The AI in Shadow Lords can be frustrating for a mediocre player

I watched your video from the other thread. I think you can do it. But perhaps some tips from other users can help.

My first recommendation is to be a little bit more patient vs Gargos, especially when he has minions out. Block his attacks and wait for an opening. Sometimes its worth getting hit if you can knock out a minion too.

Be sure to bring artifacts and consumables into that fight. The ones that do 25% damage and 25% decrease in opponent damage are super good.

Certain quest chains can also give you very powerful items that are quite useful against Gargos.

The Snake Guardian is also a very good choice versus him. I actually like the Ram since I can avoid alot of his craziness with it.

1 Like

Not to be a salty dude but honestly sometimes in the KI community it feels like the good players really donā€™t care what the lower class thinks, so its no surprise that the elite percentile managed to get the entire mode buffed up so many degrees in difficulty.

The difficulty felt great in the pre-release build. Normal was easy as it should be, challenging was challenging and godlike was difficult but still felt manageable with hard work and the right items. As it is now with my perfect killer guardians, epic consumables & relics and my main characters I still got wrecked against gargos with all of his buffs removed, ON NORMAL. Kinda sickening, almost put a controller through my new TV.

Oh I did, I had the best stuff I owned along with two perfect killer guardians. Still got bodied on normal.

I had a perfect killer snake. :cry:

Well actually everyoneā€™s just in it for themselves. Yourself first everyone else second. Thatā€™s how itā€™s always been. Might change one day.

Honestly, so far it feels like normal Gargos would have been fine if they just fixed the instinct sweep abuse.

Cranking up the difficulty so much and locking the stage behind challenging now will not sit well with a lot of players, I predict.

Totally agreed, the jump wasnā€™t warranted.

So yeah I just want to say that all of my posts this evening have been served with a very heavy serving of salt.

Not only did I get completely destroyed in SL by gargos on easy mode, he glitched out and wrecked me too. So yeah all of what Iā€™m saying is kinda sassy so Iā€™m sorry but there is obviously and insane spike in difficulty going on here, so Iā€™m pretty salty and frustrated right now.

I can understand more difficult AI on Higher Settings with higher tiers of bad guys. Thatā€™s the way the end of a high difficulty run is supposed to be.

Medium Mission enemies on Normal difficulty using one chance breaks, manuals, frame perfect punishes, instinct canceling auto-doubles, Shadow Countering normals, and recapturing or anti-airing 90% of jump insā€¦ on Day 4?
New players are going to need a lot more than Combo Assist and a Guardian pack to get through this mode alive.

and whats worse is ā€œnormalā€ AKA hard mode has the worst rewards so you need to grind three times as much to get loot thatā€™ll help you stand a fraction of a chance.

Wait the stage is now locked behind challenging, and on top of it all thereā€™s this inhumane Gargos for lower difficulties? Dahell.

Iā€™m sorry but this just doesnā€™t sit well with me at all.

1 Like

Yup. Thatā€™s right.

Its kinda funny, at the time of posting this thread I was playing on challenging and having a good time in early access. Now normal is harder than challenging was.

1 Like

When SL hit I was in the middle of a game from the preview on medium, and I figured, ehā€¦why not? I just went ahead and let the days run out. I had beaten one omen. But I gotta sayā€¦WTF? Seriously WTF? How was he so damn hardā€¦on medium!!! I mean yes he had buffs, but when someone at my skill level (not saying Iā€™m just the sh*t or anything, but a decent Killer for sure) canā€™t put a dent into him buffs or no buffs on mediumā€¦thereā€™s a problem.

Man, I pity noobsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah we scrubs got it hard. :\

& it was sad, tooā€¦heā€™d hit me like 3 times & my whole life barā€¦just vanished. So like 6 normals or less on each characterā€¦dead. I still canā€™t figure out how the f*** he did it. AND I MAIN GARGOS!!!

You were unprepared it seems.

I had killer guardians (snake & ram) and everyone had wolf hearts equipped, and a full dose of all 3 kinds of nanobots. Who I was playing as Iā€™m not the best at (Tusk, Rash, & Kan-ra), but I can do some significant damage with each. But he stomped me so hard and so fastā€¦ I donā€™t know what to say. He got a triple perfect. Itā€™sā€¦just wrong.

1 Like

Sounds like fun. Canā€™t wait to beat him on godlike with all buffs. Iā€™m gonaā€¦sing him a song.

I have a feeling that song will go something like this:

Iā€™m sure someone at IG has a menacing grin on their face, rubbing their hands together saying ā€œWe told you it wasnā€™t going to be easyā€.

Well itā€™s not supposed to be easy, even on ā€œnormalā€ mode. This mode is supposed to take you many tries. You are encouraged to experiment with buffs, guardians, new teams etc to find the best gameplan to beat gargos. Even if you remove all of Gargosā€™ buffs, heā€™s not going to be free.