Souls Series Action RPG thread!

make sure you have started Eliene the Crows quest up int eh rafters of the sewer area where you get the Saw blade. then come back around after you have made it though Old Yharnim.

I have no clue where to go now. I just defeated blood deprived beast. Also, there is a dude with a machine gun blasting from a rooftop still out thereā€¦

Okay I threw the mad Gunner off of the tower, so thatā€™s taken care of.
Still where to go now? Chapel?

Go back around to the Odeon CHapelā€¦ head on out to the grave yard area and up the big steps to take on Vicar EMelia in Cathedral Wardā€¦should have fought her first before Blood starved beast.

Then go to healing church workshop which is very hard to find but its way down in the tower after the door now opens in Odeon chapel. Gerhman tells you to go here now that you have defeated bloodstarved beast.

THen go to Hemwick Charnel lane which is the wooded area off to the side of the Cathedral wardā€¦I Believe to the right of Vicar Emilieaā€¦maybeleftā€¦try both lol

1 Like

Oops, I missed an entire area lol. Thanks, you really know the game well!!!

I still donā€™t know how insight works. Do I need to consume them? Or leave in my inventory??

Higher insight will decrease your beasthood stat and lower your frenzy resistance. Insight can spent at the insight bath messengers and to summon NPC hunters and players. At certain insight thresholds the church dudes all over Cathedral Ward will get weapon buffs and new attacks, and, without spoiling anything, you will be able to see certain things in the world.

1 Like

INsight allows you to see things in the game that are creepy and coolā€¦ you really dont need to see the stuff, Id save them and use them as currency for a Blood Rock. And like he saidā€¦ you need it to summon NPCs. Thatā€™s about it really. THe beathood and freny doesnt really take too much of an effect to really change the game.

@JetstreamDan thanks for the explanation. I had no idea there were so many uses for insight. Very interesting mechanic.

Vicar Amelia is crazy hard. So unpredictable.
I guess I need to stay real close? Fighting from afar is not good.

Stay on her asss and use oil and fireā€¦also saw cleaver or any serrated weapon works best on beasts. That chain weapon is going to make it really tough for you lol

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76 I thought this might interest you.

Finally a gameplay trailer for Nioh 2 was released, and news of a closed alpha starting in a few days.

I always had an on-again off-again relationship with the first Nioh, but I still overall enjoyed it a good deal. Hopefully they make some broad changes with the sequel, since Iā€™m at a loss at what they could add to the already sizable combat system.

1 Like

Nioh 2 and the Surge 2 coming soon! YEAH!

Have you guys seen the articles about George RR martin collaborating with FROM SOFTWARE for a Game of Thrones inspired SOuls Series RPG? Ohhhh SHeeeeet!!!

I heard itā€™s gonna be open world though, not sure how to feel about that honestly. Iā€™m so used to the pseudo open worlds that the Soulsborne games did that Iā€™m worried they might go too far, and end with yet another mostly-empty sandbox game (Rage 2 being the most recent case of that, great gunplay but surprisingly barren world map).

1 Like

I really gotta get on Nioh so I can be ready for the sequel. I own the complete edition but havenā€™t gotten further than the second boss, though I have seen a lot more of the game from a friend playing it.

Nioh 2 looks really good though Iā€™m a bit iffy on the new super modes. Not a fan of when they switch you over to a whole new playstyle/moveset instead of just augmenting your current one, like most of the God of War games are guilty of for example.

Dude NIOH is amazing! I followed it from the get go and played all 3 betaā€™s. I got some cool rewards for playing them too. Sadly I never finished itā€¦ Im bad about that. I believe the Surge came out not long after and I got heavy into it and when I returned to NIOHā€¦ then I got into Dark Souls 2.

Im ā– ā– ā– ā–  near the endā€¦ then the DLCā€¦ with the SUrge 2, NIOH 2 coming outā€¦ I dont know how Ill ever finish everything. Souls games I need to completeā€¦
Sekiro
Dark Souls 2
Demons Souls
Nioh

I just got back on Sekiro after a 3 week break of straight MK11ā€¦ I beat the Guardian Ape COUPLE on the 2nd try tonightā€¦OMG it was glorious!!! I still have it !! LOL
Here I goā€¦back on itā€¦ SEKIRO!!!

So itā€™s been recently confirmed by the developers that The Surge 2 will be out on September 23, with pre-orders now available.

Iā€™ll be honest, I am wary of how it will turn out, especially regarding multiplayer. Because as much as I enjoyed the first game it did have flaws, and Iā€™m not sure how certain things will end up balanced this time around. Hopefully it doesnā€™t pull a Dark Souls 2 and put a bunch of weird arbitrary restrictions on the gameplay, the world hasnā€™t forgiven From Software for the Soul Memory mechanic.

1 Like

SO what did everyone think about the ELden ring trailer? I thought it looked really EPIC! I cant waitā€¦OMG its going to be so dark and esoteric! Had a very Lord of the Rings vibe IMO

Here is a very telling interview from today with Miyazakiā€¦ check it out! This is going to be very Dark Souls like!