Steam Launch Q&A

I get slow downs randomly that are cured on alt tab. Have about an hour left to get a refund.

Phenom 965 ii 4x4ghz
8gb ddr3 1600 mhz
1060 3gb
windows 7 64bit pro sp1

http://steamcommunity.com/app/577940/discussions/0/1520386297687391933/

Also crashes on exit

I apologize if someone has already written about this and I will repeat ā€¦ but ā€¦
DAMN!
Why you spit on us again?
At one time I installed WINDOWS 10 solely because of KILLER INSTINCT. She annoyed me (and still), but I put up with the opportunity to play KI. And then released for STEAM ā€¦ But the owners of the DE were not given same in Steam ā€¦ There is no transfer of the progress either. You know what I say? go to hell with such a marketing policy. I will install my favorite and stable win 7, download from the Internet KI and absolutely will not feel remorse.
"we wantā€¦ we tryā€¦better experience"
BULLSHIT!
What prevented you from giving REEDEM CODE to those who bought the DE version in your counter? (for example)
Iā€™m not saying that people were thrown on KI Classic both STORE and STEAM. I stil angry. peoples can play ten years ago on PC with emulator but not oficial on PC in 2017!)
Also kilgore not availableā€¦(but maybe if for a whileā€¦ it doesnt matter anymore)

But people have been giving lots of reasons why they canā€™t do this. Itā€™s not that they didnā€™t want to. I donā€™t think they can.

What is with all these people wanting free steam versions? Never in any of the other gaming communities Iā€™ve been a part of have I seen people demanding free copies of ports to other platforms. Why is it only Ki people demanding this?

7 Likes

I agree itā€™s weird, but I also think itā€™s a side effect of KIā€™s very weird pricing structure. They are giving free stuff to people who bought very specific versions at very specific times, so itā€™s easy to kinda feel like youā€™re getting the short end of the stick when you paid more money for a different version just before the other one was announced.

But yeah, asking for a free version on another platform is a little strange.

2 Likes

Over 5k sold on Steam. Not amazing, but given itā€™s an old game that a lot of people got on Win10 already, I think it isnā€™t bad. Itā€™s also on 87% userscore and 500 peak concurrent.
Marvel has 26k sold but 65% userscore and 1k concurrents which is low for the copies sold. Fair to say marvel had a lot more exposure than KI and also itā€™s a brand new game.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually not bad considering how abysmal the day 1 numbers were. I guess all the tweeting Iā€™ve seen helped finally spread word.

Iā€™m thinking it is a side-effect of Xbox Play Anywhere. Last year, we were introduced to the idea of owning a copy of KI on the Xbox One meant that you owned it on Windows 10 PCs for free. This expectation has migrated towards to Steam version.

1 Like

Is the Steam version at full price cheaper than most bundles available through the Xbox store? Itā€™d be nice to see all pricing for the game bought sensibly in line now, it needs to make sense across the board for all platforms.

Since owning the game I can say that it has the most confusing pricing structure Iā€™ve ever seen.

After shelling out for a hard drive to put win 10 on and a fight stick, I was running out of cash to buy the actual game, so only picked up the season 1 and 2 combo breaker edition and ever since then Iā€™ve been waiting for the ā€œbare bonesā€ version of season 3 to be cheap enough for me to consider it without having to purchase stuff I already bought/ ensuring I wasnā€™t actually spending more than I would if Iā€™d have gotten DE instead, which I only noticed had happened about a month ago, I havenā€™t picked it up yet but I digress.

Steam users massively enjoy sales, keep this in mind and normalize the pricing structure across the win 10/Xbox store, too.

1 Like

What version of the KI is on sale on steam? The description of the content on steam is very poor and I have friends asking if the game comes with everything the DE edition have (mostly if it comes with the entire cast including the new ones).

Also, I see people that have an xbox one commenting that they will BUY the steam version because they donā€™t know the game is play anywhere. You guys must advertise this because itā€™s unfair for steam costumers to buy a game that they already have the right to play on PC because they donā€™t know that the game is already available for those who have it on xbox.

Edit: Well, I got the answers at the Q&A document, but would be nice to link it on steam.

ā€œUltimately we decided on the following, and most important part of this paragraph: all Gold and Terror skin packs will be free for KI: Definitive Edition owners in the coming days.ā€

Any word on this? Weeks? Months?

You guys have got to be kidding with this! This is the worst of all the the possible outcomes for this game. Itā€™s laughably bad marketing and customer support all at once! Have fun sucking on steam, ki.

Uncle festor or whatever uploaded a mod tutorial on YT

1 Like

Yes, how dare these sons of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  release the game on another platform. What ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

7 Likes

i have to question though why ranked is excluded from crossplay
and why they donĀ“t add the free character rotation to steam ā€¦ missed oportunity imo

I think it was so that people couldnā€™t stomp new players from xbox versionā€¦ I would hope that later this year they add cross ranked multiplayer