The Bored at Work Thread!

Exactly. It’s always everyone else’s fault, never yours.

4 Likes

depends on what kind of girls you’re after man. a bunch of women dont like weaklings or beta males. they look to men for strength and security. confidence is also key. you need to present yourself as a challenge. you dont need to be alpha as ■■■■, gym rat, tribal tattoo assshole. but you cant be mr sensitive beta male, taking back sunday emo punk bitchh either. lol if that makes sense

edit: dont be needy either. they’ll think hanging with you comes a contract (and drama).

3 Likes

If only it was simpler :joy::joy:

dude tell me about it, sometimes its dumb how hard it is and how easy it is.

I don’t really want to go into it on these forums but… SOME OF US girls aren’t into ANY type of guy. :stuck_out_tongue:
#ButThatsOK

With that said, EVERY one is different. There are no rules for either gender IMO. I’m kwazy so that may or may not make sense.

1 Like

@KIFANATIC8488 is in Alabama correct? Down here in the south…exactly what @R1stormrider say is the typical southern girl. If you are too sensitive and too easy to "catch’… your chances are slim.

Depending on age anyway…but the younger they are the more likely they are going to want what they cant have or some sort of challenge…I mean…dont we all want whats out of our league?

I found that playing guitar in a kick asss metal band and being a confident semi A-hole…works well.

I dont think playing fighting games would have worked well in my early 20s

2 Likes

As long as you ____ em right they love you…
And if you dont somebody else will.

2 Likes

i learned the hard way that being nice doesnt work and being indecisive as well. especially if the girl of interest is latina. omg good luck. just a moment of indeciveness was questioned immediately and i had to fix the situation (and boy was fixing it so much fun). they dont want to be given a choice, they want to see a confident man take what he wants despite the risk. just how it goes lol

@JouksNetlander sometimes thats not even enough dude lmao, but for some it is.

Oh man this day is dragging so freaking hard its insane.

Anyways, just read the last few posts and it looks like we’re talking about women here? I’ll just throw this out there, as this is what I’ve noticed in my life:

Women aren’t stereotypes. They don’t fall in to categories or a narrow set of personality traits. Take all the garbage from movies, TV and the sexually frustrated internet and put out by the curb for pickup because they’re useless.

Women aren’t trophies to be earned, you don’t get them by displaying some dominant trait that they all fall for, they don’t all love sensitive guys or jerks who neg them and there’s no universal way to do anything that works for an ENTIRE gender beyond treating someone with respect and that’s just universal. You don’t have to assign that to a gender.

It sounds to me, and I could be wrong, that Wrath’s daughter wasn’t being treated with much respect. Blow ups followed by apologies… I get that emotions run high at that age, but everything up through the public break up just sounded like a lack of stability, common sense and respect on his part, and if I had a daughter or son, I wouldn’t want them dating someone like that either.

At the end of the day, as far as women go, I tend to ascribe to the belief that they’re just people, just like men, and just about everything that implies. I’ve had more or less an equal number of male and female friends in my life and my strongest influences have come from both genders.

The whole “men are from Mars, women are from Venus” stuff is useless trash that needlessly creates some sort of mystical aura around half the world’s population, which only serves to divide us from them.

A vast majority of the issues men and women have in terms of finding one another, getting along, etc, can be attributed to our cultural baggage when it comes to what men are supposed to be and what women are supposed to be. That’s only complicated further by our own personal, mental baggage / upbringing / recent experiences plus the societal advances of the last fifty years and what that’s done to our pre-established cultural roles, customs, language, etc.

All of that is one long way of saying that while any situation can have it’s own challenges, I don’t believe there are many universal truisms that explain why women are this or men are that beyond the fact that we should treat people well, men and women alike.

Respect isn’t an alpha or beta trait. It’s not something some women look for, but not others. It’s not a stereotype. You either give it an receive it or you don’t. If one side of that equation is missing, there’s probably something wrong. But that’s just what I’ve found.

5 Likes

LMAO!!! Well said… thats it folks… thats your answer. Topic ended…lmao

This too! Well said! I was that guy in my teens. Procrastinator to the max!

2 Likes

i think movies and TV have done nothing but make it worse for guys who are after that special someone. media tends to portray us all as inept and dumb ■■■■ goofballs. conversely women have been shown to be cold, extremely selfish, and unattainable. its a ■■■■ shame!

@FallofSeraphs76 yeah happened to me too lol. it was called out, as is typical here in the south. they’ll taunt you for it, or walk. she taunted, gave me the chance, so i went for broke and it paid off.

3 Likes

EXACTLY. Both sides have been so indoctrinated to expect certain things both from their own gender as well as the opposite that it’s honestly novel when either one exceeds expectations, which is ridiculous. Wow, you’re a guy that can fix a lawnmower AND have a conversation about feelings or opera or ya know, anything else? Wait, you’re a woman who likes makeup AND video games? But I thought only men played those!?

