The Bored at Work Thread!

You didn’t assault your coworker, he “fell” into a floting box. :wink:

If you don’t mind, I would love to hear the box story.

2 Likes

well one day i was sweating buckets throwin coax cable through a ratty asss building with tons of dust and nasty insulation. i was already in a bad mood then coworker comes and starts jokin with me. seeing as i had no immediate interest he made the error of startin to poke fun at me and i told him to stfu, grab a ladder and start gettin task at hand done so we can gtfo.

noooope kept talkin ■■■■, i told him to stfu a few more times but he didnt listen. so, in front of my supervisor, my other coworkers i climbed down, grabbed a heavy box full of junk and bashed him in the head and cussed him out, then i was about to move in to start kickin the shittt outta him but he started to apologize. its quite funny lookin back, seein all that stuff flyin everywhere lol

3 Likes

LOL! I’m surprised you didn’t get fired for something like that!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

lol nobody saw it coming. my supervisor is a very nice guy, he knew my temperament that i just do not take shitt from anyone and he witnessed that i was being provoked. that was what prolly saved my asss lol. tell you what though, that dude never bugged me again

2 Likes

swamped again with work like a motherfuckkker over here. i would be super stressed but my weekend was a complete success.

my car’s wiring is complete, and now she fires up completely turn key. put key forward to accessories, fuel pumps prime, give another push and bam she starts up fast and strong. no fuel leaks, no wiring shorts, all is well. resurrection complete!

no longer do i gotta go into the trunk to touch wires together direct from battery then run to the front and turn the ignition lol. automotive mechanics, always an adventure

I had an employee leave 2 months ago… begged to come back and that her problems were temporary. I finally gave her the ok to come back… she came by last week, we spoke, text her Thursday to start today. No cal No show

People beg to work and then they dont want to work. I dont understand how they survive with 2 kids, no job, and burning bridges left and right.

3 Likes

It’s because people want the money a job brings, but not the work itself. :roll_eyes:

Well, I’m officially off of the weekend roaming shift now. Yesterday was my last day of it. The trade-off is that now I’m going to be working the 12-8a shift throughout the week…kinda the catch-22 of the deal.

2 Likes

its like i make head way through the jobs, then 30min later im back where i started plus extra. i nearly had my orders down to single digits, then i got slammed with another 25 in 1 day. when it rains it pours, but that wont stop me. the successful weekend is literally what is carryin me right now

Same here… I swear if i could walk away today and not need a pay check i would. I cant stand working fro a place that doesnt want to grow or change. And I really cant stand being around low level emloyees that has too many problems and cant work an honest days work without some sort of home issue. ugh

1 Like

if there is one thing that pisses me off royally, is sheer incompetence. and a few of those jobs were from that, trivial things that those guys are signed on to do and handle themselves. calling me in is like bringing a chainsaw to a knife fight, absolute total waste of my fuckking time when there are others who need my help

Yeah man, new hire started yesterday. This morning, no show…I call…she is till asleep…overslept.
Comes in at 9am…forgot everything she learned yesterday… starts Fn shitt up…ugh FML

how old is this person? i feel your pain brother, i go through that now and then

46…lmao… and live in a rich neighborhood. prob has a husband with money… but need to work due to DWIs or some shittt.

2 Likes

my brain just blanked out

I’m pretty sure I saw on Facebook that today is @R1stormrider 's birthday.
giphy (2)

3 Likes

You do realize that some of these people just work long enough to claim unemployment. As soon as they can, they do stupid things to get fired. Once they get fired they go straight to the unemployment office, file and sit on their azz until the money runs out. Repeat.

1 Like

Or simply just plain spoiled rotten, no? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

thanks @fwufikins!

1 Like

Your right…but you have to work at least 4 months to be eligible and you have to either get laid off or get fired for no reason at all. If you get fired you dont get it…you can appeal and hope you when the unemployment hearing but if the employer has all the right documentation…you dont get anything…and it takes forever.

Out of the 5 years Ive been with this smaller company not one person has been able to claim UE that quit of got fired…none. At our larger company I had a lot that were eligible but thats because we laid them off…very rarely did a terminated employee qualify.

1 Like

So I had a Job interview at GAME today and and I am really tired. Interview went well and Im pretty confident that I have a good chance at getting it.

3 Likes