So tea-bagging is (not) banned at KIWC apparently

Ehhhh…

5 Likes

lmao

The soft-skins are fighting back, what’s next no taunts or ultras?
(Not that people teabag, taunt or ultra in competitions anyway)

2 Likes

One step closer to becoming smash :V

2 Likes

KI is about fun douchery? First I’ve heard about that…

While I’m not really a fan of t-bagging, banning anyone who does it is a bit of an extreme measure.

5 Likes

Who exactly are the TO’s responsible for this rule? I’d like to hear the reasoning

I don’t know at the moment, but all I know is it’s a silly rule.

[quote=“darkfoxinvid, post:4, topic:18050”]
KI is about fun douchery? First I’ve heard about that…
[/quote]Well I mean our game is kind of silly compared to the more serious ones, we’ve got werewolves teabagging robots and skeletons doing crazy ultra combos on the human torch. KI has always been the “fun uncle” of the fighting game genre, that’s why I always loved it so much, it doesn’t take itself all to seriously. That’s why I think its hilarious when people whine about teabagging and ultra combos.

3 Likes

Tea-bagging is one of the ways to hype up the match even more.

This so much!

Mid-combo tea-bagging takes skill, same with mid-combo taunts (these are my favorite).

It can’t be that tea-bagging is banned. I can’t believe that.

…wat…

Who runs KIWC that forwarded the rule with the pretense that teabagging was detrimental to the game and it’s competitors?

Yeah at first glance, but maybe they’re trying to prevent fights. There are a lot of people that compete at the last chance qualifier and I know firsthand the rage inducing nature of t-bags

Then maybe they should ban fighting in tournament. Real fights of course…

3 Likes

I think that’s already banned, and also a felony lol

2 Likes

Hyped or not, I think T-bagging is considered as trashtalking and unprofessional on a competitive scene.
With that, it’s mainly considered by most of players as a toxic behavior.
Instead of a simple taunt or spamming taunt (hey Rash), T-bagging is truly turned into toxic/trolling stuff…

(Example: I rarely see someone on LoL spamming his taunt with his symbol or w/e taunt when he’s killing)
In MvC tour, we saw few taunts (hey Magneto and Deadpool) but that’s it. It was truly fair and untoxic, instead of t-bagging…

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Jeffrey and I am a professional T-bagger. Started T-bagging few years ago and I find this insulting to banned the only thing I am good at. Back in my days people used to answer me with a perfect victory and taunt back at me. I guess you are all too emotional to take a game for what it is; a game.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to have this discussion again.

Tea bagging and taunting is a player by player thing. Not every player likes it, not every player does it; that doesn’t mean it’s not done, nor does it mean that there aren’t some who enjoy it.

You say “T-bagging is considered as trash talking and unprofessional on a competitive scene?” Have you never watched a boxing promo? Or an MMA promo?

“Professional competitors”, even champions, taunt and trash talk all the time. Maybe it is new to you, or you see it some how differently in the “Esports” scene, but that doesn’t change or erase the fact that “villains” ALWAYS bring hype, or that just generally some people like the display.

5 Likes

Teabagging accomplishes nothing except driving new players away from the game. :unamused:

9 Likes

You still can multiple ultra tho.

Rotendo and Brandon of Ultra Arcade.