The Bored at Work Thread!

ha ha thanks…usually Im considered the A hole everywhere I go…so Ill take it!!

3 Likes

I’m flattered @FallibleJoker14 I’m usually the shy gentle one, but take things serious when push comes to shove

2 Likes

Just remember, “if mean people suck, then nice people swallow”. :laughing:

Why should I care about the feelings of others when they don’t care about mine? I know you won’t say it, but I don’t want others here talk about “being the bigger man”. Let someone else be the bigger person, so I can be me.

As far as offending, who is right? My rude behavior might offend some, but over sensitive people offend me.

I am not going to change just so some strangers can be happy.

Let the hatemail begin :imp:

2 Likes

Wow, someone flagged me for saying a word that could mean many different things and its you people that search it and find what you want and I get flagged. SMDH

Im offended! Everyone’s offended!

Im going to start flagging everything that offends me.

4 Likes

@R1stormrider Dude I think you will like this band and their new album… looks to be mostly about Dantes Inferno. ( Like Symphony X Underworld)
There previous albums Titan and The Great Mass are EPIC

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-septicfleshs-entire-codex-omega-album/

i been looking for new metal, thanks! and wtf is going on in here? whos flagging? goddamn lurkers that dont even post here i bet wtf

Probably a mod to make sure it doeskin escalate …what ever… the joke served its purpose and it will live on when the next person uses the joke on their friends and on and on it goes. lol

1 Like

It brings a whole new meaning to the Teen Titans episode when Cyborg and Beast Boy only say the word “Waffle”

:laughing:

I was going to flag it as a joke. I can’t believe someone really did though.

Remember that it is ok to play a violent video game, but rude jokes cross a line. :pensive:

3 Likes

im so swamped with work, if it wasnt for this vocal trance music im hearing id probably be raging by now lol. this stuff keeps me mellow (more or less)

in other news i tried the destiny 2 beta, it was really cool. im gonna buy that game

Lol. Last thing we need is you chucking boxes at people :joy:

I wouldn’t think much about it. As far as I can tell flags don’t mean much unless the mods start sending you DM’s (the non-automated kind) telling you to knock it off.

2 Likes

That actually scared me when I got my first flag.

It was an automated message from Robo-Rukari, but all it said was:

Rukizzel: Your post in "[Insert thread]…

I was like,

"Oh god, I’ve summoned the wrath of a Dev :sob: "

3 Likes

Im not worried, but it still sucks that ppl get so OFFENDED these days. This generation is weak and are too easily offended by things that arent even an offense.

But whatever… I really fear for this generation when they become REAL adults.

1 Like

If you ask me we’re too young to start yelling at clouds yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But on a similar note, I have noticed some of your posts on various threads lately have been sounding like you’ve been on edge a bit, like you’ve been quick to become defensive. Been stressed out a lot IRL lately?? Everything doing ok? Maybe I’m just imagining things.

Im not stressed about anything…my life is damn near perfect. I just dont like being called out on forums as if Im wrong and that person is right when its all opinion based. I dont like being quoted to prove someones point…if you agree with me, then quote me, but if you disagree then why quote me? Just state your disagreement without quoting me to bring attention to me while others have the same idea I do.
I dont like being challenged based off opinion or hyperbole… if you have facts bring em… if not… keep scrolling. But if you challenge me then be prepared to be challenged as well.

But no Im not on edge…Im always like this. It funny you say this becasue when you look at from my point of view…you are saying its ok for some one to disagree with me but I cant defend my point without sounding “on edge”. You read it how you want to read it… you create the tone you want to “hear”.

But its things like the flag above… I make a funny joke about raspberry pis and blue waffles and then people laugh about it, grossed out ect… but some how it offended someone… so should I be censored for that? I didnt post a pic or a link… I did nothing but type the words… what they found is on them.
Everyone can be so defensive and offended…but i cant? I’m def not worried about the flag… Im more worried about the state of the nation and how easily everyone gets offened yet you can’t defend against the offended.

Funny thing yesterday on facebook I got called a racist because I said “black athletes” in a thread about Haglar vs Hearns boxing match. Black athletes in the 80s in general , IMO, had more passion than they do today in boxing. So Im a racist.

1 Like

In fact, just about EVERYTHING nowadays especially is considered offensive and politically incorrect. And overall we are currently living in a PC culture today :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, ok…I guess I was just imagining things. :sweat_smile:

Im living on the edge! lol …you cant help your self from fallllling!!! Living on the edge!

I guess I am pretty edgy most the time…when I get challenged. I try not to challenge anyone…I respect others opinions and beliefs. Even if I dont agree or like it… I respect the passion and effort. But for some reason I dont seem to get that in return… not sure why.

3 Likes

*shrug *

Maybe it’s just miscommunicated tone. Like you mentioned above, people read the tone they want into text unless you can fashion some sort of indicator. I know my last post could have come off sounding sarcastic and smug were it not for the emoji I used, which is why I added it. Tone is so hard to convey through text, but it’s easy to see why. We’re hard-wired to include body language into our spoken language, and without it we simply add what we imagine should be there.

…hence why we have emojis now. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

well no doubt things have gotten more politically correct, lazy, entitled, but also more authoritarian from the college fools. not only are they cryin about everything, but a bunch of em follow a certain ideology thats killed 100s of millions of people. this new generation is gonna be in for a rude awakenin later.

i mean think about it, at the work place none of that will fly (unless its google or marvel comics lmao). at one time we were to get someone like that, an intern. he was to be paired up with someone and our top brass was at a loss as to who.

so they gave him to my friend. before lunch he was sent home and kicked the fuckk out. our job is hard in the quantity sense, but what we do isnt really its just tedious. if a loser like that cant fuckking do I.T. work i fear for our future when these morons do more important jobs if they can ever climb out of that waterfall of tears since the fucckking election.

@TheNinjaOstrich LOLOL dude i seriously forgot i assaulted my former coworker. im never gonna live that box incident down

4 Likes