The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

Since @galacticgeek is apparently permabanned for repeated thread derailment, just gonna put it out there that if that’s in reference to this thread then I call BS.

Geek is Geek, but this thread has always been incredibly free-wheeling and somewhat random, flowing from memes to tech talk to MU discussions, and I like it that way. I disagreed the last time something got dinged for being “off-topic” in here, and if that’s what happened here then I strongly disagree with it again.

20 Likes

So Uh
GG’s to @NitricZenith and @MandrillManiac for helping me get back into KI with some fun sets. It was quite the party!

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s the gg’s thread. I view this as the KI equivalent of SRK’s forum lounge. There isn’t really a topic. Just a gg’s thread. Speaking of which, let’s try to have a set this weekend for once.

I’d submit that luck is always part of the equation. The difference it makes in a given match varies, but it’s always there. In my opinion, a good player takes luck’s opportunities and often even influences it through skill and execution.

1 Like

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2017/2/20/whiguyblink.gif

7 Likes

Woooow. Look, GG can be a character, but he by no means deserved a permanent ban, especially if it was due to his comments on this thread.

Come on @moderators, first Wrath now a permaban on GG? I don’t know about that. Seems a bit harsh doesn’t it? I can’t be the only one seeing a trend here on zero tolerance, am I?

9 Likes

Uhhh yeah, Geek should not be permabanned based on actions in this thread. He says debatable things in here but none of it is ban worthy.

Who banned him and why? Permabans for a person who posts as often as Geek does should be explained I think.

I just looked through his post history, and nothing seems off. Vast majority of his posts in the last day or so came from this thread. Come on mods, we give Geek a hard time but we don’t want him banned.

13 Likes

Agreed. Geek’s actions in this thread don’t warrant a ban in my opinion.

4 Likes

I dont necessarily agree with Geek, but as long as what is being told is true with reasoning, im sketchy on the permanent ban.

3 Likes

.#Justiceforgeek

3 Likes

GG’s to @Fwufikins @DarkLrdChuckles @NitricZenith and @Zcythe

Very nice time! I had a lot of fun!

3 Likes

I literally played one match, lol.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll second this GGs @Fwufikins @DarkLrdChuckles @MandrillManiac and @Zcythe!

Was fun, sorry I didn’t stick around and say goodbye, my internet dropped and I’m getting kinda tired anyway! I think this is the most forum peeps I’ve fought in one day counting @ItzTymeToDul earlier, and it’s been a lot of fun. :smiley:

3 Likes

You show up there. That counts as a gg’s for me!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, internet went poof. :confused:

It’s just ironic because the last time I played a certain someone in a FT10 they messaged me saying" Wow, you’re just gonna leave" after 19 matches, lol. :relieved:

4 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Permabanning Geek seems a little much even though he does start debates and arguments at times he starts conversations and keeps them going. A forum is a place to talk, so what would this forum be without the guy who gets conversations going the most?
#FREEGEEK
@moderators

12 Likes

Yeah, it’s especially weird if it has indeed come from this thread, not to try and drop anyone in it or anything, but clearly from the discussion above, he was far from the only member who was “off topic.”

Also, at the time he was on topic insofar as what was being discussed could easily fall under the category of “rational beef.” :confused:

6 Likes

8k☺

4 Likes