The Bored at Work Thread!

I fixed my radiator hose! It wasnt that bad… kind of easy. What sucks is as soon as I was done the AC in the Tahoe went out…ehhhhh

1 Like

changing out rad hoses aint bad once you get started, its just messy really

AC? yeah cant help you there. i been pulling AC OUT of cars not installing them. lmao

1 Like

I don’t know why but I have been experiencing A LOT of issues with my Xbox One recently, from games constantly displaying “-------- has taken too long to start” to issues signing in, Xbox randomly signing me out mid-game. Even basic apps such as ■■■■■■■ settings not starting and its giving me that “-------- has taken too long to start” ■■■■.

Well, at least college is finished. I got called in last friday during Remediation week (no official classes are running but if you have any work that needs to be submitted you can come in to finish it. Part 2 of my assignment for Introduction to Project Management needed to be changes but funnily enough it was actually the lecturers fault :joy::joy:

(This next part is going to be technical)
in Microsoft Project if you assign one worker too much work within one day he gets marked as over allocated and gets marked as red. In part 1 of my assignment if a worker was over allocated it didn’t really matter but in fact it was actually encouraged BUT my lecturer forgot to tell the class that in Part 2 no workers should be over allocated. My lecturer emailed us all to come in to fix it but it’s actually a pretty easy fix. Its just amusing that it wasn’t my fault that I had to come in :joy::joy:.

He also lost part one of my assignment so I had to email him another copy of part one, but accidents happen.

And now that should be me 100% conpleted the course!

I’ve been having this problem as well. Fortunately we have a second XB1 and we just switched over to using that one for now (it was the kids’ XB1 and they would hardly use it anyway). I did do some checking online and the only thing I came up with was the typical send it in for repair speal.

So, I just got back from work after being stuck with a broken truck in 115 degrees.

I work for FedEx, under a contractor doing Home Delivery. I did my stops for the day and my truck’s computer dislodged itself from the mount, because the mount broke. To fix that, they have to either buy a new dashboard and install it, or zip-tie the computer to the underside of the dash. Guess which one they’re gonna do. After I got back to the terminal, I notified our contractor’s mechanic to have it fixed.

My boss calls me and asks me to help him out around 2pm (about 110 degrees outside). He only needs me to take 10 stops, so I hop in a different truck (because the mechanic was going to take mine back to the shop). Drives fine with no dash lights signalling anything wrong. I get to my second to last stop, and the truck overheats, and dies around 330pm. I call the mechanic for a ride back to the terminal and call another driver to meet me and take my last stop. My mechanic shows up at 5pm, after 1.5 hours of me sitting in the sun with no AC in 115 degree weather.

I’m very pissed, to say the least.

Mine did that too for a few days the week before last, do you have any updates downloading or has your ISP been having problems lately?
The only solution to the error code I got was to restart/hard reset the Xbox. After a couple of tries doing that, the games would start. I should add that 3 days after it started until now, I have not faced the problem at all.

Man…working long days in 102 degree weather is pretty hellish at times. Started work at 5 and ended around 3 all while working my bum off in the Arizona sunshine. Landscaping is quite a bit o’ work

2 Likes

Imagine being in that temp with 95% humidity…that’s pretty much what my part of the world is like. It’s like working in a sauna.
Thankfully so far this year the temps have been staying in the upper 80s–>low 90’s so far this year.

1 Like

@Ziarist thats what id call one shittty day man, at least you made it through alive. just have a few cold drinks this weekend if you aint workin and try to get some relaxation. thats gotta be stressful.

down here its been about 105F with 100% humidity lol, the sun touches you and you are on fire. that texas heat is already coming back, but at least my daily driver has AC again! omg i would be so fucked without it

1 Like

I saw 100° and was sitting wondering what the ■■■■ then I remembered that is Fahrenheit and not celcius :joy::joy:

1 Like

rofl, maybe in august

but seriously we have seen temps up to 51 celcius. there was a post apocalyptic european movie i saw where everday was in the 50s range in terms of temps. i was like, “some nightmare you all conjured up, its real…and its in texas during the month of august.” hahahaha

So today was a “take 2 shots o rum as soon as I get home” sort of day. Everything was super disorganized, very little communication between us and our crew/leader, out up doing practically nothing for most of the day and then doing an entire days worth of work in 3 hours work
And tomorrow we need to go back to the same spot and do more of the same

That would be alright if my work weren’t invading my dreams. Every night I’m driving around or clipping or getting dust and leaves getting blown into my face

I’m not ready to be an adult. ■■■■ growing up I just wanna stay home and play video games

On a positive note I’ve been getting a buttload of overtime pay :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn… :frowning:[quote=“Fwufikins, post:3004, topic:479”]
On a positive note I’ve been getting a buttload of overtime pay
[/quote]

This is my only silver lining. I guess.

1 Like

my week went to total shitt, so this weekend ill be staying in and doing absolutely nothing for a change. i wont be able to do any work since everyone will be busy, so looks like ill be on that quake champions beta and catching up on some rest. also, i have 2 days of work left! oh my god, 3.5 week vacation here i come, thats alot of time to get things done on the car. im gonna haul ■■■ and get as much as i can finished up before i start the grind anew in late july.

You can be an adult that goes to work to play video games… its a viable career option. Also comes with a buttload of overtime pay every so often.

1 Like

I go on vacation July 1st to the 10th.
Looking froward to being off, working on the car and playing games all week.
Going to have a garage sale too!

1 Like

So I got called into college again today, even though I have already submitted twice apparently the person marking it (not my lecturer) is being extremely picky and told me lecturer to get me to change the start date on my project file even though its a minor detal, little did I know that it would break my project since all the values such as money saved and time saved changed (when they really shouldn’t have) so I annoyingly had to change my report.

I really hope that is the last time I have to go back in :joy::joy:

i got back on the KI train this weekend since i was stuck with nothing to do. what is up with these guys who earned 1 pro star and are acting like cucks? here is the most notable incident

i ran into a 1 star opponent. player let me have the first match by literally letting me beat on him. you do not ever throw a match against me, thats disrespect. to make it worse, he counter picked my hisako with riptor and teabagged throughout our match. tie breaker i took the win, he rage quit.

seriously, i know xbox live is full of little bitchess but man this past weekend was just horrible overall. like it got worse! lolol. that pro star gets to people’s heads more than it should

Dude its everyday on Ki Xbox live… KI online opponents are 90% douche bags. I just got 2x ultrad on my lunch break and for what?

1 Like

dude i have never, ever ever been given a head start on purpose by some cuck on live. ever. that is the worst kind of ■■■■■■■ disrespect you can throw at me. worse than teabagging. look where it got him, ■■■■■■■ butt hurt real bad. all he did was succeeding in pissing me and himself off for being a ■■■■■■ when he couldve just enjoyed the fight while having fun. but i digress