The KI Life Thread (what's going on in your daily lives)

Lmao.

1 Like

A video of myself trying to finish my research paper

5 Likes

Remember…

CA3B8A57-D2BA-4D4E-8F2F-251EA01CAD7E

4 Likes

Well that’s a lie, otherwise I wouldn’t even know who you are.

3 Likes

Well played.

Just simulated a match in Fire Pro Wrestling World between a Shago inspired edit wrestler and some random WWE inspired edit wrestler.

Killer Instinct can’t leave me. :joy::skull:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: omg stop it

Well, I’ve had some more ups and downs the past couple of days. Had a huge sale yesterday…the kind where I matched a month’s worth of income from my previous job in 3 hours. And today I had to reschedule all my appointments for later in the week because my medication is making me dizzy and I’m spacing out a bit. Not a lot, but definitely enough to make me feel not safe to drive.

1 Like

All done with my paper. School’s out! Woo!!

6 Likes

'Tis the season to be jolly everyone!

I recently go hooked on a new thing called Heroclix. I wonder if anyone knows about it or even plays it.

(It’s a mess Ik)

It’s basically a chess like game involving DC and Marvel characters (it even includes third party franchises such as Gears of War, Halo, and Street fighter!) Each character has their own skills and stats that can correspond with the strength in their lore! Simple to learn and hard to master (but kinda leans towards those who spend more)

My favorite characters are Mysterio, Deadshot, and Firefly. I tend to lean towards cool looking characters rather then useful ones. I’m hoping to buy a team that consists of General Raam, Arbiter, and Sauron. What a dream team!

School is getting pretty hard as finals approach. Hope everyone will eventually find some time to rest.

2 Likes

These things have been around for a while haven’t they? I always thought they looked kind of neat, but I’m too old to start collecting things and my son is too young. But he’s starting to have an interest in this sort of thing so maybe now is a good time to introduce them… Where do you get this sort of thing? I used to occasionally see them in the store but not recently.

I never had any Heroclix, but I do still have a few of Hasbro’s Attacktix figures…somewhat similar in design, but they’re more like “scr3w the stats, let’s just have ways of physically knocking the other pieces over” so they have heavy(ish) spring-loaded projectiles and spring-loaded waists to use bludgeoning weapons. They had Star Wars, Transformers, and some Marvel ones. I mostly collected the Transformers ones.
One thing I really liked is one particular transformer character they made into this, it’s the only place you can find that particular TF character…but it was one of the Decepticlones exclusive to the Transformers Armada PS2 game.

LightTroop

That was such a fun game…the PS2 Transformers game, not Attacktix…

1 Like

Assuming you live near a mall or a shopping center, you can usually find them where comic books are sold. Most comic book stores in my area also sell boxes of Heroclix (15 dollars for 5 or 3 for a single). You can also get them online but some are worth up to $1000! (The most expensive one I have is $27 being vampire Batman) I’m only going to buy a couple figures online.

Personally, I like the act of collecting figurines that I like rather then actually using them to play (my friends are more into that). Some of the characters I like in comics don’t have a lot of merchandise and Heroclix remedies that problem.

These actually sound really interesting. Are they just action figures with moving parts or are they more then that? Do they still sell?

I actually took a trip to a comic book store that I didn’t know existed and found a few. They have some of the sets and blind boxes, but nothing resembling rules for playing the game or a “starter” set of any kind. Any advice on where to find those things? I can find the rules online, but I’m not sure if that’s the best option.

It might the best option however. The game is kinda old and if it wasn’t for my friends I don’t think I would have been able to understand the game. I’d look for something like a starter kit online or maybe asking a comic book store owner if they know anything about it.

Edit: The rules are really confusing reading them with no prior understanding…https://wizkids.com/heroclix/gameplay/rules-format/

It would be best to find someone who can explain them to you in a simplier way (maybe a YouTube video?)

1 Like

As far as I know they fell out around the time the first Transformer movie came out. They were figures attached to clicking bases akin to the heroclix, and they had limited arm movement for adjusting aiming. But with it being more physical in nature meant if the various mechanical components weren’t working properly the game would be unfair. For example there were a couple of bigger Transformer pieces, Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinel, that were so massive a normal piece wouldn’t be able to knock it over, so they added a weakness to their knees so that if you shot both knees for each robot it would unhinge and the bigger robot would topple over backwards, only more often than not they wouldn’t work right and they would simply never get knocked out of play, completely wiping the floor with the opponent.
Some of the spring-loaded projectiles would fire off prematurely as well wasting your turn (that’s what she said).
So yeah, it was a neat concept, but had mediocre to poor execution.

1 Like

From Hot Topic to yours truly.

I would love to see someone modify Spinal’s default outfit and make look almost exactly like this!! :skull:

2 Likes

1 Like

I suppose it’s time to collect those Dossiers.

Also, yesterday I met Christian Serratos and Steven Ogg at the Walker Stalker Convention in Jersey. It’s cool as heck to meet the real deals of the hit tv shows, plus I bought the TWD Skull T-Shirt.

View the photos below!

2 Likes

That’s me cosplaying as Noah (Noah already died however).

4 Likes