The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

Looks great! On Android chrome no issues for me either!

looks perfectly fine on windows phone with the edge browser.

I was checking out Maya as I am trying to learn her. Was pleasantly surprised by the new moves list.

To give some feedback, I had no trouble browsing on my Xperia android with chrome browser.

Yeah Iā€™ve been slowly working on getting the move lists up. Only have Cinder and Aria left. Will probably finish that tonight.

Hey Guys!

I am very new to vsing people online in KI got back into it since I bought my fight stick since I struggled on my game pad.

That being said I have improved on execution of moves and combosā€¦ but I struggle with online.

Would anyone like to play me online sometime and give me some feedback? I struggle to find games some times and when I play my rankedā€¦ I just get bodied haha

Iā€™d be more than happy to help out! Simply put a space in between my name (Galactic Geek) to find me when you do a search. Iā€™m available most days. :wink:

Okay, Iā€™ve got all the move lists in now. Let me know if anyone has any trouble viewing them. This took a surprising amount of work, as always seems to be the case with new guide additions, lol. But itā€™s been needed in my guide for a while, and has been an often-requested feature.

Check them out on each individual character page: http://ki.infil.net/characters.html

so if i plug my fightstick into my pc and use the shadow breaker tool i should get better at breaking them?

As Iā€™ve said before, I have some nitpicky typo/wording corrections to make, but Iā€™ll get to that at a later time to be complete. For right now, I have some moves that were omitted from the new moves list. Iā€™m assuming that you wanted to include ALL command normals.

Glacius: back+HP anti-air

Orchid: Air throw

Kan-Ra: Kan-Ra has about 3 crouching punch command normals. He also has his back+MP pinwheel and back+HP, which I think were given the lame title of ā€œalternate attacksā€.

Riptor: I would add that while in Predator stance, she canā€™t block or run, but can dash.

Omen: Demonic Despair, Shadow Form

Aganos: War Path (forward + HK), Domination (Peacemaker command grab). Also, Shadow Natural Disaster only has a low hurtbox while being held, just like the projectile invulnerability. Placing a wall behind also has a different move title, which I canā€™t remember right now.

Hisako: Possession is an unblockable more than it is a command grab, right? I donā€™t think throw invulnerable moves beat it.

Cinder: Iā€™d add that Trailblazer gets stuffed by everything, and also that grounded heavy Trailblazer is an overhead. Using different button combinations for Shadow Pyrobomb changes the trajectory. Pyrotechnics can also be done on a throw.

Again, ignore some, all, or none of these.

Thank you Infil! Your Moves list on Character pages just helped me beat a Killer with my Day 1 Maya. I had my phone open, and glanced at it every now and then. Lol :slight_smile:

When going through the in-game move lists, I tried to include all the ā€œgoodā€ command normals, but I tried to cull a few of them because it made the move lists exceedingly long and I was nervous about how much screen space they were taking up. So I intentionally didnā€™t put Aganosā€™s fwd+HK in there, for example, or some of the numerous Kan-Ra command normals (though maybe I should have pinwheel in there).

But you did list some ones that should be there (Shadow Form with Omen, among others) so Iā€™ll take a pass at your list and make some changes, thanks!

Just a passing observation and opinion, but when I saw you say this I was disappointed because I see your guide has being the all-in comprehensive guide to learning the game, so when you say youā€™re NOT going to include something thatā€™s in the game that can help a new player learn the game or a character better, I feel as if itā€™s dojo mode all over again (where it teaches you quite a bit, but not really enough). I always hated it when games did that - for example, in the instruction manual, theyā€™d give you a nugget, with 3 or so moves - but thatā€™s all (when the character had easily twice that many). How can someone play a character effectively if they donā€™t even know all of the characterā€™s tools that are available to them?

ā€¦and yes, I get that there should be some mystery left in learning characters, but I donā€™t think it should be the moves of the characters - rather I think the mystery should lie more with how and when to USE those moves effectively during the fight. Otherwise, youā€™re just hindering the player from the start for what is essentially not a good reason. Itā€™s kind of like how CAM is addressing the quarter-circle and DP inputs - those were never really needed, but were put in as somewhat of an artificial limiter. Right now, I feel like youā€™re being that artificial limiter - and when youā€™re ultimate goal is to help the community learn and enjoy the game, hearing what you said above just seems (to me at least) to be a bit of the opposite.

ā€¦then again, I just may be overthinking itā€¦

1 Like

Well, there are a few things here.

1. Itā€™s impossible for me to say everything there is to say about this game. There is lots about the game my guide doesnā€™t cover. For example, I donā€™t cover specific matchup advice, because that is well outside the scope of my ability for every character in the game. There are also various little nuggets across each character that I decided werenā€™t worth mentioning, simply because it didnā€™t fit the page structure, or was too advanced for the surrounding material, or whatever other reason. So my guide is fairly all-encompassing but is definitely not ā€œperfectly completeā€.

2. One of the main problems with trying to instruct people how to play fighting games is overwhelming them with information. For example, if I was learning a Tekken character, I would want someone to tell me a handful (10 or less) target combos that are very useful. That way, I can start playing the game and know that Iā€™m doing something not totally terrible to start. I wouldnā€™t want someone to just show me the entire 100+ move list and say ā€œhave at itā€, because Iā€™ll just be intimidated and Iā€™ll get nowhere (that information is also already available to me, if I wanted to try doing that). I kind of feel like that for the move lists here. Something like Aganosā€™s fwd+HK, which is a move that is very difficult to use in actual play and no beginner should ever try, probably shouldnā€™t be one of the first things someone sees when looking at the Aganos strategy page, because to me it adds to the confusion. Beginners see it on the list and assume they have to know how to use it or else theyā€™re missing something, when in reality they should probably almost never use it.

