Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Seriously wish they had done more with KI. People would be willing to spend money on this stuff. But MS just didn’t want to make it.

It’s tough, because we don’t know what they are looking at to make the decision. I think throughout the course of KI’s development (certainly during the initial release) there was a lot of carping about dlc and costume extras. Since Xbox had a PR problem they may well have been right to avoid that stuff. As it is, look at how much complaining was generated by the classic costumes…

The other issue was that I just don’t think the Helix engine and the basic design structure of the game was very conducive to adding that kind of content. I could be wrong, but IG was very capable of designing entirely new characters so it seems unlikely they just “couldn’t” make new skins and costumes for existing ones. It might not have been worth the effort.

Having said all that, I think it’s pretty clear that if they launch a new KI, it should be on a platform capable of delivering that sort of content for the people that want it.

This. ^

I’m fairly certain Adam Heart addressed the DLC issue in his interview with Max during Max’s BringBackKI stream. It wasn’t developer laziness or MS being unwilling to shell out the money for the devs to get this done or a lack of willingness on anyone’s part. The engine was simply too difficult to work with in this regard. According to everything I’ve ever heard talk about this that worked on the game, it was a “couldn’t” issue, not a wouldn’t or simply didn’t issue.

It’s tough to imagine a scenario right now where players would very openly clamor for something and the developer or publisher would just say “no, we don’t want your money.”

Like Andy, I’m really hoping that if they launch a new KI on Scarlett, it’ll have the foundation in place to be able to give players all that they’re looking for and then some and then some more after that and so on.

I mean, think of all the stuff fans were wanting throughout the three seasons. More colors, more outfits, more accessories, more stages, more stage variations, like Jago’s stage versus Shadow Jago and Omen’s stage, etc. I still remember people putting out mocked up images of existing stages and recoloring them so it could be Mira’s stage or Eyedol’s, etc. I want to say Adam Isgreen even posted a concept picture of an ice cave stage that could’ve been Mira’s.

I think they had a lot of intentions with this game and as the roster grew, they tried a LOT of new things, from Shadowlords to Shadow Lab, to multiple ways of telling the main story and stories for each character. I think this whole game was rather experimental in that regard and some things came out really well and some things almost assuredly couldn’t be explored as much as they would’ve liked.

Hopefully for MS and whoever might work on a sequel, it was a grouping of several quality lessons on what to do and what not to do and they can take those lessons learned in to a (hopeful) future game and really come out with something that improves upon what fans loved while also changing and experimenting more with what might not have worked as well.

On a side note, maaaaaaan I really want KI4 announced at Gamescom. I know it won’t. I’m 99.99999% certain it won’t be announced. But there’s still that .00001% of my brain that’s holding that candle of hope in the storm of logic and reason lol. Perhaps a bit melodramatic, but you get the idea. :joy:

Dilemma of the day:
I want Asura’s costume but I don’t want to play Kage

Dilemma of the month:
I want to play SFV on PS4 but I don’t want to buy it again since I already own the Steam version :laughing:

2 Likes

Street Fighter announcement: Champion Edition

1 Like

Max was asking if this Campion Edition is “like definitive definitive”…

well, in the Champion Edition trailer, which I did not post, it reads in very small print: “fighting chance, pro tour and collaboration costumes not included…”

upgrade kit available now…Gill to be released over time as well as the V Skills 2

Figured.

Either way, I’m still surprised the game is getting more content of any kind. And considering the 40th character will probably be the last one considering we’re close to the beginning of next gen… let’s just hope it has a bit of a grand finale.

2 Likes

Already Pre purchased the Upgrade kit on Steam. It unlocks pretty much everything, except what is stated above. Pro Tour stages are not included as well. So great purchase for all stages, Costumes and characters.

Playing Lucia on a hidey account on steam :smiling_imp:

1 Like

How is the Steam online performance? I have the game but never went online except once in four years. I will likely upgrade as I never bought anything except season 2 characters so it’s a good deal for me …

It’s roughly the same, PC is a bit smoother. I guess you could compare it to KI, it runs a bit better on PC. Only thing is, we don’t have KI netcode, and my Razer Atrox is STILL unrecognized on PC because driver reasons :sob: Even with a Brook Converter.

1 Like

Thanks

I am interested in Gill but I said the same about Urien and Akuma then never played any SFV at all. Still, I will buy the upgrade and start playing G until Gill arrives.

2 Likes

To be honest, Lucia, Chun-li and G are the reasons why I play. They are so much fun! I need to play G again :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lucia looks fun indeed. I may try her.

How is Kolin?

1 Like

Kolin got buffs the last time I remember. I think they gave her slight QoL changes to reward her capacity to get a hit in Neutral and convert it better. So she’s a bit more better at poking and counter-poking from Neutral.

There are some other changes I think to V-skill and V-Trigger, but if I remember correctly, it was all good things. I think only one move became more negative to punish easier.

1 Like

SF3S will forever be my favorite capcom game in terms of music / bgm.
This mix for SFV is awesome:

You know, I kind of hope that the last character is either a Rival Schools character, or a genuine third party guest character.

1 Like

Me too. I hope it’s that type of surprise.

Interesting that with Gill, they actually are sort of sticking to the current story. Perhaps it’s another character from the same “arc”.

1 Like

not sure what i just saw getting revealed.

Da boss is back!
1 Like

Back and… wooo boy! Let’s just say I really like the new design.