Seriously, it’s kinda sad that we pigeonhole people this way because all we’re doing is short changing ourselves. We could be more adjusted, more relatable and the whole act of dating wouldn’t be such an utter mine field. Instead of looking to these outdated and honestly destructive stereotypes, we should be looking more at breaking them and seeing the people behind the wall of expectations and ■■■■■■■■ our culture builds up.

Sorry, don’t mean to rant, lol. Just throwing my two cents out there.

On a more serious note…

If you were in my fantasy baseball league, standard scoring, who would you rather have:

Kyle Schwarber (C,OF)
Jose Quintana (SP)
Felix Hernandez (SP)

or

Yadier Molina (C)
Giancarlo Stanton (OF)
Yu Darvish (SP)

Mind you, both teams are relatively thin at starting pitcher.

1 Like

yeah thats how culture has been, to me idiocracy is fast becoming a documentary. not only are people becoming dumber, but the sense of entitlement is also growing. the dating scene is also a complete shithole atm even over here. i went on an actual date in the fall, like where i am serious about trying to start a new relationship (gasp). omg was it a total disaster, the girl had nothing of value and was rude with no respect and no class. i was thinking i was doomed to a life of being a bachelor, lmao.

also i know nothing of baseball, im all about drifting and racing. i like F1 alot, though i dont know the drivers that well i enjoy watching them compete and because well, F1 is the most prestigious racing circuit there is! just wish the cars were still v8s though, not these twin turbo’d v6s

1 Like

Seriously. I think the more the media pushes us all apart and angers us, the more emotional we become. The more we stop thinking critically and analyzing both the content we’re absorbing as well as the sources we’re getting that content from, the more willing we become to accept just about anything, which makes us lazier and more ignorant.

The lazier we get, the more we generalize about entire groups of people, and don’t get me wrong, this happens on ALL sides, whether we’re talking about politics, religion, ages, genders, etc. The more ignorant we become, the less willing we are to accept the fact that not everyone fits the narrative we develop in our echo chambers or even seek out counter examples, counter arguments or new ideas.

It sucks man. I don’t want to be angry or dislike whole swaths of people because some of them are outwardly terrible and I encounter that online. But yeah, it all feeds in to the idea that our society is trending in a less desirable direction. I think the best thing for me to do is unplug a bit from social media. Facebook for sure. At least with Twitter, I can despise random strangers. It’s a bit harder or more complicated to do that with people I actually know lol.

That’s unfortunate. Promise I won’t go on (another) rant here, but I don’t get why people act that way or think it’s okay. Lack of common sense? Intelligence? Bad parenting? Well, at least you dodged a bullet then, trite as might sound to say. At least she likely wasn’t all that self-aware, otherwise she might’ve tried to hide those parts of her better and who knows, you might’ve been neck deep before you realized what the deal was.

I’ve watched a few races and I have to say that I enjoy them a lot more than what I typically see in the US (ie NASCAR). I don’t tend to enjoy racing much, but F1 is borderline hypnotic, the races always seem to be in gorgeous locations, and the racing itself is pretty intense. If I were to watch racing, I’d have to think it’d be F1.

I’m trying to learn a few more sports that I know almost nothing about. A few of my buddies actually taught me the basic rules of cricket last weekend, which now sounds awesome now that it (somewhat) makes sense to me!

F1 racers i have the highest respect for. having experience with a turbo’d car, its amazing man. the sudden burst of torque is exciting, and you really need to know what you’re doing to control the car while its boosting. i had a solid 400 at the wheels.

these guys probably have the same amount of power if not more but in a car that weighs somehwere in the neighbor of 1-1.5k lbs. omg the weight to power ratio is absolutely insane. they are the best drivers in the world for good reason! absolutely monstrous in skill level to handle a car like that and at the speed they do, with sharp reflexes and reaction. on top of that, the mental fortitude and strength they have also.

just running time attacks for a 2 day event in my car would drain me out hard since my brain was working on overdrive the entire time. the sheer focus you need is important, not to mention the car itself is wearing you out. F1 drivers are heroes for a reason in all things racing. when i see football fans saying racing is not a sport, and that you dont get tired or worn out…they total ■■■■■■■ idiots.

I am so looking forward to that Easter weekend. On Thursday:
https://img.memesuper.com/5df2edddb3a4b6b0ebbfca233bda420d_reputation-538-leaving-work-like-meme_500-500.jpeg

Edit: My apologies. It seems that not everyone will have a DONSA, hence why I put in Thursday, but if I am off tomorrow, I won’t complain. If not, then at least I have Monday off.

2 Likes

me too LOL, i am sleepy as hell right now. i wish i was in bed longer

1 Like

Man, this thread got heavy… all that teenage drama sounds kind of like the FGC.

@WrathOfFulgore all I can say is that any boy who picks out a poofy dress for his girlfriend to wear to prom has bigger problems waiting for him in life. It may seem like a mess now, but being a teenager is hard and your daughter will get past this and remember that her dad cares about her. That matters a hell of a lot more than what some dumbass kid’s 80 year old grandma thinks of you.

7 Likes

Someone just told me today was GOOD FRIDAY.
Is there such a thing as a bad one? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes