Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I’m really interested in Falke. Her theme is really interesting and smooth.

If I end up liking her, I’ll offically become a Neo-Shadoloo member :joy:

(because Ed is my main currently)

Anyone else notice how the Neo-Shadaloo members’ names sound like “F**k It” when put together? (Falke-Ed)

Reaching.
Ca9tITCj_400x400

3 Likes

wait is that how it’s pronounced i always thought you wouls say her name falk-a

It sounds like they pronounce her name Fall-Key when I’ve heard people say her name.

Yea. I know. :persevere:

That’s how I say it, but the (terrible) joke required a change.

Love these vids. :heart:

The full theme is fantastic. The preview was good, but even THAT didn’t do it justice.
2 Likes

Speaking of Street Fighter… I just placed an order on the Legendary Madcatz Fightpad Pro… because I couldn’t Hori’s Fighting Commander in this Country.

This is my first Dedidcated Fighting Game Peripheral… so uhm… wheres the Fightpad Owner’s Club ?

There is a fight stick thread some where around here…its been dead for a while though. It was basically to show off your fight stick art work.

1 Like

LoL… I would do the exact Opposite… I just wanted a simple black controller and the closest one they had was the one with the Bison Shadoloo branding all over it… if I post anything it will be how I managed to get the art work Off.

Arcade edition is 30% off on ps4 eshop. I’m contemplating gatting it now. Good thing I didnt have a ps4 at the time of the krigibal release. Is the story mode any good, mostly an offline player.
Lots of fighting game deals up to 60%

1 Like

The story mode is only slightly better than Marvel Infinite. And the final couple fights are HARD. I’d just skip it and play the lengthy and meaty arcade mode instead.

It was compelling… but having to switch characters constantly really hurts the experience.

I know this sounds dumb but I would have preferred to watch it rather than play it.

Yeah, Netherrealm and Namco do it right with multiple fights per character, per chapter. Capcom should probably actually play the games they are trying to rip off if they want to get it right.

1 Like

I think Naruto does it the best since the controls are universal across all characters so even if you switch characters every fight its still easy to adapt.

Ofcourse The Naruto games aren’t exactly prime competitive material… so yeah… theres that to consider.

Hehe, nothing wrong with a casual fighting game. The Naruto games are for Naruto fans, after all. Not hardcore competitive fighting gamers.

But yeah, the “problem” with Story Mode in most cases is that you’re just thrown into the battle with a character. There’s no tutorial or anything, not even for the basics…

… Except in the new DBZ fighter. You actually learn to play the game by doing the Story Mode. I kinda wish other fighting games did that.

1 Like

So here’s something I didn’t notice about Street Fighter V until trying out Vega… Street Fighter V has actual level design now… well I guess it would be called Stage design in Fighting Games.

Winning a round in the corner with an attack that knock’s them backward will cause the wall to break in some stages… increasing the entire Stage’s Length… its not on the same level as something like Smash or injustice but when it comes to Capcom you really gotta encourage those baby steps.

As for Vega… it turns out that on the Flamenco Stage and only the Flamenco Stage… Vega has a charge move that allows him to cling to the partition in the Background… shortly after that he can perform the same attacks from his Flying Barcelona… lol… I wonder if that stage is Banned in majors… perhaps TO’s never considered it because nobody plays Vega.

Insta-banned lol

Capcom for some reason has a habit of unintentionally getting their stages banned a few days after being released. That beach stage because of the water, the Rashid plane stage for nausea, and I’m assuming Vega’s SFII stage for that exact reason (his wall-cling was a thing since SFII).

2 Likes

Kanzuki Beach is banned ? :scream:

Why ?

Do the waves cover up the Characters moves ? LoL… how does something like that even slip past in development ?