Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

My newest mod. Behold…

2 Likes

Is there already a possibility for mods in KI, or is it still off limits? Because your mods are awesome and I would like to see what you could do in Ki

Can you do KI mods in SF? Like a Jago /Ryu… Sadira - Juri… or Kan-ra - Dalshim…

have you seen the Maxamillian Ken?

1 Like

Eyedol - Birdie!!

1 Like

Ohhhh Good one!

Thanks! I don’t think it’s “off limits”, but this is the reply I got when asking other modders about modding KI:

@FallofSeraphs76 Since we’ve already seen the KI models exported from the game, it seems fully possible. However, I’m not sure how to extract the content from the Windows Store. I also don’t use any 3D software myself, just been editing costume colors and textures (not object models), so I’m not sure what’s involved with injecting the models into SFV.

1 Like

I’d REALLY like to see an Orchid Cammy …

http://www.cgsociety.org/cgsarchive/newgallerycrits/g97/205997/205997_1143405278_submedium.jpg

Memes

1 Like

Gief is just awful in this game… Even against CPU he is not fun to play.

Speaking of CPU did they ever announce a Plsyer vs CPU mode?

Yes its coming out soon i think September 2nd or 4th along with daily challenges

As for gief yeah he is pretty bad the top 5 worst tend to be 1. Zangief, 2. Bison, 3. F.A.N.G, 4. Rashid, 5. Alex/Birdie (Juri is also considered very weak too) but 1 and 2 are for sure Bad characters (as a bison player i know this XD)

1 Like

@BigBadAndy @TheNinjaOstrich

So after MacGuyvering my X1 fightstick (seriously…eff whoever the guy was who didn’t wan’t this stick to work with Win 10…just…eff that guy :unamused:), I spent a lot of quality time with Ibuki in SFV. Short story is that I like her a lot - she’s got some really cool tools, a fun design and playstyle, and some serious potential for dirt. I spent about 2 hours with her in practice before I even played against the computer, which is super rare for me. I’m usually a “look at the command list, do each move once, and then head online and see what happens” kind of guy. But with Ibuki, there was just so much obvious potential for stuff that I spent a lot of time getting down muscle memory and practicing target combos and seeing how different potential resets might work. It was also my first time playing SFV on stick, so that may have also been some of it as well. I can’t personally imagine playing her on pad for the record, as she pretty reliably needs easy access to all three strengths of her buttons.

She’s just a lot of fun to play around with - she’s got her air kunai, stylish pseudo-juggles, dash-throughs for resets, and combo strings that while not hard, keep your fingers pretty busy. It feels a lot more active playing with her versus Karin, as her confirms aren’t nearly as easy and she’s a much more button-intensive character when you want to do cool stuff with her. She does bring into sharp relief one of my big issues with SFV though - the overwhelming strength of the mash jab. Played against one of my friends last night, and this fool would just not stop pressing buttons. I figured out counter-hit timings on jump-ins and such pretty quickly, but I basically couldn’t reset the guy mid-combo because he was always mashing jab or some other such nonsense. In KI I could have tagged him with a functional infinite for playing like that, but not familiar enough with Ibuki yet to manage something similar. I think today I’ll set the practice dummy to reversal jab on stuff and see if I can find a tight sequence to crush counter that nonsense or something.

So yeah, all in all I’m having a lot of fun with her. Ibuki’s always been one of my favorite SF characters even though I never played the games she was in, so I’m pretty happy to finally get a chance to play her and to find that she does seem to be clicking with me. :thumbsup:

@KrizmKazm - out of curiosity, do you have any interest in doing any modding for Ibuki? There are dozens (literally dozens) of Laura, Mika, Chun, and Cammy mods, but so far I’ve only seen a lonely one for the ninja. I think it’d be really sick if someone could combine that bitchin strider scarf from her swimsuit costume with either her default outfit or a ninja cat suit or something :smile:

Make her a Female Strider Hiryu. Lol

I have 2 Ibuki mods in the works. One for her C2 and one for her C4.

