Sub-Zero vs Glacius death battle

That’s why I’ve been asking for this battle for the longest, win or lose KI is still getting some attention.

1 Like

Definitely have a point there

1 Like

Must be younger reactors (or PS4 only players)…anyone old enough to be around when the N64 launched or earlier would know who he is.
Nintendo had the KI hype train running full throttle back then. Hell, you couldn’t get an N64 without a little KI artwork on it…I think it was just Fulgore, but still…

2 Likes

Some people don’t even know KI has had a new game yet :laughing:

1 Like

At the end of the day, I think Sub-Zero would win. Not because of skills, but because how his powers work. Sub-Zero can control ice. He absorbs the moisture in the air and then uses the mystical arts to freeze it.

Glacius’ armor is made of ice. I think Sub-Zero would just absorb it and strip Glacius of all his resources.

1 Like

Interesting, I was under the impression that he conjures ice to manipulate for his own purposes, not manipulate ice that’s already there or the moisture in the air.

1 Like

If you watch his animation for his ice ball you can actually see him drawing the moisture out of the air.

1 Like

Well, the more you know right?

1 Like

The thing is glacius is a special kind of psychic that controls the very molecules in his surroundings to create his shell. When he crash landed onto earth his shell cracked and he chose ice to make his shell.

It’s a garra vs toph kind of fight that depends on the strength of the individual characters manipulating powers. And like garra I think glacius is much better at it since it’s at the molecular level unlike sub zero surface level moisture

1 Like

It really comes down to if Glacius’ alien tech can beat mystical interdimensional powers. If Glacius is able to maintain control of the ice around him, he might stand a chance, but if Sub-Zero is able to gain the control of the ice within him, then the battle would be over before it starts.

I remember when Epic Death Battle pitted Shao Khan versus M. Bison. Even though both villains are crazily powerful, Shao Khan would easily destroy M. Bison. M. Bison uses his corrupted soul to deal damage, but Khan devours souls. It was a pretty funny episode as M. Bison tried to use his Psycho Power and got immediately absorbed.

Glacius can liquify himself at will. I think his control over the elements might be a little stronger than sub zero.

Surprisingly so can sub-zero (apparently)

Since when can subzero turn himself into water/control water???

I think Subzero can only freeze himself

He turns into ice and teleports with it. Not sure how the physics of that work, but that’s all he’s been shown to do.

Indeed. Glacius can turn himself into liquid and ice. There are two ways that this can go.

1: Glacius wins due to his adaptability to ice including Sub-Zero’s powers over ice
2: Sub-Zero wins because he has mastery over ice. Despite Glacius’s adaptability

It could go either way and I will still enjoy it.

Told ya

…looks like short ranged ice teleporting to me…I don’t see much liquid there.

Edit: you can even see shards of ice popping and cracking upwards as he falls

Quick question due to glacius intro can he fly/levitate? And how high/fast. That would be a great mobility advantage

Yea I agree wiith @HailFireSpawn that is ice.

I believe his flying is based on psychic abilities which, in this case, would have to be related to how hard he could psychically throw his hail, or how slow his back dash is. This would mean that it’s not for combat purposes, and simply a means to get around outside of combat.