Stage Ultra Announcement

We should make a poll :wink:

Actually, come to think of it, wouldnā€™t ā€œsplatteredā€ be more appropriated because itā€™s the Halo stage?

2 Likes

Go ahead

It was an inside joke my friend.

When I started reading the comments I expected something pretty bad.

I have to admit, after listening to it, itā€™s not that bad, itā€™s weird for sure (keep in mind it is new) but I find it has a cocky sound to it as heā€™s not shouting his lungs out.

I like.

The cratered part at the end will be interesting to see if itā€™s stage based or character based. Given that itā€™s Aganos controlling rocks etcā€¦ I could see it being character specific but I also it stage based.

Bring on S3 already

1 Like

It sure was, which is why I think itā€™s feasible to believe they are taking the 90ā€™s tropes very seriously and going out of their way to make things visually look and sound 90ā€™s authentic.

Purple haze!, all around. Donā€™t know if Iā€™m going up or down ! Am I happy or in misery!? Whatever it is, KI put a spell on me (insert guitar solo played with teeth).

I had no issues with the purple shadow moves or the level 4 enders, but this sounds really weird to me. IIRC, this is the first time that ā€œFake Mikeā€ interferes with ā€œReal Mikeā€ during the match and it clashes badly. I wonder what it sounds like with the other announcers.
I can probably live with the ā€œcrateredā€ part but ā€œstage ultraā€ does not sound good, like he wanted to deliver the hype but doesnā€™t know why itā€™s hype in the first place. Iā€™d suggest to keep the original ultra scream and just add the specific shoutout.

I think this sounds a little off, but Iā€™m sure the Chris/ARIA versions sound a lot better. Not having the original announcer WOULD make it sound out of place.

Yes I know, but they were wayy off the mark on this one if it is real.

OG ā€œChrisā€ voice actor started on the first of March. thatā€™s not a lot of time really. but if all heā€™s doing is 8 character names and stage call outs that fits good schedule wise. It seems like the higher the pitch of the ā€œmike stand-inā€ the worse it sounds.

Oh this is so becoming one of those 500+ posts thread.

1 Like

they should make all of them say wreckd

lol. ya cause itā€™s poopy.

1 Like

Sounds like he was gargling water when saying that lol

It sounds pretty badā€¦

That was bad

i preferā€¦

KNOCKOFFā€¦knockoffā€¦knockoff

Actually it was on the 29th, and like you said, doing (what we can assume is):

8 character call-outs
6 unique Stage Ultra announcements (+1 call out of ā€œStage Ultraaaa!ā€)

15 unique voice clips that are all pretty short. Itā€™s not like he was reading deep story dialogue, so I wouldnā€™t be too worried.

But why would it be that if no one got knocked off?!

ARIAā€™s stage could have it thoughā€¦the rest should just remain as ultra or something

I do hope that ARIAā€™s stage has that for its callout, itā€™d make sense there. But anywhere else would be kinda silly.

Sorry, I had to.

Back on topicā€¦