Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I remember applauding Capcom for trying something different months ago, but the characters still didn’t appeal to me in the end :slight_smile: but hey, I did my part with my 60 bucks!

With Akuma coming back, can I actually start playing this game? I haven’t played anything but Story mode, lol (I guess I have always been a Shooto lover deep within).

1 Like
3 Likes

I think it is pretty cool that Akuma is coming to SFV! But I think the people singing his praises, and looking for him to “save” SFV with casual crowd are over stating his importance.

IMO, there really isn’t any one thing that will make SFV blow up with the casual crowd. For some reason people look at SF4 selling like 8 or 9 million copies as some amazing thing that spells out SF’s dominance in the space, but they forget that that number includes like 5 or 6 versions of the game. Sure there is a strong fan base for SF in general, but for the most part that fan base has been taught to rebuy versions of this game year after year, and if the SFV model doesn’t change, the sales number that they hit will pretty much stay where it is.

Just my 2¢.

I’m excited for akuma because of just how much they will change him. Just like Ryu and Ken the only shoto in sf5 plays differently with different mechanics and playstyle than they had in previous games and each other Im hoping they make akuma break the mold of current charecter design.

I saw the teaser trailer and noticed that akuma seems to have longer hair. There was a big strand coming down almost touching his shoulder which was never there in his other incarnations. Different hairstyle maybe?

Other people have said that the new symbol that appears on his back is different and look more like the symbol of Shin Akuma from capcom vs snk than the regular symbol which makes me wonder if he transforms into that form in v trigger or if he is permanently in that white hair Shin akuma form from that game.

I agree with basically all of this. Akuma’s appeal to casual players dates back to when he was an OP character throwing air fireballs in a game without a dash. Even in SF3 and 4 he is basically Ken/Ryu + some additional moves at casual play levels. Why would you NOT pick Akuma to beat your friends? I understand they are balanced and Akuma wasn’t A tier in SF IV, but you have to be in the intermediate/advanced ranges to understand this. So I think people are confusing lots of casuals picking the shoto they think is the best with lots of casuals “loving” Akuma. I think they are very wrong about that.

As always, I want SFV to do well, even though they haven’t really won me over. I’m annoyed that they are now releasing new characters with a semi season model that will require me to buy more characters after paying full price to get the game and season pass at $20 more. If it bugs me, a huge fighting fan with good cash flow and a home arcade setup, it’s going to drive lots of folks nuts.

If they get casuals to come back to SF it will be with Definitive Edition style release.

Now, where is a new Xbox play anywhere version of Darkstalkers? :wink:

1 Like

Well, I would totally play something like that!

Do they have Golems? Werewolfs? Cyborgs? Two headed cyclops? #notamummy?

2 Likes

Rashid’s stage

I really like the idea, althought I’m sure that NOBODY will choose this on tournaments XD. Feels a bit odd to watch, but looks really fun!

Thats impressive !
I couldve sworn i saw a desert/ sand filled image with city backdrop for rashid last year

Looks like they went above & beyond!
I’d buy that stage

Me personally Id rather have akuma since i prefer the dark, demonic type characters

1 Like

Worst stage by majority standard but by far my favorite level and BGM in the entire game.

1 Like

Yeah, when they said “Fight on a wing of a plane”, I knew that wasn’t going to end well. Immediately thought of @anon39655210, and other friends.

2 Likes

Wonder what those people thought of the Pilotwings stage on Smash Bros.

1 Like

Watch akuma is gona have SF4 Evil ryu’s greasy long hair. But in red this time. :laughing:

Hehe, so far I think it’s one of the coolest stages in the entire game! :smiley:

It doesn’t move fast enough for me to get motion sickness, so I’m happy about that. ^^

1 Like

naughty capcom. Trying to do like KI with the ASTRAL PLANE :expressionless:

Hasn’t the more innovative parts of SFV pretty much been copying KI anyway? I mean V-trigger is pretty much Instinct.

2 Likes

same thoughts here. Now we need an EVO stage as a response for their plagiarism!

Evo stage in KI instead of a Mira stage WutFace I don’t really see how this stage is like the Astral Plane…plane…I get it.

1 Like

easy friend. No need for replacing any other new stage. As ARIA says “stay cool”
Even though, if they confirm SFV on nintendo switch i will buy it asap.