The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

What kind of printer did you get? I started with an Ender 3 and have upgraded to a CR-6. I also have a resin printer (Anycubic Photon Mono).

These 2-3 weeks are not great

So the police had a search warrant for my sister and her EX and they had to take any devices to see if she used them in some kind of Fraud. They took our Xbox, my brothers phone, and me an my twins PC Towers.

But neither me nor my brothers had involvement nor did we know about it. I don’t know when we will get them back but it should be this month. We even told the detective we never let anyone on our computers so she wouldn’t be able to use them.

so the detective knows we are innocent and said we will get our stuff back in time.

Because of this, our Primal rage final battle project has been put on hold once again.

Ouch, that sucks, dude. I’m sorry to hear the news. :frowning: I hope things get better for you.

We should be expecting our stuff back in a week or two.

2 Likes

Hold on, if you don’t mind me asking but what did your sister do if any? She must be innocent too, right? :confused: :confounded: :hushed:

I’ll tell you in a DM, Its pretty fed up that she’d do this.

2 Likes

Hey man I just read your original post how’s everything getting along with your license and having left the security gig?

security gig?

I must have responded to somebody else my apologies

So I’m actually someone who hasn’t bought a Xbox Series S yet but Amazon actually had them in stock today so I ordered one. I was surprised two weeks before Xmas that they would actually have them.

1 Like

The Series S’ are everywhere, at least here (Greater Toronto Area). It’s the Series X (and PlayStation 5) that’s impossible to find.

Are you upgrading from an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X?

I have 2 Xbox One X… I also have a PS5. I mainly game on PC. I didn’t really need the Series S but they’re not everywhere here so got it. If I don’t decide to use it I’ll give it away as a Xmas gift. When I ordered it they also had the Series X but I prefer the digital only version.

2 Likes

Nice. I typically game on a PC for Multiplayer, and on my Xbox One X for single player.

I’ve found it interesting comparing the currently supported Xbox consoles, where basically the Xbox One/Xbox One S is low-end hardware, the Xbox Series X is high end hardware, and the Xbox One X and Xbox Series S are mid-end hardware that prioritize different things.

The Xbox One X prioritizes visuals, like resolution, texture quality, etc. and the Xbox Series S prioritizes performance, like steady frame rates, load times, etc.

If my Xbox One X died tomorrow, I’d have no choice but to replace it with an Xbox Series S since Series X’s, as I mentioned, can’t be found here, and I think I’d be happy with the Series S until I could snag an X.

1 Like

The Series S is a fantastic arcade machine. It is speedy, runs things well at 1080P and the Xbox has a very decent library of fighting games to choose from, as well as retro arcade games. It’s not hard to get arcade stick hardware setup to work on it either. That’s basically what I use mine for, as well as for playing multiplayer online games with my son while he uses the Series X.

1 Like

I too got na Xbox series S and while I wait for my CPU to return, I will be working on another project to tie things over till then.

heres a render by Jeff of one of the beasts in this animarion

6 Likes

DUDE! :smiley: THAT is awesome! I LOVE the texture work on this. Is this Diablo?

No, as we said we dont have our cpus yet. The part I forgot to mention as that we didn’t back up our models and projects before the incident. But then again I didn’t anticipate this was gonna happen but I’am learning some valuable lessons from this

Also you can tell it snot diablo because theres no black stripes

Ah. Sorry about that.

no worries friend. But as soon as my PC comes back I’m gonna give it some updates. Bakc up. everything on that drive and then Finish the project. Heck I’ll even animate a scene.

1 Like

I recently finished a short story I’d been working on, published it yesterday in fact. For me it’s a huge thing as I’d been wanting to finish it for some time. Not posting links (as per the rules) but I’m excited for the feedback. If it goes well I have several other ideas and eventually I’d like to do something with KI (need MS permission first though)

3 Likes