The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

10k will be mine. Lol

1 Like

Geek banned till 2093?? WTF man thatā€™s BS. Dude is annoying but Iā€™ve seen a HELL of a lot worse and I dont see where there was any derailment worthy of a ban. If thats the case then everyone responding to him would be just as guiltyā€¦would they not?

7 Likes

This thread is a free for all, anyway. Itā€™s 8000 posts of GGs, letā€™s play a set, tier list discussions, and whatever else. Itā€™s a good thing to have a thread like this. The discussion with Geek today was over something to do with the game itself (ie, it was not insulting or slanderous for no reason), so based on the other 7950 posts in here I dunno how it can be considered derailment.

Anyway, the mods gotta reconsider. I dunno which of them did it but the decision should be reversed.

6 Likes

GGā€™s to @DEClimax , who pummeled my poor ā– ā– ā–  in our FT20 set this evening. I got a few hard earned victories, but alas I have much to learn.

Youā€™ve got some scary tech dude. Keep up the good work!

GGs~ Still cleaning off the ring rust, haha.

1 Like

And if it wasnā€™t clear from my initial post then yes, if Geekā€™s ban was related to todayā€™s discussion then I 100% agree that ban should be rescinded. Thereā€™s no way his posts here today are worth a permaban, and frankly, I think the forums would be a lot less interesting without him. Maybe the day comes when he does something to warrant that response from the mods, but today was not it.

@Sasuke99I - yeah man, letā€™s do it

Also, Iā€™m about to hop on now for about half an hour or so, so if anyone wants to play some friendly games (no Hisako) then Iā€™m down :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No Hisakoā€¦Iā€™m up for it. Probably be brief though so FT2/3 not too sure which. Need to finish all the homework Iā€™ve been putting offā€¦or I can wait till the weekend to do it XD

Also, I call BS on not getting 8K. Had my standard post queued up for it, and then I had to sit in class and learn Japanese :sob:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not even fully aware of the situation, but regardless. If the crime was ā€œbeing off topicā€ the imposed sentence was way too excessive. Come back in 2093? Most murderers donā€™t even serve that kinda time. If any action was warranted I could understand a week at most, but geez what the flapjack?

3 Likes

Definitely agree that geek doesnā€™t deserve a permaban. He hasnā€™t done anything more banworthy than, say, LCD.

4 Likes

Topical Humor
Or is itā€¦
#Off-topical humor?

2 Likes

My part has been resolvedā€¦ Iā€™m good and in the clear now.

1 Like

If Geek is banned but LCD can call everyone sexist for not agreeing with him or saying ā€œlatina womens are always dressed like Laura (sfv)ā€,then something ia really wrong here

16 Likes

I wish I can give you my double likes.

2 Likes

this is some dumb BS right here geek dont deserve to be perma ban

1 Like

Its the Rational Beef Resolution thread! @Marbledecker would not approve of such actions.

3 Likes

can you guys @moderators plss unban geek like seriously give him a last chance or something i know geek can be annoying and i had the experince of it but dont perma ban him :confused: and the reason for perma banning him is pretty dumb

2 Likes

Oh my. There have been times when I thought Geek had earned a vacation, but this probably wasnā€™t one of them.

I argue with him constantly and I admit he gives me hives. But I think heā€™s going to take it really hard to be shut out of the community.

Iā€™m afraid I may have contributed by complaining about someone elseā€™s ban for something trivial when there are lots of folks who are constantly walking the line of trolling the forum. But I didnā€™t name Geek specifically.

Itā€™s really tough for them, I imagine, to rescind this sort of decision. But I would support a stay of execution in this case.

9 Likes

GGā€™s to @STORM179 yesterday for that set. It went smoothly. KIā€™s netcode at its best. Definitely going to play some more this weekend. Maybe I can even doom myself by playing his Hisako.

1 Like

its been far too long since i have fought you @Sasuke99I