Stage Thoughts/Theories?

The stage is geared more towards the whole dirty chinatown aspect in action movies. You probably would understand better if you did watch the movie, but that’s entirely up to you.

1 Like

That’s an amazing stage!

They changed the lighting of the whole game but the truth is the ‘hex engine’ is not powerful enough, graphicalwise. I mean, actually if we take the current Kim’s stage and put it on Unreal Engine 4…without any complex adjustment… it would probably look much better.

I like her stage. It’s manifestly different in color and tone than anything else we’ve seen in the game so far. I like that there are actually people meandering about in the background, and like the washed out sliver of light between the buildings.

If you don’t like it then I guess that’s ok - it’s aesthetic, and therefore entirely subjective. But I think it’s quite a bit more dynamic than some of the other stages (Jago’s temple isn’t particularly dynamic for instance), and I like its actual content pretty well actually. I’m kind of feeling the “dirty Chinatown back alley” thing they’re going for, and I like the little touches like birds freaking out and electric signs “popping” :slightly_smiling:

The signs and the lanterns are part of my faves of the stage behind the people walking in the street in the background!

Anyone notice the motorbike topples over along with the fruit stands on high number combos

Little things like that are a pleasure

That’s why The Chinatown Stage in SFV is my favorite. :slight_smile:

1 Like