The bonus character of season 3

Interestingly enough, I had the same idea. Even made a few posts of it a while back. Eagle being rushdown glacius sounds good too.

1 Like

Didnā€™t @TempusChaoti say something like ā€œwhat did glacius take exactly? His brain? A clone? weā€™re not telling.ā€? Not sure which thread he said that on though.

1 Like

Yea I remember him saying that, interesting. Idk but Iā€™d really like rushdown glacious, as eagle or not eagle lol

1 Like

If the bonus is to be released, dont play or buy him. problem solved

1 Like

Uhh what? Iā€™m not saying I wouldnā€™t take the bonus character. Iā€™m just saying, Iā€™d rather they take their time with characters and other future content, so we donā€™t end up with Release Eyedol again. Wouldnā€™t you prefer to have a higher quality product than something slapped together? Iā€™m not implying Shago and Omen are, Iā€™m just very sure that what we have is all for Season 3, aside from Eyedolā€™s story in Shadow Lords which is confirmed to be on the way.

I always appreciate that some people not only liked my ideas, but continue to hope to see Slither in the game!

I would be really happy to see her end up a reality, though I donā€™t think it will happen.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just such a unique thought and concept thatā€™s barely used in anything but Greek Mythology or something based on it. In fact the only one most people can name is Medusa.

Plus, weā€™ve seen things with 4 arms and things with 4 legs in fighting games, but what about no legs? Just thinking about it makes you curious how itā€™d animate, right?

Eagle

1 Like

Seeing how 9th characters are usually clones (Omen and Shago) Eagle being a more manipulated Fulgore clone would probably work.

Instead of all his specials and attacks being centered around cybernetics, they could add a more spiritual and heavenly aura to his moves. Say his charge, in Fulgoreā€™s version he charges like a machine, then propels himself from the boosters built in his body, Eagleā€™s variant is charging an aura of light, then say spirit wings of an actual eagle splay from his back as he charges forward. Maybe not a complete 100% clone, but at least basic moves. Heck the eye lasers could also be used as a spirtual weapon, having blue beams instead of red.

User:MikazukiMAN on devientart has a pretty good photo of what could be worked with.

Then his intro and outro, Iā€™m pretty sure they could give him original starts and ends.

Example
Intro: A large spirit of an eagle flyā€™s across the stage, then gracefully lands where the character is played, then as the eagle vanishes, Eagle himself rises from a crouched stance, then prepares his blades while saying in his native language
"Phoenixes arenā€™t the only ones who are granted second chances, now lets begin!"

Victory: In his native tongue
"Now I must go with the windā€¦"
Then he walks away with the spirit eagle flying around him as it follows.

Alt and accessories, maybe the comic version of Eagle, but that would probably depend how drastic the redesign would be.

1 Like

Iā€™d also like a character with spell component mechanics a la dormammu or nine, but I imagine thatā€™s far too complex for a bonus character and maybe too complex for most players in general.

Please not another BIG character. Thatā€™s all i ask.

Second idea, though probably not a popular oneā€¦

Eyedolā€™s Mom. No, Iā€™m not joking.

In the original arcade ending, she was just a SF2 parody, but what if they took a much drastic approach with the idea of a creator of a warlord whoā€™s got beef with Gargos? What if, Eyedolā€™s mother was actually a shapeshifter, someone who manipulates and controls, all while hiding unseen. Then when hearing of Gargos trying to plan a takeover, since she plans to weaken him first, she creates her own Shadow Lord, that being Billy, or Eyedol The Berserk as enemies will now call him. Years of him making a mark as a savage, he finally challenges Gargos as planned, however she underestimates the true power of the devil, as he slays Billy in one fierce attack, thus forming the split headed monster we see now. Unaware of Eyedolā€™s return, she plans to trick others to defeat Gargos, so that she can proceed with her original scheme. Otherwise inspired by the tale of Beowulf and Grendal basically.

Play style, could either go with one of two ways.

1. She mimics everyone among the roster, sorta like Double from SG
  2. She has pre made forms to change from, maybe 3 like ARIA (A grapler, zoner, and balanced type perhaps?)

Visual sketch of what Iā€™d picture sheā€™d look like
http://blokā€“head.deviantart.com/art/KI-S3-Eydol-Mother-and-Son-Sketch-625483818

Nice idea

Clone-ish I guess would be a better description. Shadow Jago originally being a clone copy of Jago gameplay wise, now has a updated move set. Omen being a mix of both Jago and Sabrewulf in some animations and moves. Thats what I was trying to refer to.

1 Like

Oh Okay its because a clone is dark pit and pit in smash bros or mario and dr mario.

1 Like

You guys havenā€™t seen Eyedolā€™s backstory in the DE yet have you? (click the arrow in the quote box to expand & see the images)

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/eyedols-backstory/14865/8?u=wrathoffulgore

Well, since Eyedol was human and was a Watchman like Tusk, maybe his mother was too and hates what her son became when he became the ogre warlord?

2 Likes

In all honesty, read it a few minutes agoā€¦

kinda kills the idea of him having a mother Iā€™ll admit, but just thought the idea mightā€™ve been somewhat interesting, especially since itā€™d be taking a goofy joke and making it into something much more fleshed out.

Not entirelyā€¦maybe the way you were conceiving her, but there could be something there. Like I said, maybe she was another Watchman like Tusk (because there are apparently more now) and saw the whole change and now that heā€™s awakened she vows to try to turn him back from what heā€™s become or end him. they could also work in the whole ā€œgave him his club for his birthdayā€ thing as part of his loreā€¦and not jokingly either. So sheā€™d likely be another ancient warrior characterā€¦maybe a battlemage? Or Hey!!! maybe SHEā€™s the magic archer that keeps getting brought up??? Thatā€™d be awesome!!

3 Likes

Or she too was corrupted by astral energy or by eyedol turning on her and became the medusa/magic archer character forcing her to hide her existence for centuries.

http://pre01.deviantart.net/cb54/th/pre/f/2015/032/9/e/sharkman_by_aga_99-d8gb6v1.jpg

7 Likes