Sonic movie poster revealed

I’m gonna go see it anyways. It will be fun lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Early guess…

It’s going to be a “self aware” satire that spends the whole movie making fun of it’s self.
(Wilst also taking pop-shots at Sonic fans)

This is hysterical. The real thing will be terrible but not as bad as that fake one. I’m guessing it’s going to be a cheesy throwback style movie with lots of Bart Simpson/early TMNT style “woah dude, radical!” Exclamations substituting for things like plot or dialogue. Interspersed with CGI sequences of first-person running around.

The question is, who was asking for this? Don’t sonic fans basically want them to make some good video games? Sonic isn’t exactly famous for depth of character and the absorbing storyline.

Nope. No one remembers that because no one played those games.

1 Like

That’s completely untrue!
“Gotta go fast!” is the phrase he tells himself, because he is actually running from some deep and dark issues locked inside of him. He lives in a world where he is eternally hunted, by some maniac who turn animals into mindless robot slaves - something he’s seen happening to his own friends and family. Sonic is deeply traumatised, and his careless attitude is just a front he’s put on, running from his responsibilities or ever facing the truth of his past. That’s why he continues to push away his friends, with only one other person who he truly cares for as he has gone through the exact same thing as himself, someone who lost his family to the mad villain at an early age and has even somehow been mutated to grow an extra appendage - the orange fox Tails. He’s the only person in the world Sonic really cares for and has adopted him as a younger brother, protecting him against the evils of the apocalyptic world they live in, and teaching him how to survive in it.

I’m also totally bullsh*tting right now, btw.
But it could totally be the theme some movie director was trying to pull off to make Sonic more edgy.

3 Likes

I mean, they do in the games as well? People and Pokemon existing together has always been part of that universe. The main thing, even.

Sonic has also been in a world with humans on-and-off since the Sonic Adventure games and an anime. The big difference is that Sonic has an inconsistent handling of it and precedence of being a complete disaster when it goes realistic.

1 Like

Well actually it’s the most infamous Sonic game ever and it’s a popular game to play because of how easy it is to trash.

They could always just give him firearms…

So now this was posted:

Not that far from the photoshopped “brightened” version… not as horrifying though, but still just looks so… wrong…

6 Likes

I was being glib - just going for the cheap laugh. I’m sure everyone who includes Sonic in their gamertag played the PS3/360 games :wink:

Everyone knows edgy characters use katanas.

It’s actually amazingly close. And definitely still looks wrong. I’m still wondering who asked for this?

I’ll most likely see it since I’m a Die-hard Sonic fan. That being said, I’m skeptical for sure, but I will reserve my judgement until I see more stuff. Who knows, maybe it turns out to be really good. You never know.

…no way.

Nah, guns are definitely more edgy:

Of course I suppose wearing a helmet with only one eye works as well:
Infinite

2 Likes

That depends what kind of edgy you want the character to be. Western edgy uses guns, Eastern edgy uses katana. :wink:

2 Likes

Whatever the case Sega’s already tried who know how many ways to make Sonic more edgy over the years. Shadow version, shadow version with guns, were-hog?, a broad sword, and about the only thing that’s really paid off is Sonic just being Sonic. You would think the guys in charge of that abomination would have done their research in that regard.

1 Like

The movie will be fine.

2 Likes

We’ll see.

That Sonic looks not so bad, I kinda like it. It’s better than first poster we saw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s more like it

1 Like

not as bad as I thought but still could be better.

that doesnt looks as horrible.

but you know…why cant hollywood just stay with the source material? why the hell is sonic on planet earth and not on moebius. shouldnt he be busting up robots on his world and hauling ■■■ everywhere to foil robotnik’s plans, instead we’re gonna get a ■■■■■■■ alvin and the chipmunks ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ cringe fiesta ■■■■■■■■■■■■ of a suckfest. if i go see this, ill probably be wasted and get thrown in jail for public intoxication.