The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

8 days left: https://www.aliveshoes.com/bonza

Question: if a job wants your work to be confidential, does this include the job title? Do I have to put N/A on a resume?

Hey buddy. Just invite me to your house, so we can play KI matches and watch Transformers movie 1986 while eat large cheese pizza from Papa John’s Pizza until full. lol

2 Likes

So about mid March I hit the heaviest I’ve ever been at about 317lbs. As of this post I’ve managed to bring it down to 286. I would give some big story about what all I did to drop the weight, but it’s not all that remarkable. I simply haven’t been eating as much. I’m not starving myself or anything, just making sure I don’t eat more than I burn off in a day. Funny how that works.

4 Likes

Now getting drunk at a party in Hong Kong. And for some reason I’m reading the KI forum now.

2 Likes

Good luck man, that struggle is real. I’m about 6’2” and currently about 245. When I was in grad school I topped out at about 285 and realized I had to make an adjustment. It took me about a year and a half to get down to 212 (comes off quick when you are young) and I was able to maintain that for almost ten years. Now I’m a. Over 40 and b. My work keeps me traveling and it’s amazingly difficulty to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you are sitting alone in a hotel. Food is easy to come by and often the only enjoyable thing in a day, and exercise is nearly impossible. Even at home it’s rough but I can schedule my day and eat certain things at certain times and slowly lose some weight. But it’s rough.

We still have a lot of stigma and scorn around people who struggle with weight, but it’s tough. It’s not like you can go “cold turkey” on food. You have to eat no matter what and it’s amazing how much we use food to celebrate things. Plus you can say “no” to the candy bar in the mini fridge 30 times in a day but you only have to say “yes” once and the damage is done.

Anyway good luck man.

3 Likes

I figured its too dangerous walking around tipsy on a Hong Kong rooftop trying to take selfies and whatnot. So I took just one snap…just one… (not trying to be another millennial in the news for the wrong reasons)…

3 Likes

Yeah, I wish my metabolism was the rate it was in my late teens. Sadly that ship sailed 20+ years ago. My brother and I downed 3-4 Mt. Dew 24 packs a week, and I stayed a slim healthy 180.
One of the biggest things I’ve been doing is keeping track of caloric intake/output. The Samsung health app on my phone has been extremely helpful on that front, but mostly I’ve just been trying to keep my intake roughly 500 calories under what it says I’m burning on a daily basis. The funny thing is it’s amazing how little things add up. Like I’ve started drinking my morning coffee black, because putting enough coffeemate to my taste would add an extra 300 calories. Mayo on that burger? That’s an extra 90. Salad? Roughly 0. Salad with croutons, cheese, bacon bits, and salad dressing? Probably an extra 400 or so. Sodas mostly haven’t been an issue because I’ve been drinking diet stuff for years, but apparently I was doing the “diet coke and big mac” thing without even realizing it.

2 Likes

The calorie counting is very helpful to establish a daily routine and then to realize when you eat out just how many calories are in meals. It is very difficult to order a meal in any US restaurant that is less than 1000 calories. Knowing this can at least help you make better choices. It doesn’t make it more fun, but at least you know. Knowing how many calories you waste eating things you don’t like all that much can be useful.

-500 calories a day is quite a bit. Just be careful you aren’t trying to go too quickly.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m watching to make sure I don’t rebound. I’ve done that before, I don’t plan on doing that again. When I lose a bit more I’ll start tapering it down and find more of an equilibrium.

Participating in my first ever offline tourney. Hope I can squeak out a win today.

12 Likes

It’s muh birthday, also, miss you guys!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Kev! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, Happy birthday! Mine’s on the 18th. I’ll be turning 39…dang it looks worse typed out. I already got my present from my family, a Mortal Kombat 1up Arcade cabinet.

…unfortunately when I got it home I found out it was missing the packet inside that contains all the screws, brackets, joystick bat tops, and power cables…so either I can do the run-around of taking it back to Wal-mart and hope they have another in stock (I’ve heard the MK cabinets are selling out pretty quickly), or get ahold of 1up’s customer support and look into getting a replacement bag of screws & stuff. Cause you know, I kinda can’t run the thing without that packet…or put it together. :confused:

1 Like

Heh thanks! Yeah I’m a year younger than you, I feel like I can’t officially say I’m in my “mid 30’s” anymore!"

Not sure what I’m doing today, but there’ll be takeout and wine later and I’m going to an IKEA tomorrow which I’m stupidly excited about. :joy:

Is your MK cabinet a universal cabinet which can contain any game technically? Hope you manage to get a fix soon, post some pics somewhere when you do.

Yo Nitric! Happy birthday mate! Hope you’re gonna have an awesome day!

1 Like

I know I’ve been fairly absent lately, but it’s not without cause! I’m getting married on the 19th and am looking to use the deal on owning a home starting tomorrow. Lot of big life stuff for Fwuf right now!

It’s nice popping in and seeing how you all are doing though. I hope you a the very best and can’t wait to see more of you all in the future!

FIGHT ON!

7 Likes

Thank youuu! Also, play Soul Calibur with me some time! :joy::grinning::stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats!!! :fireworks:

1 Like