21 frames of recovery. It causes a hard knock down on hit which can lead to mix ups and is -9 on block. It has great range and cannot be canceled into special moves. It can be used in tick throws.
Forward+Hp- 8 frames of start up,2 active frames,and 17 frames of recovery. It is +4 on hit and +1 on block. It has great range and moves forward for extreme pressire. It can be canceled into special moves. It is great for tick throws.
Back+Hp- 18 frames of start up,2 active frames,and 20 frames of recovery. It is -2 frames on hit and -6 on block. It has great range and is an overhead. It can be canceled into special moves. It is great for mixups and tick throws.

Yay!!! I did the normals. How was it? My eyes are fried right now! Specials will come way later since my eyes are fried.

I might have abbreviated it to “PEW PEW!” But yeah it’s pretty good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not sure whether I’d actually want the descriptions for each character to be that long but I’m not sure (I think we could just go with something like this):

Fulgore:
A mass produced robot unit from UltraTech, Fulgore has a variety of weapons and techniques at his disposal including eye lasers, the ability to teleport, and plasma blades that can be used in multiple situations. How you apply them is up to you.

Or maybe something similar - I might not even do a contents area, just a little idea I had.

I’ve edited your normals in a couple of places just for coherence, but a good job so far - looking forward to the special moves. You can find the new content in the link above - I’ve already added it in.

Give me a few days and specials will be done. They are a bit harder to do because they are more complex bur I have an idea already:)

Thanks for letting me know, but I won’t rush you. What do you think of the way I’ve presented the normals?

I like it. Awesome layout. The page does feel a bit dull right now though. Will you add pictures?

I could, though that might be the last thing to add - don’t forget I can’t check the pictures myself so it would be a long and arduous process. Thanks for the comments though.

First update of 2016:
@RGLOfficial has offered, very kindly, to write out/help complete the menu section of the guide (including practice options etc). Since there are going to be a few more blind players coming into the game, I believe these instructions, once complete, will allow them to get involved in more of the game than they might have been comfortable with before.

For those who haven’t seen the latest/current version of the guide, the layout is starting to take shape, with lists and a small glossary of terms (which those who wish to can add definitions to if they wish as well, just let me know what they are and the term.).

OK @SightlessKombat I need to bring this up. In the new interview with Adam, he said the dojo is going to be reworked for Season 3. I’ve got close to finishing the dojo section, but I want your input as the one who runs the site and guide currently.

Should I continue forward and possibly release it even though it will be changed? I’ll have to do the new one either way. I just want your input for how you think we should proceed.

I’ll post the video once it gets put up by CrazyLCD.

I already saw the interview live. I would say finish what you have and it can be released as a partial holdover until the new dojo info is completed, but also for those who get the season one physical release. Wouldn’t want all that hard work to go to waste now, would we? :smile:
I will type out a longer explanation later as i am not at my pc currently.

I’m gonna try and get it done by the end of January then. I need some rest before Season 3 releases. Once S3 is out, it’s gonna be tough to maximize practicing for EVO and the dojo again.

That’s gonna be 4 months of training and saving for spending money in Vegas.

Thanks very much for the update, I wish you the best with getting that sorted - I know I haven’t seen the content you’ve worked on yet, but we can use it as a template of sorts and I can give you feedback as well on possibly how to improve it.
Also, good luck with the evo training, wanted to go for years myself but can’t for any number of reasons (and that’s a topic for a completely separate discussion).

Looking forward to finally being able to complete the Dojo mode myself.

I wouldn’t mind contributing to the story parts of things. I personally don’t think I am yet qualified to be doing anything gameplay related with this game yet, but I am a lore guy and already pretty much studied the KI universe before I had even played any of the games lol

I appreciate your offer. If you’re willing to transcribe the story text and sequences from the season1 and 2 story modes (S2 is probably easier to start with as that’s easier and you don’t have to get 3 different endings), that’d be a good addition though it wasn’t entirely planned in…

1 Like

I just wanted to flag up that those who have said about contributing to sections, such as @Marbledecker, @TheNinjaOstrich, @MasterZenek and others, if you could get something together (or finish the information you’d started to provide, as the case may be) to fill out the guide some more that would be very much appreciated.

@Sasuke99I
Any news on the Fulgore specials? I know you said they’d take a few days and I respect that, just wondered if you could shed any light on the current situation of those.

Let’s make a big push to get as much done before March as we can - meaning just slight changes for the most part afterwards.

Oh I can’t currently finish them right now due to school but they should be done by Saturday/Sunday. Sorry for any inconvienance. Adding the frame data plus uses of the specials was harder than I thought. Plus adding pip canceling is much harder to explain. Will finish by weekend though.

Ahh, the joys of guide work.

“Hmm… that was a lot harder and more time consuming than I thought it’d be” x 18,673

1 Like

It’s is explaining the pip canceling without mentioning it at all previously. I think it would be best if I explained it before going to specials.

Thanks for the quick response, glad to see you’re still on the case. I know there’s a lot of things going on - it’s called “life”… :smiley:

• I look forward to seeing what you can come up with in terms of explaining cancelling - the first parts of your move list have been very helpful in improving my Fulgore game plan.