The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

Alright. I’ll make sure to play you this weekend.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah, GG’s man. I’ll probably be back in a Sako mood by the weekend though, so that’s who you’ll like be fighting.

And GG’s to @ItzTymeToDul for the matches last night as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ggs to @SithLordEDP who I just played in ranked

Ggs @MandrillManiac

GG’s man!

It was very fun!

So I figure Geeks sentence can’t be lightened huh? Even a month? Dissapointing.

Well, less opinions, which is good and also bad because it can eventually lead to a one-track minded community like Fallout or COD forums.

Or it could be okay, I guess we will see. Still don’t think he deserved a ban. Suspension would’ve been warranted.

2 Likes

@SithLordEDP stop avoiding me and play me in a set damnit :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

A suspension isn’t even warranted, tbh. He did nothing ban or suspension worthy this time. He was chatting about Killer Instinct on the Killer Instinct forums. He said some untrue things and we discussed it sarcastically, in typical forum fashion. The mods should not take frustration at Geek’s opinions as reason to ban him.

Nothing was out of the ordinary or ban worthy. Not even “well, just lighten it to a week” or something. A week is too long for doing nothing wrong.

I don’t see why. They press a button and he’s back on the forums. Nobody asked for him to be banned, so nobody will be upset that he is unbanned. Rescind away and let’s get on with our lives.

Like… I don’t understand why this wasn’t done yesterday. There is no hard decision here. Reversing the action takes 30 seconds of someone’s time. We don’t need to think about it for two weeks and have multiple meetings about this and get the stamp of approval from the CEO of Microsoft. Despite it not affecting me personally, it’s upsetting to think about why someone doesn’t just click the unban button. And when he comes back to the forum, I wouldn’t even tell him to act any differently from how he was acting the day he got banned! It’s just a crazy situation that is being way overblown by them not acting on it.

7 Likes

He actually got suspended for a week for his recent troll thread.

2 Likes

I think it’s on the sense that he has been told multiple times and banned before this one for the same thing. While it would be easy to just hit a button, something tells me that it’s not that easy…

One week - LCD
2093 year - Geek

Wut? :confused:

13 Likes

He was banned for making really outrageous and insulting comments about a forum user. I supported that ban because he super violated the ToS.

He didn’t even derail a thread this time. He posted a weird opinion about KI in a long free-for-all thread, we laughed about it/discussed it, and moved on.

I dunno man, them taking their sweet time on the overturn is really strange.

1 Like

Something tells me we won’t get an answer. I don’t think anyone that has been permabanned, has been able to overturn the decision.

I dunno man. I don’t know what we could do.

1 Like

It may have been this thread that actually did it:

He did a double post in it that appeared to be starting a full-fledged conversation even though the OP explicitly said to only use one word.

…I mean I’m sure everyone has their opinions about him (I honestly don’t think he should have been permabanned myself), but as mentioned earlier he is a repeat offender and has been warned several times.

We won’t. Mods don’t discuss moderation with anyone other than the offending party. I learned that from my own suspension.

So that’s it then…

We’ve lost Geek with no chance of a repeal…

Maybe I should just take another break from the forums. Then they can do whatever they want, like always, and I don’t have to think about it. Might be the best course of action for me.

2 Likes

That’s sad :frowning: I miss Geek from the forums already :sob:

9 Likes

Man, Sad news indeed…

Sorry Geek.

You were a good guy, with a heart bigger than the Galaxy.

GGS my friend.

Fight on.

Can’t they do something? Come on :confused:

6 Likes

Is that really that terrible a crime in a thread that was already A. In the off topic sub forum and B. One of those throwaway topics every forum has like “what are you listening to” “what are you reading” though?

I admit, it’s totally strange without seeing Geek around here, especially this thread where normally I’d have read about 10 of his replies by the time I’d scrolled down to this point.

2 Likes

Thread derailment (some of which has started genuinely interesting discussions about characters, game mechanics, improving one’s play, etc) isn’t worth a permaban. And if they wanted to enforce that, then it sure as hell shouldn’t have been enforced here, in one of the most consistently off-topic and freewheeling threads on the forums.

It was a bad call yesterday, and it’s still a bad call.

10 Likes