The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

GGs dude. You were kicking my ■■■, lol. I am not good in that matchup, and you’re really good, so there’s that too. :wink:

2 Likes

Aw… you’re too kind. :slight_smile: You were no push over. You DID edge out the win at the end, so it wasn’t like I was destroying you. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, thanks for that. I do need to practice that matchup more. It doesn’t help that it feels like she’s moving twice as fast as I am, lol.

1 Like

Ggs to @Zcythe!!

We had a long and entertaining set, and his Glacius certainly is a menace!

His Glacius certainly is. He sure gave my Sadira the “cold shoulder”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

GGs dude. I think saying my Glacius is a menace is WAY too much credit, lol. I hardly left a dent. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm I realized that the only opener you seem to be able to combo into off a light in Mage stance is Shadow Stomp? Interesting :sunglasses:

And what the hell is up with that shadow counter? I can never convert off it LUL.

Hop by and say hi. :slight_smile:

:zap: Pt. 26/29 - EYEDOL :point_up:

1 Like

Well, perhaps in spite of myself and rather than bump one of the many threads on the topic, I’ll “gg” the very few and far between players who made Exhibition bearable for me tonight without naming names. I decided to jump back into online and knock a bit of the rust off/play with Shinsako who I haven’t really touched since her launch and can honestly say I feel like I didn’t see one friendly face.

I messaged people with “gg” and didn’t get a single message back, got taunted, tea bagged and multiple ultra’d within an inch of my life, I wouldn’t mind, but I just wanted to unwind and have a little fun in Exhibition tonight, and to my way of thinking, if you’re going to join exhibition, you’re looking to play more than one match and likely shouldn’t waste all of your opponent’s time making them watch an Ultra when you could be well on your way to the next fight.

Do it a few times maybe, but I don’t feel like every single fight it’s necessary and a little “gg” once in a while can make you feel less like you’re fighting sociopathic bum hole AI, or, perhaps more worryingly that these types represent the community as a whole.

I know I’m going to get heat for this, maybe I just went into exhibition with totally the wrong mindset, but it does concern me that maybe the nicer and more respectful players are in the minority and it does give me a little cause for concern about what truly new players may be having to put up with, I’ve never seen exhibition quite so chock full of these types I’ve encountered today.

I’m sure I had a point there somewhere, or maybe it was a mini-vent, but the whole thing just took me a little off guard, hoping I’ll have a little more luck in the future, but for sure, it wasn’t the funnest way to come back to online. :confused:

4 Likes

I don’t understand why people need to be ■■■■■■■■ ever. Ranked of exhibition. So many people given the choice act like jerks. And then they complain that there’s no one to play against and a whole slew of jackasses will hop on her and tell you that you shouldn’t take it so seriously. But that’s not any sort of positive reason that people should be taunting, teabagging and doing multiple ultras before ducking out of a single exhibition match.

People are jerks.

6 Likes

Im never one to initiate taunting/tea bagging in a match. That is unless I’m provoked.

If someone initiates it then it is on.

So if anyone is interested feel free to add me for some friendly exhibition matches.

5 Likes

In these past two days, I have sent more than a few messages saying GGs. Only a few responded and I even got called a “■■■■” for my troubles by one person. But I just say “whatever” and move on.
I don’t expect much when it comes to basic human decency, when I’m on Xbox Live. Years of playing and interacting with horrible people on the platform have taught me to expect the least. But there’s no reason to not be a decent human myself though lol. Letting toxic people get to you isn’t a good idea, so don’t worry about.
Know that there will always be kind hearted people here on the forums, and maybe even elsewhere online.

BTW GGs to @ItzTymeToDul for the Jago mirror set

4 Likes

That they are, I’m not sure if it’s since hitting Killer, maybe people see that like a red rag to a bull and it doesn’t matter how I perform in game, or if I’m trying to improve with someone and noticeably losing a lot, they’ll intentionally cut my practice time by continually doing extended Ultras, so basically I’ve probably spent more time in game in that session watching someone beat my already dead corpse than I have actually learning anything new about the character.

I’ll add you for a few in the future. :grin:

Yeah, I know from being on the internet for far too many years of my life and, not to sound like an idealist, but it would be nice to be able to have a break from the negative and enjoy some positive online experiences once in a while, it’s difficult to “be the change you want to see in the world” with all the vipers biting at your ankles sometimes. Thanks for responding, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That is every day for me. 75% or more of my daily matches are like this. It can be frustrating and put you in a bad mood for sure.

Also I cant stand when they leave after one match when they got a win in while you are testing a new character or trying out some set ups. Then they leave with a teabag and a 2x ultra. And leaving is fine, if you have some thing important happening ect…

But it does suck to want to relax and chill and its nothing but “vipers biting your ankles” lol

When you get bagged and loose it really sucks…its not so bad when you get bagged and still win.

1 Like

GGs to @xFAxDRAGONKING for you defunct F10 last night. It was a LOT of fun, despite KI acting up a bit. I have to admit though, I was completely exhausted, but it was still really fun. Oddly enough, EVERY single match I played last night was against Jago. It almost made me tear up, as it reminded me of Year 1 and the Jago Army.

GGs to @HeliumHead2030… I forgot you were the lone Sadira that I encountered. Even though I don’t see you playing Sadira much any more, you still gots it. Ggs!!!

1 Like

Hmm, is this a recent occurrence? Or have you always found that to be the case while playing randoms online? Because I don’t remember it being quite so bad last time I really dove into online. :confused:

I added you so you can experience some badness, also. :wink:

1 Like

You are welcome to add me too. I won’t teabag or taunt. :slight_smile:

But yeah, that’s how most of my matches go if I lose in exhibition. It’s crazy.

2 Likes

It has become worse since S3… but it used to be hit or miss. Some days would be no issues and then some you would just cross “that guy”. But now it feels like every match is a shitt show.

Hmm, you’re already on my friends list…unless there’s more than one ostrich, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you online, however.

Well, poo. :confused:

It really is the equivalent of sharing enjoying a day at the beach with other people, deciding to sit down and make an intricate sandcastle while everyone around you randomly comes and pees in the sand you’re trying to use and kicks it in your face while you diligently attempt to carry on building. :joy:

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76 and @NitricZenith

Some advice: Take the good in and leave the bad out.

Just saying.

5 Likes

Ggs to @xFAxDRAGONKING and his superb Jago! I was bested in a f10… or whatever it turned out to be… Our set kept crashing. :tired_face:

1 Like