The almost impossible

PMs?

Private Messages.

ok now i know thanks

Well, I finally got to watch the video (I was at work last night so I was on mobile data on my phone), and I gotta say, GG Vlad! Youā€™re a combo breaking madman!
The last time I had played ITA MASTER was when I had first start my top 32 run last month. I kid you not, he was my very first match of the month. I did not fare so well. :cry: I was like: gee thanks matchup serversā€¦

1 Like

That was a fun match to watch. Great job, a long set would really be interesting to see.

As for everything else if you donā€™t know somebody personally never presume anything about them. When I was in college I had a friend who underwent cancer treatment, during that time he spent most of his time resting/recovering while playing WoW. If you look at his time played in WoW you might be shocked. But it got him through that rough time, he went on to recover and eventually get his masters in Business. My point is; a stranger could assume a lot of things about him on the surface, but theyā€™d be pretty ignorant for doing so.

What we know is ITA is a decent player, who has a lot of success and plays the game a lot. A lot of time and dedication has gone into his achievements. Vlad played solid and took a match from this strong player. Overall it was entertaining. And thatā€™s that.

4 Likes

Solid work, hereā€™s a little tip.

We all know that Thunder players like to immediately dash when they have instinct available but this also is a weakness.

Considering youā€™re Glacius and how dp and dash happy ITA Master was, utilizing lance, in my opinion, isnā€™t a good idea, because Thunderā€™s dp is upper body invincible. The lance is considered a mid attack, but hits the upper body of Thunder, so dps from Thunder will beat it. So what is your better option?

While Thunder moves extremely further than his usual dash, your best option is to use an attack that hits mid on him; in other words, an attack that actually hits him both high and low so the upper body invincibility is moot when he dps. Standing fierce and crouching jab are good options, but maybe low forward into shoulder would suffice as well.

3 Likes

Personally, I hate the matchup, but then again, I am frustrated by most of Glaciusā€™ matchups. Partly because of the actual matchups, but mostly because I suck. :cry:

While I am happy for Vlad, but when I watched the video, I was focused on the other guy - and I canā€™t help but wonder why he didnā€™t break and/or counter in some spots where Iā€™m sure he easily couldā€™ve.

Well, most of what Vlad was doing wasnā€™t strictly reactable - he used a ton of lights at the beginning of the fight, but also tossed in just enough mediums later to muck up trying to predict the lights. Iā€™d wager that Itaā€™s lockouts were probably almost all centered around trying to predict lights and instead getting some other strength or delayed linker/double. Itā€™s a solid tactic thatā€™s pretty difficult to counter if someoneā€™s good about randomizing when they use what. In terms of counters himself, many (most?) good players tend to prefer to avoid counter breakers if they can help it. And itā€™s not like Vlad was breaking him terribly successfully from what i could see, so why take that chance?

Awesome match, so this was pre-patch as in prior to 3.4? Also, was the whole ā€œLook at all that zoningā€ like a sarcastic thing about how Glacius has a decent amount of rushdown? Sorry if I completely misunderstood, Iā€™m a lifelong KI fan, but still new to the game.

Heya Geek, Iā€™ll be on all night tonight if you want to play, msg me whenever. I want that Aganos runback & this time Iā€™m gonna win a round! :slight_smile:

What have I done? O_o

Concerning the match:
Honestly, I wasnā€™t expecting to win, every time I see that Iā€™m facing ITA, I immediately think ā€œIā€™m screwedā€. I only posted this because I have never defeated ITA Master and this just might be the only time ever, who knows. This is the first time I fight him with glacius [I usually fight him with jago] and it turned out well. This to me is a humble victory, as I understand that it might not happen again.

Concerning the posts:
I canā€™t tell if @GalacticGeek is trolling or if he means it but regardless, all I can say is that I just wanted to share this because itā€™s rare for me to beat someone as good as ITA Master.

Thanks to everyone with positive feedback, it made my day way better as Iā€™ve been going through tough times. Good games! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

The sarcasm is because heā€™s supposed to be the zoner, but heā€™s really not. In fact, if you watch the match above, when Vlad tried to establish his zoning, thatā€™s when ITA Master blew through it and dealt his big damage.

[quote=ā€œVladKravich, post:73, topic:15148ā€]
Concerning the posts:I canā€™t tell if @GalacticGeek is trolling or if he means it but regardless, all I can say is that I just wanted to share this because itā€™s rare for me to beat someone as good as ITA Master.
[/quote]Not trolling. :wink:

I do sincerely and hereby apologize for derailing your thread so much, Vlad. I am truly sorry and do regret my actions. :sweat:

Want to have a set so I can make it up to you!? :grin:

[quote=ā€œZcythe, post:74, topic:15148, full:trueā€]
The sarcasm is because heā€™s supposed to be the zoner, but heā€™s really not. In fact, if you watch the match above, when Vlad tried to establish his zoning, thatā€™s when ITA Master blew through it and dealt his big damage.
[/quote]I do find it interesting that Glacius, who is supposed to be a zoner, can actually do quite well up-close, under the right circumstancesā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s just a comic character, what if he bled on purpose? I mean he could have done that to boost Batmanā€™s confidence in his fighting abilities. He is superman afterall. If his body can deflect bullets, he is super fast, there is nothing Batman could do or have to make Superman bleed. Any scenario can be made good or bad if you take it from another perspective.

Iā€™m gonna say it: congrats Vlad : D

1 Like

Funnily enough, ITA Master just won the TDB tournament a few days ago.

4 Likes

Meh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ita master411 i wonder how he got all those starts he must have played alot

2 Likes

i played ITA MASTER 411 today and won nothing special he is quite fun to play he is a challenge to win against

1 Like

You should upload that video.