Sub-Zero vs Glacius death battle

… I don’t think you understood at all what I said, which is that I take issue with this particular battle because we simply don’t know whether or not he has many feats. Like I said, Glacius’ past is… basically a blank slate at this point. To say he doesn’t have any accomplishments, or worse that he doesn’t have experience, just because the writers are still building the characters seems a little… short-sighted to me. It’s just way too much assumption-based reasoning for my tastes.

You also seem to think that Glacius’ advantages here come from just his strength and his toolset, but we’ve seen plenty of instances where he displays adaptability, focus, and cunning as well. The last chapter of the Novella stands out, where he avoids ARIA’s detection, infiltrates her headquarters and lurks there for who knows how long, then manages to best her and slip away before she can even properly react.

This isn’t about favoritism, like I said I don’t know much about Sub-Zero’s accomplishments so if they can come up with reasoning for him managing to walk away with the victor from this one then whatever. I simply don’t believe you’re making a proper assessment of one of the combatants… but then the main issue here is that it is very hard to do so when we know so little about Glacius compared to Sub-Zero. That’s why I’m sort of scratching my head at this Death Battle… and that’s not even getting into all the different versions of the character that exist at this point. :Ua

1 Like

One thing I might point out, the scr3w-attack guys are blatantly biased towards KI, and so far the other 2 KI members that have been on Death Battle won hands down, even with only what little story they have. I think the way KI has been designed story-wise it makes an issue similar to the Superman v Goku fight where Superman was simply written to overcome all obstacles. And while the KI cast isn’t nearly as crazy OP as Supes, they certainly have been compared to other fighting game characters.

If nothing else I say his stealth factor will make Glacius win. Being able to sneak into Ultratech’s HQ and swipe Eagle right out from under all of their noses, particularly Aria, I could see the last blow being Glay melting into a puddle then sneaking up behind Sub-zero grabbing him, and forcing ice spikes through him.

2 Likes

I think that, it is okay to use the stuff from the klassic mortal kombat games and the stuff from pre-2013 KI. Because both combatants have resources that are equally non-cannon. Plus, if we were limited only to stuff in MK9/X and KI 2013, then it would be a little boring to watch. They did the same thing with Fulgore vs. Sektor. Granted, at that time the canonical of the original material was a little more up in the air. But I think it can still apply here. Death Battle always says in their podcasts, that there are two rules for non-cannon sources. 1. It has to be supported by their other feats (I.E. No Bane being strong enough to hold back Doomsday in the Injustice comics). and 2. Non-Cannon material has to be allowed for the other combatant as well (I.E. Dragonball and DC Comics movies/tv shows are allowed because both characters have them).

1 Like

Sub-Zero:

A cryomancer and leader of the Lin Kuei

Pros:
.Extremely skilled and wise martial artist
.Stronger than his brother Bi-Han (Noob Saibot)
.Has the Dragon Medallion (Greatly enhances his abilities to near omnipitent levels)
.Defeated Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion, Cassie and her team Reptile, Ermac, Goro, Kintaro, Frost and Noob Saibot
.A vast array of ice weapons and abilities (e.g. ice clone, ice swords, ice hammer)

Cons:
. Has never won any of the Mortal Kombat tournaments
. Defeated by Scorpion, Sindel (Cyber), Noob/Smoke, Johnny cage (as a revenant) and Sonya (as a revenant)
. Still ages

Glacius:

An extraterrestrial Alien who scouts the galaxy to retrieve technologies which the human race is not deemed ready to peruse (New timeline)
.An alien captured by Ultratech to compete in the Killer instinct tornament (Old timeline)

Pros:
.Glacius’ race are powerful telepathic beings that can adapt to any environment which creates shell of some sorts around glacius
.Can manipulate any sort of ice weapon and his own body
.Defeats Sadira, Sabrewulf (KI2) and Cinder (KI1)
.He is an extremely intelligent creature
.Has faced many other extraterrestrial beings and creatures so has some form of combat experience
.His instinct grants him additional armour

Cons:
. If his shell is destroyed transition to a new shell takes some time and he is extremely vulnerable without it
. Very slow movement speed
. Has also never won any of the Killer Instinct tournaments (but mostly by choice)
. Defeated by Cinder (KI3), Kan-ra and ARIA

1 Like

Chad James loves him some KI so Im assuming I know who’ll win

1 Like

Might be looking at the 1st draw in DB history.I can see them finally saying “hell with this,lets go get some ice cream”

1 Like

Didn’t they already do that with Deadpool and Pinkie Pie?

2 Likes

There’s been 3 actually. Riptor lost horribly to Yoshi

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Well still, Orchid and Fulgore are keeping KI’ s w/l record in the positive. :relaxed::+1:

Edit: I just went back and watched that one and it honestly seemed like a biased win for Yoshi. I mean it ended with Yoshi grabbing Riptor’s projectile, turning it into an egg, throwing it in Riptor’s eyes (which raises the question would Riptor’s own acid spit be able to blind her?) and then putting her in an egg which drops off a confidently placed pit. So yeah, it’s really hard to see that as a clear-cut victory.

1 Like

I’d say Sub-Zero would win. He has cryomancy powers from birth (I think), whereas KI2013 Glacius is not ice creature, he just crash landed in North Pole and took most optimal form to survive.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s encountered ice before in his travels or would have to have been trained using the basic elements while becoming an intergalactic space cop though.

1 Like

K12 shouldn’t count because it was a different glacius. It would be like applying Bi-Han’s feats to Kuai Liang

1 Like

It probably shouldn’t but in Death Battle they take all instances of a character into consideration, so yeah, if there are any notable weaknesses or strengths KI2’s Glacius has that KI1 or 3’s versions don’t, they will factor those in as well.

1 Like

Well they made fulgore have the abilities of the MK1, MK2 and MK3 units despite them being different

1 Like

Well for fulgore MK.3 aside from the transformations and the reflector shield he’s roughly the same as the original but with a giant laser to compensate. Same with glacius, his looks may be different but overall he’s the same but with newer abilities.

1 Like

He no longer has that in mkx and they go with the more recent versions usually

1 Like

Her’es hoping Glaciers Wins honestly

1 Like

I was waiting for this fight to take place.

Well, this is the same show that applied all of the abilities of every Godzilla into one for the death battle. Even though Godzilla that lunched himself at Hedorah is not the same as the Godzilla that Fought Destroyah.

1 Like

I like Glacius tons more and overall thinks he’s a much better character both in design and gameplay…
But I’m pretty sure Sub-Zero is going to win this one. Screwattack has surprised me before though.

1 Like

Considering they take all instances of a character into consideration, I do have to point one thing out:

Sub-zero got beat by Liu Kang simply throwing a bucket of water at him.

2 Likes