The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

[quote=“Dayv0, post:6972, topic:1877”]
I’m not the first to say this, but even losing, you don’t need to put the score. But since A LOT of people already told you that and you still goes by it, forget I said nothing
[/quote]I figured since I wasn’t boasting about myself and was in fact praising my opponent for a job well done that it was acceptable in this particular case.

I would go with mid range approach or punish unsafe moves against Tusk
[/quote]Tried this - not as easy against Tusk as you might think.

c.mk as meaty
[/quote]Yeah, I don’t use this as much as I should - I’m so used to using c.MP, which doesn’t work with Kilgore and often screws me up.

I’ll try that.

-Move backwards, using b+HP to get space AND stop him if jumps or dashes
-M. Metal ball and m. gunfire works as medium range antiairs, same goes for the DP when closer
-Don’t forget about teleport. You could use it to avoid slow moves AND punish with anything you want(some advice: F+HP, C.MK into QCF+P(specially if oveheated)

I do the b.HP, and often, not so much with the M. metal ball, though. MP air-shot was used sparingly due to its slow startup. I’m also still struggling with DP-motion consistency, safety, and range. Getting totes better with teleport - love that move.

I’m not sure why but this matchup intrigues me. Since I’m as mediocre with Tusk as with everyone else it might not be super informative for making tiers, but maybe we could run a set with your Kilgore against my Tusk? I play a pretty basic Tusk, but also pretty patient and I can see this giving Kilgore some trouble.

@GalacticGeek Tusk likes you to be at medium range too, so maybe Kilgore’s medium is just a bit further out than Tusk’s medium? This is a really interesting matchupbecause Tusk can actually win whole fights without entering the combo system and Kilgore seems like he wants to build PD for short one chances. A lot of Tusk’s offense is vulnerable to throw so maximizing Kilgore’s throw follow ups and covering yourself with missile seem like they would be critical here.

1 Like

IMO posting the exact score as the winner comes across as bragging, and should not be done because it can be seen as tearing the opponent down.

Posting the exact score as the loser implies a wish to give the winner recognition; it isn’t necessary but I don’t see a problem with it because this really can’t be misconstrued as an attempt to tear down the winner (unless it’s something like “you 5-0d me you lagswitching cheater,” of course).

I don’t think Geek was out of line by posting the score in this instance.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan!

I already faced good Tusks.
Its a very fun MU, at least from Kilgore’s side, and it’s an interesting challenge

1 Like

I throw a lot with Kilgore, but usually follow-up with backdash into ground-shot (to build up heat) rather than missiles, where I’ve been punished (of course, I wasn’t backdashing afterwards yet, as per Dayv0’s advice).

1 Like

A huge GGs to @BigBadAndy for our Kilgore vs Tusk match!

I really wanna praise your navigating through the zoning Andy, as I told you, you managed to move really well among all the bullets and missiles. At the end, we got a really fun and intense space control fight.

I mean, how many times do you see a timeout when Tusk is one of the characters? :joy:

I’m really having a lot of fun with Kilgore, seriously, there were hilarious moments during our matches

2 Likes

After reading the last couple of posts I wondered if I was doing something wrong by my posting the scores as well. No mallace was intended on posting the scores of course whether I win or lose.

So long as you don’t consistently go on about how thoroughly you stomped x and y person, I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s a little rude perhaps, but if it’s not a pattern most will probably give you the benefit of the doubt.

I’ll probably be on KI later tonight. @LemonHunter38, @DarkLrdChuckles, either of you want to play? Or anyone else for that matter - I’m game for whoever.

2 Likes

You feel like playing me?

Yeah, sure :thumbsup: When do you want to play?

I wanna play someone tonight…

Decisions decisions :thinking:

Man I would like to get some games in tonight but I’m going to be watching the Bama/Clemson game. I’d be game later tonight if anyone is interested.

@ItzTymeToDul @STORM179 I’d like to play one of you guys sometime. Haven’t played Dul in a while and I’ve never played against Storm before.

1 Like

I’d probably be snoring by then… Meh. Another time :smiley:

2 Likes

Yea I’m down…I should be on later

I’m down for watching my Kilgore get killed. After all, why not? :sweat_smile:

Ok. I’ll hop on now then. My mic has been on the fritz though, so I won’t be talking.

I’ll be on in a few minutes. :wink:

Alright, that works.