So Rash's retro costume is just a retexture with less detail?

Well, they confirmed it is nearly Exact to KI2, so Kim’s will literally be her in KI2 outfit. Which is what EVERYONE wants…

/back on topic

What if Rash had a trench coat or something like that? LOL Then he could be Neo, however a Frog version of course…

2 Likes

He’s a BattleToad, That is perfect for a retro/default comparison… what else can they do? The additional detail for his default show how much work was put into such a simple character, remember the era of graphics that this character originates from… this forum needs more constructive discussion rather than complaints, everywhere

1 Like

Just as they did with the other costumes they could have easily changed his face a bit to make it look less cartoony or SOMETHING. Using the exact same model with a new texture doesn’t really make it a new costume worth paying for.

1 Like

[quote=“paintwaster2, post:3, topic:4605, full:true”]
To be fair, Rash had slime to no changes of his appearance in any of the Battletoad games. You can understand that IG doesn’t want his retro to be entirely different or off putting to the character. In short, not much they’ve could have done about it.
[/quote]I hink this is true.

His reto basically is meant to make him look more cartoony which I can understand.

But exactly how could they make his new look different without taking track from his general appearance in the original games?

this is a guest were talking about even his modern look has to look like what he would generally look like in the old games.

1 Like

Im sure they could have figured out something kick asss. Maybe they will once its released? Maybe the accessories will make the difference?

Apprantley Adamn mentioned smething about the accessories. I suppose we’ll just wait and see.

4 Likes

Well they want Rash to look like Rash, and Rash has ever only had one look.

It could be worse, they could have gone the route of the Michael bay ninja turtles…

1 Like

Well yeah I know that Rash needs to look like Rash but if they expect people to pay for a costume I’d hope it would be more than a retexture.

Really disappointed in his modern costume. The retro is fine because thats how Rash looked, but I expected I-to-the-G to go all out on his modern costume.

Months ago, after Rash’s beta was over I made a suggestion that his modern costume could wear the accessories of all the toads. Pimple’s forearm guards, Zitz’s gloves and in some old Battletlads artwork you see some of the toads wearing red panties.

I also made the suggestion that the retro costume should have the ramhorns and big boot to be green (or atleast the same colour as retro Rash, whatever colour option you pick), and that modern Rash would have the brown ramhorns and a black big boot.

1 Like

The level of dissatisfaction here is exhausting and it’s not even my work being smashed on.

1 Like

Retro Accessories in this game are always WACKY AS SH** so
#JUST IMAGINE WHAT RASH WILL GET!

I bet at least one of his retro accessory sets wil reskin him to be a totally new character.

I think we can expect a ninja turtle set :joy:

1 Like

I just want to say that I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything, I’m sure that the devs will make the accessories worth the money I was just a little disappointed that there wasn’t more to the costume. I had high hopes they would have re-envisioned his default costume into something crazy looking, not just the retro with a more detailed skin that’s been in the game since the Rash beta.

1 Like

Hey, Maya’s is really close to her KI2 outfit and it looks amazing. I wouldn’t knock it until I see it. Optimism works sometimes, people.

As for Rash, there’s nothing else you can really do, I suppose. His design hasn’t really changed all that wildly over Rare’s games, or in his cameo appearance in Shovel Knight. I’m sure all the great stuff will be in the accessories!

3 Likes

lol and ironically it’s a retro that is “100 percent like the original” huehuehuehuehuehuehueh- joking aside I honestly am not bothered by this

well since he’s a GUEST! I assume they wanted to not stretch to far and risk ■■■■■■■ off his fanbase? though there’s always possible accessories of all the different toads in the modern version so you can make a whole new toad in that since.

Unlike the KI cast which offers more freedom of working with rash isn’t part of KI originally and as a guest one has to be careful with him visually

1 Like

It’s not an issue with the quality of work done. It’s an issue with the nature of the character. The character himself was a bad idea, in my opinion.
I’m not sure what sort of expectations some of you had for a Battletoad in KI, but frankly I’m surprised they made him look as good as they did.

It looked like his ‘skin’ was definitely slick and wet looking in the Keits overview at kicup .also the digital netting was present, so I think his skin did look updated.
What other clothing do you guys feel a frog should wear???
A mad max helmet or maybe a crooked prince crown lol j/k
I’m just mad he has 2 taunts. Don’t plan to use him like AGANOS but oh well

Omen didn’t get many acc and I was hoping Maya would have the same length of hair she had in KI2 instead of Olivia Newton John physical hair but oh well the default is amazing :grin:

Heres hoping KIM will have badazzz accessories !!!

As a huge battletoads fan I am disappointed by how lazy his normal costume is. look at Arbiter and how much detail was put into him. They could have at least removed the belt for his retro to at least be more accurate to his original look, he never wore a belt, his normal costume can keep the belt. I am not just saying that because I want his retro to be perfect but because of how hard it will be to tell him apart in mirror matches on certain stages. Removing the belt can easily remove that issue.

I am still disappointed modern rash is just a different color. In the end I want them to at least remove the belt from retro rash, have his accessories actually make him the other 2 toads EX. Accessory set one is gloves and no glasses and a slightly changed face, and the belt to give us zitz. accessory set 2 is for pimple, and the third one is rashes spiked elbow pads. If they do that I can forgive them cause that would be awesome.

2 Likes

Doing ANYTHING besides a straight retexture would have been nice. I was hoping his face and teeth would have been a little different on the default, less cartoony. I love the retro but they’re the same exact thing.