So, Will The New Lvl 4 Enders Be Optional?

First of all, when I say KI “needs this” I’m talking about new players. Pros care about balance and deepness and seasoned non-pro players already like the game so fresh and flashy stuff is made essentially to impress new players.

Now, I agree the production value of MKX x-rays is greater (if x-rays actually look good is a matter of personal taste) and some of those new players might compare lvl4 enders with that and think “meh, looks better in MKX”, but I don’t believe any new player would say they prefer the game to not have the new animations.

Also even if x-rays look better, lvl4 enders still look very good (at least in my opinion and by looking into Twitch chat it’s the same for many others). This stuff does matter for the wow factor, even if x-rays look better players are tired of them by now.

So I do believe this was a good move. The game certainly isn’t worse by having these animations and for many players they greatly improved the overall flashiness of the game

Well, let’s see how many issues are fixed after it is released and how many will be buried forever in a bug report thread.

2 Likes

I agree. But at the same time I want say that everyone in this forum comes from different backgrounds and ages. I remember Adam saying he wants good feedback with well written out arguments but something both him and you don’t see is that this is as good as it is going to get when it comes to feedback. When someone finds something upsetting they will react naturally. A fan of KI can be 12 years old on here and asking of him to write an essay discussing the implementation of level 4 enders would probably go over his head. A 32 year old man returning from his day job looking at the video feed coming on here will most likely not want to spend 15 minutes arguing about the technicalities of the ender animation and will instead just voice his opinion like a regular human being. Whether that be something IG, MS or you like may not be something you can control.

At the end of the day MS should be the ones looking and dealing with the feedback not you.

3 Likes

Every post made can be 1 sentence long, and i would be fine with that. Im not asking any thing extreme.

Im just asking that instead of those quotes i wrote, people just say:
“Something looks off”
“I can see clipping”
“Looks awkward”
“Camera angle is weird”

ANY of those are 10,000x more helpful than what most of these threads say.

They gave us the option to toggle motion blur on/off

Well, that’s something. I honestly didn’t know about that. Seems to be a feature for a few other fighting games, as Tekken has that as well.

Are you sure that’s in the Xbox version?

That is a very basic option and very easy to implement, because it’s post-processing.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, didn’t you join these forums recently? Also, don’t worry. This negativity will pass in the months after S3’s release. This backlash happened in S2 as well.

2 Likes

I love the new ones it really makes the game more dynamic.

Plus it almost…ALMOST…makes up for not adding Ultimates in KI. It makes finishing with LVL4 enders more fun and less boring at the end of matches.

An epic finish to an epic fight.

December. And yes, it will pass, but some of this has crossed into mud-slinging, and should be stopped.

I don’t mind them too much, my main gripe though is that the ender animations look kinda rough. Hopefully they smooth it out by the 29th.

I understand that it’s a work in progress. In its current state it just feels jarring. Kinda hurts my eyes after a while. :frowning: I was initially really kinda happy with the initial reveal. It just got old quick. I’d prefer it to be used as a climatic FINISH HIM sort of ender that happens at the end of the round.
I’ll wait in see, but so far I’ll say this is a raisin cookie in a batch of chocolate chips. Generally discomforting for a while, since I don’t like to as much as the other cookies, but I try not to be picky so I’ll probably eat it anyway.

Maybe it will grow on me.

You make it sound like you are allergic to it. Thats honestly how it sounds. But im sure you have your reasons. As soon as i saw the animations, i thought the same thing. “That looks awesome! It will look even better when they smooth it all out.”

I hate to say I’m allergic to it, but that’s kid a how it sounds huh? :sweat_smile: But yeah it kinda bugged me. I’m not talking “I can’t play this” sort of bugged me, but it gradually turned from “Oooooh!” to “NNNNNYYEEH” for me, if that makes sense.

I look forward to a hypoallergenic version. That’d be swell. It just bugs my special eyes.

1 Like

I hope so but that seems unlikely. It’s obvious they want to emphasize level 4 enders. I don’t like them at all. They serve no competitive value and might actually negatively influence competitive play for some.

The camera moving around so much and panning in and out is distracting and disorienting to me. I feel it takes away the “flow” of the match and might even serve to confuse my timings if I want to go after an immediate setup.

Timings remain the same but my eyes are seeing something intrusive and disorienting happening with the camera, and my mind is not processing this information as the “same timing” despite being the same timing.

I would much prefer a more stationary approach camera wise. Maybe make the emphasis on the hits or sounds or something else for dramatization. The rotating camera is very off putting for me.

Since there’s already a whole thread talking about Lvl 4 enders, this one is basically just unnecessary.

I’m pretty much in agreement with @MrxFlutterShy. They can’t toggle every little thing in the game, unless you want them to spend all their time implementing toggles instead of making the game.

Lvl 4 enders are not all that frequent and the effect doesn’t last any longer than the old level 4 enders. It’s interesting that compared to the crazy fuzzy blobs that obscure everything happening in a KI2 level 4 ender that people would get so upset about this.

2 Likes

Well the competitively we almost never see anything more than a level 2 ender. If the whole “one chance break into set up” style continues to dominate competitive play then the effect doesn’t even really matter.

Also back in season 1 at the DH forums.

I personally think everything looks great so far. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think KI needs to look like it has some absurdly high budget or ridiculous graphics. It has it’s own style and art direction and I think “the look” of everything in this game fits that very well. It looks kind of grimy and gritty, but at the same time it’s gorgeous too.

2 Likes