I ran into a problem where I cannot alter the color of her scarf on C4, so I’m working with BrutalAce to see if we can have it change colors with each costume color, instead of it always just being red. I’ll give the scarf a silk appearance too. I’m not experienced enough to actually move objects from one costume to another though. I mainly do texture edits, sweat fx, and costume colors.

For her C2, I’m working on a version without underwear under her dress + see through top + 10 Custom Colors + sweat FX + subtle makeup + parachute reskin. From what I’ve seen so far, her C2 is the only costume I am able to modify hair color on, so that will certainly give her some variety!

For her C4, she will have shiny/oiled legs + bloodstained kunai (on her legs) + 15 Custom Colors + Silk Scarf. Not sure what other modifications she’ll have aside of those yet. Trying to solve the issue with her scarf color first.

That’s pretty much what her C4 already is. I dig that costume.

Gotcha. Sounds like fun :smile:

I’m actually good with a perpetually red scarf - it works I think for whatever reason. I’d like her C4 a lot more if she wasn’t in that weird Japanese school swimsuit thing. That scarf with a spy cat suit or ninja-gear though? :persevere::thumbsup:

Thanks for this. Always with the caveat that I am not really an advanced player, I’m interested in more details but I don’t want to just nag you to death. I get a few things, like the purpose of her kunai to harass and annoy people rather than dealing damage. But I’m having trouble with an overall game plan.

So maybe I will start with something simple. Her dash/mobility options look appealing but I can’t figure out where and how to use them. Raw they get you killed, either through the “mash jab” philosophy or even because something like a sweep will auto correct and just nail you on the other side.

I actually like her swimsuit a lot more than any of her other costumes :slight_smile:

The problem I have with the scarf always being red, is I really like to create custom color sets, since I don’t care for 80% of Capcom’s official costume colors. This means I’d have to come up with 15 color schemes, that all work with red, and that don’t look too similar to each other - which is very restricting. If we can’t get the scarf to change per costume, I will make it black so it will match with any color scheme and will not limit what color combinations I can come up with.

I’d give the other modders a little more time though and I’m sure more Ibuki mods will start to surface. She’s still somewhat new and I think a lot of people are waiting for her classic costume to return before really diving into her options. I did see someone else combining her C1 and C3 (I think?) costumes, but he hasn’t posted anything finished yet.

Sure man, ask me specifics. I don’t have too much MU experience with her yet, but I’ll try to elaborate where I can.

I think her general gameplan is just to get in and land a hit. Once she’s done that, she has a legion of meaty setups to hit you with and mix you up with, and she does good damage and stun from what I can tell (nothing crazy though). Her struggle is going to be getting in - her buttons aren’t great, and her target combo stuff is largely unsafe and also start with shallow normals. Anyone with dangerous neutral (good walk speed, long pokes) is going to be an issue for her, as she can’t trade life to get in like a Zangief can. I think you have to use EX kunai to cover your approaches, and you’ll probably have to get comfortable using her V-Skill as a extra long normal in footsies.

@KrizmKazm - thanks for providing your thoughts and perspective on the mod stuff. I’ll look forward to seeing what you and the rest of the mod community comes up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that confirmed or just speculating? Also is it free?

Isn’t Bison Top Tier though? I’m not too familiar with the recent tier list.

Yeah its confirmed that Player vs CPU is coming early September along with daily challenges and other things

Bison early on was considered a very strong character, but when people figured him out and looked at what he had he is very weak…Bison lacks walkspeed, a safe dash, a decent anti air, unsafe specials (aside from psycho blast), no over heads and horrendous defense (Mika dominates this match up for example)…Hopefully he will get buffs later

For recent tier lists for SFV generally it would be like this

Top:
Ryu
Chun-li
Nash

High:
Ken
Necalli
Cammy
Karin
Mika

Mid: