Tekken 7

Played for a tiny bit last night, after work. I was really expecting this to look a whole lot better than it does. This doesn’t look anything like the arcade footage I’ve been seeing.

what system are you on? Arcades are Win10 machines.

Ewww it seems the characters all have the same customization accessories kinda lame I think.
Not purchasing this but I love master raven

Funny how the women get skimpy bathing suits and men get gi pants

Xbox one.

Is it worth it to get? I’m not sure I want to buy it if it isn’t as good as it seems.

But the most important question is: HOW IS THE NETCODE???!

2 Likes

According to Maximilian, the matchmaking is balls (going off of last night’s stream), but the netcode feels smooth.

I’m not sure he can be real about exposing flaws in any fighting game unless they truly are dumpster fires. He’s all about positivity.

The game is fine. If you’re not a huge graphics ■■■■■, like me, you’ll be fine. It looks last gen to me.

Anyone who was planning on getting the XB1 version. Note that it is 720p, has crushed blacks, and 40 second load times…

Absolutely unacceptable. I’ll be sticking with Injustice 2 it seems. lol

1 Like

Got a digital refund earlier. I normally don’t really care about the xb1 falling short, but 720p, plus highly reduced ambient occlusion, and no depth of field. It almost looked like a generation behind. I have a PS4, but that’s for exclusives only.

Yesssss for REFUND

Bruh! How can you say ew to that? THEY HAVE SKULL FACE PAINT!!!

2 Likes

loads times on XB1 are brutal, and there’s not as many single player modes as i’d like, but the game itself is amazing. can’t understate this enough, in terms of actual play T7 is the best, everything feels nice, the small tweaks to the animation do a wonder. graphics are great also, i don’t really see the complaints that other people are apparently making. looks miles ahead of pretty much every other fighting game even on XB1 (probably a fight between T7 and Injustice 2). a few goofy things could stand to be fixed with patching, and chances are that’s probably what’s gonna happen since that’s how the industry works now. which is fine, i guess i can’t really blame them, and it’s not like they launched the game with as many bugs on launch as, say, Street Fighter V did. and it has more characters with bigger movesets, and every character feels enhanced instead of arbitrarily changed. would love it if they patched a team battle mode like the OG tekken games but that also sounds like a lot of loading, lol.

tl;dr it’s good. load times are long on xb1. (although KI has some reaaaaaaaaally long loading sometimes too.)
smoke a bowl or text a friend inbetween matches and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I think MKX and Injustice 2, look a lot better.

So is Leo a dude or a chick?

Yes.

Lol. Leo is woman.

Leo is 100% Girl. Looks Androgynous on purpose.

1 Like

Was confirmed at a TTT2 event in Germany that Leo was a girl by Harada himself. However, they still insist on making Leo really ambiguous. In Leo’s character episode, they use male pronouns. But in Yoshimitsu’s episode (Leo’s rival in his/her character episode), he says “What a beautiful opponent”, then after you beat Leo with Yoshi, he refers to Leo with male pronouns.

2 Likes