So, Will The New Lvl 4 Enders Be Optional?

Weird. Guess I’m blind because I think they’re kinda fun. Gives a little more incentive to draw out that combo to get the cool flashy ender.

1 Like

>more options for users to configure the game to match their taste
>JEE, I HOPE NOT

???
How does giving user more control over their experience is a bad thing?

KI is beautiful, it is the best !!! nothing but low budget, only that it is necessary for developers listen more to their fans. We want the best for KI, and to do certain things do not need much money, but if you do something wrong and then you have to fix, spend 2 times the same amount.

Google translate is just not good. XD

When it compromised the artistic vision of the game the game that the developers are trying to present, then it becomes a problem. Hence why they don’t let you play on the training stage, they want the game to be seen in its full glory the way they made it to be seen. The same reason why you can’t disable full-ultras or other such features.

Yeah more options are good but some options are unnecessary.

It’s not the same, turning off full ultras or having an option to peace out of it, while might be nice, affects your opponent. In this case, this option affects you and you only. And let’s not pretend that KI is IG’s magnum opus of artistic expression, it’s just a fighting game that is created for the players and the developers should listen to their feedback. They changed how characters play many a time basing on user feedback, did they compromise their vision? After all, whatever is better for the game and its playerbase.

Just calling it as I see it and I don’t see them adding toggles to their new VFX.

This is getting ridiculous. I hate seeing these threads pop up all the time.

My vote is no. Just leaving it here incase the devs consider this thread as legit feedback.

The new additions are great, and add to the hype of landing a painful combo. Good job devs.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s likely either and it’s pretty bad.
But then again, goes well along the vector Microsoft has been heading recently.

It’s a choice, just never change it from default.

I don’t know how they will handle the default option for characters that don’t have stages. They could have an option to say if “default” means “my character’s music” or “the selected stage’s music” just like SFV does, but my guess is that if you never change the option from default then you won’t ever hear the music of stageless characters.

About your other points some I agree and others I don’t but I do understand why you think so. I particularly liked the lvl4 ender animations - KI needs this kind of thing to compete with other also flashy fighting games out there - but I do see why some would find them annoying and that they break the flow of the match.

It doesn’t. KI carved out its own niche of flashiness with crazy particle effects. Now KI is infringing on MKX territory with zero chances to compete by bringing a toy knife to a gun fight. MKX x-rays and fatalities look superb, and they even sacrificed framerate to make them look as good as possible. Aping another game and failing at that doesn’t give any competitive advantage,

2 Likes

I bet you are also one of those people who use the word “cringe-worthy” all the time.

Just another person who cant appreciate any attempts to do something right unless it is perfect. You see everything in a negative light.

Get out of that “everything is embarrassing” attitude and enjoy the game, why dont you?

THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD. EVERYONE WHO LOOKS AT OTHER PEOPLES ATTEMPTS AT BEING GREAT, AND THINKS “THATS SO SAD AND CRINGE-WORTHY AND LOW-BUDGET AND EMBARRASSING”…

#YOU’RE EMBARRASSING!

6 Likes

I’m with you on the sound. Hopefully we can get a community fund going for another few stages.

But what if we just don’t like it?
I mean, I’ve loved just about everything else this side of having my Wulf nerfed in the Season 3 news train.
I just don’t think the new ender effects look very good. Needs serious adjustments or my eyes are not going to be happy.

1 Like

Am guessing you read my comment on the other thread. Unfortunately if you are into anything related to design it’s your job to look at the smallest of details and try to adjust them. There are many things KI has that I can overlook. Heck the typography used on the “Vs” on the loading screen today yeah sure ignore that. But something that am forced to see in every game that’s on the level of that new ender animation. It’s unbearable. Try talking to someone who works specifically with typography, they’ll find the smallest of things to pick apart, it’s their job to look at the Kerning which is the spacing in between letters. Unfortunately for KI, I feel the game has no equivalent that looks at the smallest details and tries to adjust it.

Personally, I think you need to stop playing PR control. If they are indeed polishing the game then let them continue to hear our feedback instead of trying to stop anyone from saying anything negative about the game. Maybe on this forum you feel like you can control what others think but in real life you’re going to have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with what you say or think. Stop embarrassing yourself.

If you really love KI then you would accept criticism and accept that the game has flaws.

4 Likes

Just like EVERYTHING else in the game, it is a Work In Progress. EVERYTHING people have complained about has been polished off. This will too.

And also: the animations take like 1.5 seconds, and the effects arent even the main focus of the animation. they cant look that bad without focus on them SUPER hard. And i doubt that will ever happen in mid-match.

I am sorry, but this is delusional. TJ and Maya animations? Countless bugs and inconsistencies with Ultra music? Hundred of other unfixed bugs?

2 Likes

Exactly. “Hi I’m a fan of this game but please never ever change anything.”

Not even close. But nice assumptions. I stick by everything i said.

Saying “i think this could be improved” is one thing.

But im tired of hearing: “do i really have to look at this?”
“its so sad, they are trying so hard to make the game look good”
“its co cringeworthy and low budget”
“Eeew, a new animation? They must be getting desperate”
“This 1.5 second animation is PROOF that this game is dying.”

Im a nice person, a REALLY nice person. But everyone with these attitudes can just SHUT THE F*** UP.

Honest truth.
I’ll never back down from it.
These people are not helpful, they are annoying. I know what truly helpful criticism looks like, and they DONT provide it.
As of THIS post, I am done with everyone in threads like this. No more posts from me, except to say “I think everything is fine.”

3 Likes

Sorry, on this one i meant RECENT things. season three faces, clipping, and animations.

I am aware about the other unfixed things. I just failed to word my post correctly.

You are correct.