Sub-Zero vs Glacius death battle

What do you guys think? Just saw their most recent DB and this is next

3 Likes

Glacius

1 Like

I don’t know. I think it could go either way.

1 Like

Glacius is pretty much made of ice and can morph and can have practically any weapon, but from a story perspective hasn’t achieved many great feats

Sub-zero’s Ice powers powers are more limited but he has got a great track record

However i think Sub-zero would win because he has the Dragon Medallion

1 Like

Glacius wins in practicality and utility, but Subzero has much more experience and fought stronger foes. Honestly, I think Subzero takes this one based on his combat experience and understanding of adaptation to difficult situations.

Lore-wise, “Raiden has commented that Sub-Zero is more powerful than his brother, has defeated both Kintaro and Goro as Cyber Sub-Zero in MK9.”

Really a split here. Do you take utility or experience? I say experience usually wins most situations.

4 Likes

Does cyber sub zero victory count? I thought they were either different sub zero or alternate timeline version of the main sub zero

1 Like

I would consider it canon now that the story doesn’t have multiple endings like a traditional Arcade mode which can skew the border of canon and “what-if” scenarios. Though, if we are going by canon, namely MK9 & X, we would only matchup the current version of Kuai Liang.

1 Like

Interesting. I hope this DB is exciting.

1 Like

Link, please?

1 Like

It’s at the end of the video https://youtu.be/lCzUMUbTKes

2 Likes

Glacius is made of ice so Sub-zero’s main offensive ability is rendered useless. Glacius uses ice as weapons but doesn’t rely on freezing his opponents, basically Glacius has a built in immunity to whatever Sub-zero can throw at him.

1 Like

Maybe the dragon medallion can give sub zero an advantage?

1 Like

Can’t he also attune his shell to any element, I’m pretty sure I saw that in his extended backstory.

1 Like

Yes he can.

1 Like

My biggest issue with this (and this Death Battle) is that a ton of Glacius’ past is super nebulous, and hasn’t really been elaborated on. At this point we don’t know what sort of stuff he was wrapped up in while working as a galactic marshal, how much of that came to conflict, what sort of foes he fought, or how long he has served with the Alliance. My guess is that he probably has a lot more experience than we’ve seen, and has probably tackled a bunch of different opponents if he works with a galactic conglomerate.

I would reckon that in addition to his likely experience he’s quite adaptable and resourceful, too–the ability to shift your body into whatever weapon or tool best fits a situation requires quite a lot of that, no? And the new S3 version of Glacius says this about him:
"This gives their species an ability to adapt to environments easily and turn local resources from any planet into native forms of defense and attack, allowing them to move from planet to planet, and thus always with a means of besting their quarry."
So offensively and defensively, I would say adaptability is one of his strong suits.

And finally, don’t write off the foes that we have seen him fight! Standing against a demonic invasion on a planetary scale is no small thing, that. ;]

In summary I think you’re downplaying our icy alien quite a bit. On the flipside I admittedly don’t know much about Sub-Zero, so I can’t say how all of this would stack up, but I don’t feel like you’re paying Glacius’ talents their due!

4 Likes

2013 KI voids much of the last installments including the comic, though it does borrow some material.

That said, what we do see or read is what it taken into account, that’s the purpose of a Death Battle, to evaluate each combatant while minimizing on speculation. As much as I’ve read in Shadow Lords and gone through, Glacius doesn’t have many feats. Not to say he doesn’t nor to say he is weak by any means. I already acknowledge that his tools are much better than Subzero’s. Though similar, Glacius relies on his alien-like survival experiences where he can quickly use moisture and equip it as thick plated armor.

Though, like I said, experience counts here. Subzero has bested Sektor, Kintaro, and Goro, excelled his once older brother and attained the level of grandmaster. Moreover he possesses the dragon medallion. Glacius like most of the cast are still growing so in their current form they aren’t very much equal to most characters with fully fleshed backstories.

But, knowing Death Battle they will tap into past KIs so it really comes down to experience here and how much a character can adapt in certain situations. I feel that regardless of strength, someone with experience and focus can overcome, which is usually the plotline of all fighters.

Part of the argument here stems from favoritism, no doubt that in the heart of KI, we want our mains and favorites to win. But looking outside, I’d say Sub is a much more trained combatant.

2 Likes

The thing is, which Sub-Zero? Bi-Han or Kuai Liang?

1 Like

I ahve waited for this battle.

My 2nd favorites will be dunking it out.

1 Like

You know I just realized that Sub and Glay Glay have something else in common: I don’t think either of them is the original person/entity they were in the first game. I know the original Sub Zero dies in a few of the MK games, and the identity of Glacius has changed in every game

2 Likes

Most likely Kuai Liang

1 Like