Soul Calibur 6

Ultimately, the idea that a man being sexy in a certain way is creepy and a woman being sexy in that same way is objectifying is ultimately playing in to pre-conceived gender norms, and damaging to the cultural perseption of both sexes. Either it’s all one or the other. You can’t puck and choose.

That’s the thing though. Voldo isn’t sexualised in the same way as Ivy is. They are clearly two very different characters in their personalities, behaviour, appearance, mannerisms, movements etc.

1 Like

Lol wtf why does he do this

Had he behaved like Ivy, it’s to be sexually enticing.
But in this case, it’s to be creepy and freaky.

2 Likes

Correct- and it’s in the eye of the beholder I suppose…

He’s still awesome :trophy:

1 Like

Oh, I love both Ivy and Voldo. But I don’t find either of them sexually attractive. Still both really cool characters. ^^

Man I hope Evo gives us more thna one character reveal. I’ve waited for awhile now.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a zasalamel as Voldo soul and have him slither like that then

Lol

have fun

But it isn’t. No one is “picking and choosing,” just making observations on reality. This isn’t some lawyering session at debate club where you just throw down absolute statements of logic in an attempt to “win.” There are certain observations of reality that are just facts - regardless of what you want the answer to be.

Women and men respond to images differently (of all kinds, but especially images related to sex). That’s just a fact. It’s also abundantly clear that Voldo is dressed the way he is to be disturbing. Yes there is a bondage vibe in his outfit but it’s there to be disturbing. Ivy has her chest and butt hanging out to appeal to men (and teenage boys). Voldo is not there to appeal to women. And even if he was, having one dude in a gimp suit doesn’t “balance and erase” a half dozen female characters with their enormous chests bouncing out of tiny tops.

It isn’t the same. It’s not there for the same reason and it doesn’t have the same effect.

1 Like

:notes: Just a friendly reminder to be careful with the discussion…:musical_note:

1 Like

So, EVO is our best bet. Why don’t we do another guess that character.

My hopes

• 4 characters revealed
  • Lizardman and Astaroth revealed. (The story teases their appearence)

It could be

• 1 character reveal at Evo
  • Cerventes and new character might be revealed.

Possibley

• 2 characters revealed at EVO

I just want Raphael and Tira to be announced, then the roster is good for me. If the other two being revealed are Aeon and Astaroth, then cool. I personally think Cervantes should be the last character to be announced.

well there is 8 slots left so.

1. Aeon
  2. Astaroth
  3. Cervantes
  4. Tira
  5. Raphael
  6. Seong Mina
  7. New Character
  8. Yun-Seong

Now the worse case scenario for Raphael and Tira is that she may end up being DLC. Either way you win.

If it’s anything like Tekken 7, the season pass bonus will be an unexpected/unwanted character (Ala Eliza), and the remaining three will all be guests.

Speak for yourself. I love Eliza in Tekken 7. :heart:

I hope this game cures my crippling depression…

I could really use some good games.

Games don’t cure depression. You need professional help for that.

I had 8 years of it. Then my therapist died. This will have to do.

Keep in mind that Soul Calibur is not Tekken. For all we know they likely hinted at one more guest character for DLC. I don’t think we should assume that they would repeat one thing to another game.

1 Like