3. While I do my best to make the guide as factually accurate (ie, indisputable) as possible, there is clearly some level of personal opinion on my pages, especially the character ones. I try to inform users what I think is a ā€œgood strategyā€ based on all the matches Iā€™ve watched and played. In fact, sometimes I tell people simply to not do certain things, because I donā€™t think itā€™s a very good idea. Contrary to your post above, I actually think this helps beginners, not hurts them, because what beginners really want is some basic gameplan they can try to copy. ā€œPress these two buttons, do this one special move, and youā€™re good to goā€ is really what they want to hear. If I were to outline the frames of Jagoā€™s jumping light punch, simply because itā€™s in the game, it would quickly be overwhelming and I would be saying things just for the sake of saying them.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ve gone through all the suggestions in this thread that I missed from before and made the ones that make the most sense to me (including typos and various fixes). Hopefully I didnā€™t miss anything!

I also reworked the front page of my guide to be a lot more friendly, instead of that giant wall of text that was pretty painful to read. I think itā€™s a big improvement! Check it out: http://ki.infil.net

I think the next stage of my guide is something Iā€™ve been stewing over off and on for a long time, and thatā€™s trying to figure out a way to put a Donate button somewhere on the site (via Patreon or Paypal or something like that). The site will always be free to read with no pressure to donate, but with Season 3 coming up and a massive amount of work ahead of me, it might be time for a totally voluntary option like that just to help me out a bit.

1 Like

You used chibi-KI characters? AWESOME! That Aganos-chibi is to die for! :smiley:

Yeah theyā€™re cute! But I didnā€™t draw them. Be sure to check out Legendary Frog, the artist responsible! He has chibis for all the KI characters.

Hey, thatā€™s the same person that I got my Chibi Jago/Shago profile pic from! Very nice. :slight_smile:

Hey infil, I have no idea how to message on this websiteā€¦ I have tried a dozen times and it keeps saying ā€œcannot send pm with topic left blankā€ when I have filled in the topicā€¦ it is extremely frustrating. Here is the message I was trying to send you @Infilament

"Okay, I donā€™t mean to bother but I also donā€™t want to come off as the average video game player. I have a lot of questions about killer instinct, and the reason why I came to you is because your guides are literally the best thing on the internet. I am a very analytical person and I donā€™t want to ask all of my questions on this one message, because I have a lot. Is there any way we can play together? I would appreciate it so much if you could help me practice on Xbox liveā€¦ my email is jpfitness9433@gmail.com and my gamer tag is one1sh0tonek1ll. If you have to know, my main (or what I want to be my main) is riptor, but I also want to get good with cinder, hisako, orchid, and maya. "

Just noticed that the Omen and Spinal pages do not mention the additional +2 frame advantage gained in instinct. It is worth noting that from what I can see the frame advantage Spinal gains only applies on special moves, his normals are unaffected.

I was thinking that since the old forums are out of action and the link to the run cancel guide doesnā€™t work it might be worth swapping it for a link to his frame data instead on Google sheets, since it contains the run cancel data anyway: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J0l7kDzl_yVq-q4MBVV9o3kqCBtsEhrrhf2QuIpjoC0/edit?usp=docslist_api

Fantastic job dude, the guide is looking great. If you ever need a hand testing anything let me know and Iā€™ll help how I can.

Hey @Infilament , I was scrolling through the Riptor page and I got to thinking of a few ways to imrpove the guide a bit.
Firstly, the Riptor page is still missing that neat Predator Stance Dashing HP. Itā€™s the only one missing among the PS attacks, so I think itā€™d be nice to see it in there.

But on to the main idea: I think there could be a little graph/spreadsheet that goes down a list of certain types of moves that the character has or doesnā€™t have (i.e Invincible wake up, projectile invincible, super armor, etc)
A few examples could be something like;
THUNDER
Projectile Invincible: Yes, Sammamish
Super Armor: Yes, Shadow Triplax
Invincible Wake Up: yes, Shadow Sammamish
Low invulnerable: Yes, Ankle Slicer
Throw Invulnerable: yes, Ankle Slicer
Overhead: Yes, forward>HP
Low: Yes, Ankle Slicer

Enders-
Battery Ender: Yes, Ankle Slicer Ender
Hard Knock Down Ender: Yes, Ankle Slice
Damage ender: Yes, Call of the Earth
Juggle Ender: Yes, Sammamish
Wall Splat: Yes, Triplax Ender
Exchange: yes, Call of the Earth

Sabrewulf
Projectile Invincible: Yes, Shadow Leaping Slash
Super Armor: No
Invincible Wakeup: Yes, Shadow Eclipse
Low Invulnerable: ?
Throw invulnerable: ?
Overhead: Yes, Leaping Slash
Low: Yes, Hamstring

Enders:
Battery Ender: No
Hard Knock Down Ender: No
Damage Ender: Yes, Eclipse
Juggle Ender: yes, Running Claw Upper Cut ender
Wallsplat: Yes, Ragged Edge Ender
Exchange: No

Not a big deal, just an interesting idea.

1 Like