Soul Calibur 6

Wow I didn’t realize how intrigued the story of SC was. This makes it all the better and and the characters seem like they’re really have unique tropes and backstories :slight_smile: I just felt that there aren’t many female Native Americans in fighting games but since Rock was raised by them and has an adopted Native son Bangoo then he would make a pretty cool and unique Native character to the roster if they decide to add him :wink:

What about some giant ogre or troll that was cursed? Maybe he was of a humanoid race that looked slightly different than the others and were great sword fighters but him and his clan or tribe got cursed by the seed and became viscous berserkers? What about an ancient alien with some strange aura of weaponry? Sure some sort of discoveries of an ancient discovered being during the 16th century would be a very unique trope on it’s own :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

Ok you win I give up, I’m no good at this :cry:

How about a sea monster? The other option is the Aztec/Mayan warrior mentioned before since I don’t think it was done yet.

… Mora a zombie pirate, but…

… or maybe…

His stages are all in watery caves…

… though he might be Egyptian…

1 Like

What about a wizard?

Ivy - as mentioned, is an alchemist and exorcist

Zasalamel - an Egyptian sorcerer who has found the secret of eternal life through reincarnation

Viola - a seeress with mystical powers

Zwei - possessed by a wolf spirit which he can summon in battle

Splay… be honest with me… have you ever played a Soul Calibur game?

2 Likes

No I didnt :sob: :sob: but I watched others play it. I really want to one of these days.

How about a golem, has that been covered?

Astaroth is kinda a flesh golem…

1 Like

@anon39655210
Raphael is Spanish? According to his in-game bio, he is French :confused:

If I remember correctly, Lizardman was originally a Spartan warrior, am I right?

From what I’ve noticed as well as gathered, Soul Calibur so far has not have a dual-assist type character yet in the series, correct?

THIS is now another reason why the Soul Calibur series is one of my all-time favorite fighters/fighting game series :grin: :smile: :sunglasses:

And I guess a minotaur would be too much like Astaroth as well. What about some Hindu diety warrior?

You are right, he is French. My bad.

1 Like

What about my Hindu suggestion?? Does SC have a Hindu warrior yet? How about Persian? Scottish?

@KIFANATIC8488 I like a duel character myself. Maybe they could be clown jester twins! That could work in the 16th century no?

I really need to start playing SC now!!

1 Like

You are completely missing my point by continuing to suggest these hollow tropes.

Ahh ha!

I’m beginning to understand what you mean now. So instead of them just being based on a archetype of a culture like Native American warrior, French swordsman, Hindu sword fighter, etc, they get their uniqueness do to their special qualities that make them that character. Like an ancient Egyptian priest that’s an alchemist or mage and studied the dark arts to say maybe fight back vampires that murdered his village and family? Or maybe he’s become one and is trying to fight the curse and the Soul sword is all that can cure his vampirism disease? Am I close?

1 Like

My guess is the world map type theory in which you have to have a a specific nationality representing each country/ race is rather played out.

A story with simply unique characters would suffice. Soul calibur already has won that contest in game production

2 Likes

So what about a cursed vampire or werewolf from Egypt or India instead of the usual cliche of it being from England, France, Europe? Does SC even have vampires or werewolves?

1 Like

Isn’t Raphael and Amy Vampires?

And Nightmare is kind of a vampire since he absorbs peoples souls, right?

and I could be wrong but I believe Ein, which is the wolf dude that ZWEI controls, is a werewolf.

Honestly if they made SC6 I just want a hybrid of SC2 and SC5 removing all new characters from 5, except viola and ZWEI, and replaced them with the OG’s

Raphael and Amy, as well as Tira and Pyrrha, are what is called Malfested, which means they have been influenced by the Soul Edge. In Raphael’s and Amy’s case, yes, they have gotten some vampiric features, however, they aren’t actually vampires. They aren’t undead and they can walk in the sun, but they do feed on blood and are immortal. Ivy is kinda Malfested as well, as she doesn’t age either.

Nightmare isn’t a vampire, however, the Soul Edge (the sword) hungers for souls, and Nightmare feeds it by killing people with it. If he’s anything, he’d be a death knight, a sort of reaper of souls.

Neither Zwei or Ein are werewolves, as Zwei cannot turn into a wolf-man and Ein is a lupine spirit, but they are thematically inspired by werewolves. Zwei can summon Ein into battle, kinda like a Stand-user from the Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure series.

2 Likes

I hope for a SC6 in the future, this game and KI are my favorite franchises.

1 Like