Stereotypes, tropes, and clichés

What? Aganos not big enough for you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes but I was thinking giant Rabbit

1 Like

if done correctly, there is no need to be big. Will be completely different from Hisako, mainly because will walk upright, perhaps walking fought hard, or maybe walking soft as a ventriloquist dummy. There are many possibilities for a different frankenstein, but with the essence of the original monster

And I particularly would like a contortionist frankenstein, which twists around the opponent, which “doubles” of no possible way. A frankenstein connected with twice the energy, frantic, fast, but unhinged “broken” … or would happen during instinct? a double power load, to overclock: P

2 Likes

Sir, that quote it’s mine!!! XD

1 Like

■■■■ Ultratech! get out of that system and let me use the quotes correctly! :laughing:

3 Likes

I want another new sword character!

Some cool knight or some badass samurai!

1 Like

Both great ideas, even if Spinal’s alternate retro costumes cover both types of characters.

2 Likes

Here’s what I would want!

Wrestler: Following Zangief, King, Wolf Hawkfield & the Armstrongs (father & daughter)

Sumo: Following E. Honda, Ganryu & Taka-Arashi

Elder: Following Gen, Gouken, Shun Di, Gen Fu, Wang Jinrei, Heihachi & Shujinko

Blonde Female: Following Sonya, Sarah Bryant, Cammy & Nina Williams

Ninja: Jago is no ninja! Following Scorpion, Gray Fox, Raiden (MGS), Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane & Kasumi

1 Like

Anime/DBZ-Esque

1 Like

I would think of something like Carl Clover from Blazblue.

Here’s mine…

• Wrestler type: Zangief & El Fuerte (SF), King, Armor King & Craig Marduk (TK), Jax (MK - has a wrestling variation), Wolf Hawkfield (VF), Bass & Tina Armstrong (DOA). Can’t decide which gender for the wrestler in KI. If it was a male, I’d picture someone with a mix of Bane & Broly from DBZ. But it’s also gotta be based on a real wrestler of the WWE. If it was a female, I’d picture something like either AJ Lee or Paige, mixed with Leona from KOF & Vanessa from VF. So hard to choose.

• Dancer type: We got Eddy & Christie with capoeira (TK). Anything hip-hop related or go for a ballet dancer.

• Street-Punk type: We got Birdie from SF & Cody from Final Fight. It can be a criminal or someone rebellious.

• Sumo type: Following E. Honda, Ganryu & Taka-Arashi. We got Hisako as a ghost. Maybe a new Japanese fighter can come into place.

• Celebrity type: Johnny Cage was based on Jean-Claude Van Damme. And his character was a movie star. I think they should go for the blonde female route this time. Following Cammy, Nina Williams, Sonya & Sarah Bryant.

• Psychic type: A Jean Grey-Psylocke character mixed with Rose would fit well. MK had Ermac & Kenshi as well.

• Speed type: Kabal, the Flash, Quicksilver & Sonic. Someone with super speed & freeze time. It can be a former racer hired by another corporation to compete with Ultratech. Maybe that story sounds cheesy, but there’s gotta be a character that uses super speed.

If we go with a wrestler-type that’s based off of a real wrestler, I’d go with something that resembles Mick Foley’s Mankind. The idea of a big buff dude with a scarred face and mask (this can harken somewhat to the Phantom of the Opera idea as well) that’s unusually dressed in nice, but shaggy office clothes (button-up shirt with tie and slacks) would be interesting.

For a backstory, we could say he’s an employee of Ultratech that also happened to be a former wrestler, but his career ended when he was beaten and accidentally disfigured by TJ’s bionic implants during an expirement to test TJ’s new implants. So naturally, he wants revenge against TJ for ruining his life. The company, wanting TJ out of the picture, promises that they will fix his face - for a price. They subject him to super soldier experiments that give him great strength along the lines of Mr. Hyde or Frankenstein’s monster to do this.

Just an idea to cover a lot of bases… :wink:

2 Likes

Warlock 5 (this is a good comic, you gotta read this. It’s also a great reference for KI)

1 Like

It certainly does look like it would be a good reference. In that 1st picture alone, I can see what appear to me to be similarities to Maya (retro), Thunder/Tusk, Kan-Ra, Spinal, and Sadira (respectively).

2 Likes

What about Cybersix?

2 Likes

A female spy-looking character with a cat? Gee, I wonder… It’s basically Orchid.

1 Like

I do like a Bane-type of wrestler. But he’ll be psychotic like Broly.

His story will be a bit “Craig Marduk” due to how he was expelled from the pro ranks and arrested for the slaughter of Armor King in Arizona.

There are a list of wrestlers that he can be based on though…

• Kane
  • Big Show
  • Undertaker
    etc.?

Which is best?

How about a…

• Mad Scientist type: Kan-Ra seems Shang Tsung-like. What about one who is a “Quan Chi”? I’d be thinking on something “Mister Sinister”.

• Masked type: Perhaps they can have something Yoshimitsu from Tekken and Sodom from SF/FF.

1 Like

An honorable old warrior armed with a katana that lives in the old ways, has a lineage that dates back to Hisako, and is responsible for training Kim Wu and/or Jago. This idea could actually fit multiple archetypes, such as samurai/ninja, masked character, mentor, old man character, noble warrior character, etc. His background could be all about training Kim Wu for what’s coming/training Jago to control himself, stopping Hisako and returning her spirit to his family line’s lost village, and eventually to guide those who would resist Gargos. I could picture him kind of like Mitsurugi in appearance from the Soul Calibur series, but much older. His premium outfit could be similar to that of Master Roshi, where he’d be bald, have a turtle shell on his back, sunglasses over his eyes, a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and sandals, and his katana could be replaced with a bamboo stick. His combo trait could be to ignore manual rules, so he can use a heavy manual after a light linker, for example (with some other negative aspect to balance him out, of course) or perhaps to perform another manual after the 1st. His instinct could be where he takes a swig of some potion or drink from a gourd (ala the drunken warrior stereotype) to steel himself against enemy attacks (that is to say, he gets some form or percentage of damage reduction). His command attacks/special attacks could include a backwards thrust or stab under his arm as an anti-crossup, a wide-arc ground stomp similar to a sumo wrestler that can be used as an anti-air and hard-knockdown, and an overhead where he stabs the ground with his sword. His throw would involve grabbing the enemy around the head and back and smashing them there with his gourd. :slight_smile:

Just going ham with ideas - sorry. :smirk:

2 Likes

A gentleman

1 Like

Superhero:

Detective:

1 Like