Terror pack?

same here only I’d apologize to Mira : p

it’s likely this is just addtional DLC content not related to the definitive edition or season3.

1 Like

@BoJima404 @JEFFRON27 I play all 3 characters, and I love all 3 skins, so it’s 100% worth it for me!

Now Kilgore, that’s another story. I love him so much. Cannot wait to see his terror skin. I have been keeping delaying Gargos from appearing just to continue fighting mimics with Kilgore.

1 Like

Not sure if your referring to the gold packs or the terror packs.

But for the gold packs you get them for free if you have the definitive edition.

They get unlocked for free one you use your Gold Gargos code.

If you’re referring to the terror pack, no clue yet.

They do look good but I’m still disappointed that they’re pretty much just color 9 alts.

1 Like

Good job on the marketing team for making them sound as exciting as new skins even though they are just more colors. The first post on the twitter reply is some dude going nuts over new skins lol.

1 Like

Skins should be there now

Fulgore would have looked better without the black part. The blue is nice but the black? Sgh…

So are the terror skins purchasable with KI Gold also, or do you have to shell out additional “real” money?

Only real money, baby.

Meh…that’s unfortunate. Kind of annoying when you already pay real money to get KI gold, and then you can’t buy things with it. :slight_frown:

Ah well. No terror skins for me then I guess.

1 Like

open a patreon or something. I’ll give you $5 to buy the damn things, on Friday. I just bought a new car so I’m a little tight for cash until I get my paycheck.

Only the 2nd pack.
The first and all the others will require you to spend real, juicy, money; not even KI coins which btw required themselves real, juicy, money.
Regarding the terror skins…they’re just color 9 with a different palette for the most part (maybe a different face texture for Mira, that’s all) perhaps I could consider a Glacius skin .

I’m kinda pissed about that.

I have been saving all of my KI gold for REAL content, not fluff like boosters and unlocking items that I can otherwise unlock in-game for free. Now we get real content and my money isn’t worth money? What’s the point of having in-game currency you can buy if you can’t use it to buy the premium items in-game that you want? :\

4 Likes

Someone should tag the ms side and ask. If you can do it with the mimics and shadows I don’t see why not.

Edit: would it be because they’re giving ki gold away now as daily incentives? That way they’d get less money for them. Tis a fine line between looking after customers and not getting paid

Haha. I appreciate the generous offer, but it’s not about the $5. I find the pricing method a little scummy (not the word I really want to use, but can’t think of another :confused:), so I simply won’t buy it.

Not mad or anything, and not going to harass the devs and board about it. But I do have a fundamental problem with them having us buy in-game currency, and then not letting us use that currency to buy things that do have some equivalent price in that currency. I think that’s a bad business practice, and I personally just won’t support it.

7 Likes

+1 Storm.

I bought the Ultra edition for every season. Not about to be nickle and dimed. It’s not about the money, it’s about respect for your playerbase.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is kind of a catch 22 for them though. Fans have been begging them for more costumes, more skins, more colors, etc. Making these items, regardless of whether you like them or not or see the value, etc obviously costs time and money, so the question becomes how much do you give away for free, how much do you charge in game currency for (which can also be considered somewhat “free” at this point given that KI gold is one of the daily rewards) and how much do you gate items off from that currency to make sure that you’re actually getting compensated?

None of this is rhetorical, by the way. I’m not in any way trying to insinuate that you guys are wrong for having those opinions or anything like that. I’m just curious what you think would be fair to both the developer, who needs to be compensated for their work and to the fans, who don’t want to feel like they’re getting ripped off.

I would have bought them but I invested my xmas money in all 5 ultimate source figures during the sale.
I really like the terror skins and gold skins, but I will wait until maybe they have a sale or something like that before buying.
They are a little expensive at the moment I feel - but I am sure they will have some specials eventually

I’ve purchased the ultra version of all three seasons, and I put in on the Shadow Jago fund even though I never had any intention of playing the character. I’m more than happy to pay money to support the game. But KI Gold is real money (and the devs have pushed this concept since its introduction), so the idea that I cannot spend it to buy things in-game rubs me the wrong way. I’ve already paid to be able to buy nonsense extras, so it bugs me that they would now artificially gate certain kinds of content and say “well, your KI gold isn’t really money”, when yeah, by virtue of what I paid for it and how it was billed, it kinda is.

To be clear, I have no issue with microtransactions or the concept behind them. I paid KI gold for both of Sako’s bonus sets, and I paid KI gold for a starter pack of guardians. If I’d perchance spent all my KI Gold on other things, I’d have no issue buying more of it with which to purchase Terror and Gold skins. But forcing me to buy those same skins with real money and saying that whatever gold I have (that again, I paid real money for) is useless? I flat-out don’t agree with that business model, and I won’t support it.

9 Likes