Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Does anyone know the exact timeline of the games?

Specifically SFV? Or In a whole?

The whole series

In order Canonically:

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2-3 (Alpha 1 was declared Non-Canon)
  • Street Fighter II
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Street Fighter 5
  • Street Fighter 3
1 Like

That explain Gilā€¦

That Explains Gill. Right? :smiley:

Sure does, itā€™s actually pretty awesome how they tied it in. I just wish Gil was more emphasized as a boss. Bison always seemed to take the spotlight.

Well, think about it this wayā€¦

Why is Bison not in SF3?

ā€¦

CONSPIRACY

Because Ryu literally obliterated him in SFV lol

I love urien premium costume !
Also Iā€™m a season pass holder so we will get all colors

Well, if you have followed the story elements in Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter V, you see that Shadaloo is slowly regressing. In SF2, Bison is being defeated.

In SF4, his weapons department known as S.I.N. is being taken over by a modified Bison body called Seth who wants to take over Bisonā€™s spot, but he is defeated too, as well as the entire weapons departmentā€¦ which means Bison no longer has new bodies to transfer his Psycho Power into.

And in SFV, Bison tries to regain his power, but is stopped and defeated, finally being killed for good.

And then the Illuminati steps in, as they have built towards world domination as well, but Shadaloo was a severe thorn in their sides. And now with Shadaloo dispatched and Bison gone, they are now free to act. And that is where SF3 starts.

1 Like

I hope Bison appears somehow in the Gill saga (I know about what happened in V)

just because i want to see them both fight one another which would be AWESOME!!!

Is it me, or did the AI get 10x more cheaper and cheating in this Urien update?

I played 3 matches with Ibuki VS Karin on CPU level 6, and she was harder than training mode CPU 8. She would hit my character while I was still mid-air and magically go right into a ground combo. Her Kanzuki-Ryu Hokojutsu Seppo would randomly become unblockable for no reason. She would be able to go into a block while I was in mid-combo on her. I could hit LK/LP while she was still in recovery animation, and yet she would still manage to punish me with M and H attacks. It was beyond realistic and just straight up cheating the whole system.

I played 3 CPU matches after not touching the game for 2 months, and it left me not ever wanting to touch it again.

Update: Every single charge character can immediately go into their charge move while walking forwardā€¦ WTF??

TO PC USERS PLAYING STREET FIGHTER FIVE:

The above link speaks of an addition that Capcom has used in itā€™s methods to stop people from cheating within their system, only its purpose of being within your computer puts you at much more significant risk.

I HIGHLY recommend you uninstall and follow the steps in the Reddit thread Iā€™ve posted above as it helps remove this from your computer. Wait until Capcom updates and rolls back the software installed into your kernel in order to play.

2 Likes

This is from the update that happened today, right?
Iā€™d probably be good then since I havenā€™t even been on steam let alone SFV in the past few days, right?
:hushed:

KanRaDidNothingWrong

2 Likes

Apparently the rollback is now live

1 Like

Kan-Ra never learn lessons? Oh yeah, he still did nothing wrong!

You know this incident brings back some old Capcom memories. Anybody remember the fiasco where the demo for Maximo on PS2 would wipe your memory card? It kinda made me glad I wasnā€™t playing any RPGs at the time.

Still, thatā€™s a scary thing. You know they messed up pretty big if this was fixed in a day. I donā€™t have it, but I wonder if it deleted the offending files?