Survey Says: The Return of the Textual Stream!

What was your question?

I was going to ask if there was going to be support or tools regarding UWP for Mods and if so a manager for xbox one if possible sometime after shadow lords mode? Adam said at one point in time in the mods for ki thread (which was moved to artwork and video) that it was something to look forward to but not at the moment. (which was understandable). Its something people wondered every since the announcement of KI for PC.

1 Like

Just a few more things I’d like to point out that made me smile (that I’m sure someone already posted about by now, but I’m gonna keep talking anyway):

-The answer to the possibility of Shadow Jago accessories. “I hope so.” This leaves me quite optimistic! It’d be nice to see something besides the same ol’ Shago kicking around!

-Over 100 unlockables in Shadow Lords, including skins (SQUEE! :heart: ) dossiers, artifacts, guardians, and consumables! SO MANY GOODIES!

-Character Dialogue in Shadow Lords! While this wasn’t high on my own personal list, I know it will be pleasing to a lot of folks!

-Early Shadow Lords potentially coming soon! Devs say they’re collecting names of people who are willing to participate, and given the amount of time I’ve played this game Single Player vs how little I do multiplayer, I certainly hope I’m on that list! Fingers and toes crossed!

-I know this may be kidna obvious, but lots pointing towards future support for this game! Including possible community funds! Yay!

A lot of the other stuff I’ll leave for other people to post about. In the mean time, I’m really happy to have the Text Stream back! Keep it up, I love reading this sort of thing. News and factoids for KI after such a long drought feels so nice~

3 Likes

Hey Demonicsouth, got it - yeah, it’s crazy what players can do with mods. and as devs we think it’s pretty amazing to see. But modding, support for mods, etc, that’s something we need more time to think about. Thanks for supporting us dude.

1 Like

Naw, SL = Shadow Lords in my mind fo’ ever.

We’re still trying to work out the cadence, but Textual Streams are definitely back.

5 Likes

What I wanna know is do all characters have unlockable skins in SL mode?

Or are the Gargos aligned characters exempt. >__<

1 Like

I dunno. Over 100 is a little vague and seems on the low side considering there’s 26 characters (23 without the guests). I hope the replayability has the possibility of future unlocks being added.

I’m guessing the majority of those are in-game SL items. Consumables, Guardians and Artifacts certainly are. The only things that you can use outside of the mode that I’m seeing are the skins and the Astral plane stage.

Early access? Sign me up! I would be more than willing to be a labrat for the new SL mode…you know…for science.

2 Likes

Does the training mode ever get fixed or improved?

1 Like

Yeah, I know. They kept responding with “S3 is finished.” But Shago wasn’t considered S1, nor was Omen considered S2, right?

Sometimes the vaguery in those responses was a little bummersome.

We should start responding to their questions like they respond to ours.

IG: “Which character is the most fun to play?”

Us: “They’re all fun in their own way.”

IG: “Are you guys interested in playing after S3 if we add new characters?”

Us: “We’re hopeful.”

IG: “How did many of you decide to pick Jago as your main?”

Us: “He’s just awesome!”

IG: “What do you guys think of the new Shadow Lords mode?”

Us: “It’s a great idea when you read about it.”

4 Likes

Yeah, all they said about the bonus character is “S3 is finished.” A bonus character could still totally be in the works.

In fact, probably so, because they didn’t explicitly deconfirm it.

Well except for season 2 when they in fact showed nine silhouettes in the trailer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok. Great. Now one question. When we say a new skin, do we mean that we have two skins right now (normal and retro) and it will be a third one (mimic) ? Or will it be an extra option to the normal skin?

I think they’re just colors.

I’m really looking forward to Shadow Lords, been playing a lot of roquelikes and loving the idea of elements in SL, also the similarities to x-com looks really nice. And since I’m a 90% offline player it will be right up my alley.

I’m sure I expressed my excitement for the mode in other posts, but since I’m not a big poster, I’d just like to just once more say just how much I’m LOOKING FORWARD TO SL.

…I also just happen to be off from work till early september, so I will have plenty of time for…whatever… :wink:

…too obvious? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aw none of my questions got answered…and apparently nobody else asked about the S3 soundtrack, since it was not even mentioned in the textual stream :frowning:

Oh well, it was a somewhat reassuring read, regarding the future in KI in particular! I especially enjoyed this part: "The future is what you make it! If I were to tell you there was a master plan, I would be lying. We’re in the business of making stuff people play. If you play, then it’s more likely for us to keep making it. It really is that simple."
Let me say this then: I’M PLAYING GUYS! Oh and most importantly, I’M PLAYING ON THIS CURRENT SYSTEM, XBOX ONE! You know, just to make things clear :wink:

1 Like

I really, really, really, really, reeeeeaaaalllly hope there are mimic skins for my main men Eyedol and Shago. >.>

Thanks for the reply!

I’m really hyped about Shadow Lords, if there is an option of trying it sooner, count me in!