So more top players are taking a break from the game. Lets talk about why that is fine

Yes, the game is still not out yet :sweat_smile:

I didnā€™t touch KI since april, the game is absolutely vomit for me now i just canā€™t no moreā€¦

Maybe iā€™ll play a new KI again if it comes back to a Season 1.5

Go post here then or something

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c2167ca3648e64b98008edc477e87c62&board=115.0

Because hearing you say how you dont like KI anymore is quite frankly getting tiresome, and doesnt add anything to the conversations here. I dont hang around in forums anymore if Iā€™m not interested/playing what they are forā€¦neither should you.

1 Like

Yes you right maybe itā€™s dumb and selfish lol iā€™ll stop it.

But really i used to love KI, sadlyā€¦

I donā€™t see any problem with this in the slightest.

This is pretty common in fighting games and frustration stemming from it comes from a misunderstanding of what a player is guaranteed after starting a hit sequence.

In MKX things like Sonya nades, Cyrax bombs, and Cassie missiles can hit you out of a punish. Starting a string does not guarantee you will finish that string if the opponent was able to get out an asynchronous projectile that can hit you even while theyā€™re in hit state.

2 Likes

Appreciate it, too bad you dont like it anymore, maybe itā€™ll change when/if there is a season 4. Hope kof 14 is everything you hope it to be :grin:

2 Likes

Of course it is, mind game and ground game, not too long combos and no easy cross-upā€¦

Characters, stages, musics, are sick.

it reminds me a lot of KOF 98 and 02, and the game is made by SNK kids.

KI needs to be a serious fighting game again, a real new game on Scorpio, without all the bullsh*t that started in the end of Season 2. a new and better KI Season 1.5 and without Combo Assist and a true ranked mode like S1.

Letā€™s go Keiths !

i know itā€™s M$ fault. They ruin everything for $$$, Halo, Gears of Wars, Forza, and now KIā€¦

Sounds like a fun game, too bad I dont have a Playstation, and for the record, I dont mind you talking about kof 14 here, youā€™re obviously enthusiastic about it, maybe the game is a better fit for you overall.

As a side note: Combo assist works great for me personally. Iā€™m not someone who has a lot of time just to play KI (its my one constant game, but I play many others) andā€¦real life gets in the way often aswell. And therefore Combo assist is basically what is keeping me playing the game regularly and makes it easy to pick up and play when I want, it doesnt make me great, since I still cant beat really good players, its not a win toggle. So why do you have a problem with it? In the end what matters most in fighting games is timing/anticipation/keeping your calm/etcā€¦
So basically all it does is bring (and keep) people in the community making it more healthy, at least, thats how I see itā€¦

Because we all know the very best KI players all cheat and use combo assist to get easy winsā€¦ :smirk:

5 Likes

Combo assist is so old its like non existent. No one uses it in person and if you encounter someone on line you dont even know it. And if they beat you with it onā€¦ well they beat you and were better than you in that match.
Its definitely not something to worry about or complain about.

We get it you dont like KI anymoreā€¦ please move on and stop letting it rule your life. If you need helpā€¦just ask.

Pray 4 @SonicBros3D he is so butthurt that KI gave him colon cancer.

1 Like

lol i know youā€™re gonna miss me right ;(

I am taking a break because i am waiting for shadow lords mode :slight_smile:

yea i dont understand wat is wrong with combo assist. i mean its an optional function you can use. i mean its like the easy function on MVC. youre feeling lazy and just wanna press buttons without motions

Here comes my 2 cents:

There are 2 kinds of Pro-players:
-The ones who are honorables, giving decents criticisms/arguements based on KIā€™ past/present, and dependng of what kind of public it hits.
-The others, who thinks devā€™s care of them because they were here since S1/beta, and give personal arguments only based on their feelings/past games.

The fact is those players is the most dangerous being. Because theyā€™re using of their famous status to claim what a FG should be in their eyes, and not what KI can be.
====>KI is KI. KoF is KoF. SF is SF. GGX is GGX (Guilty Gear). MKX is MKX.
Every fighting game is different and adressed to different kind of people.
And when people understand that fact, every FG should be better/different/great than ever.

Personal note:
I followed KI since they announced the season 1 (even if i didnā€™t have a Xbox).
Iā€™m a KI fan. I understand some decisions like Ranked system changes and Combo Assist.
But those changes were necessary. Why?

An example: The Ranked league change (old 1.5 RS vs S3 RS).
Some people are strongly disagree with this.
I can understand that, but NOT ANYONE is a hardcore player.
Same with Combo assist.
You think Combo is easy to do. I agree with you, because i grew with Snes KI and this combo system.
But the newcomer/casual guy will certainly not being adapted to this in two days.
Give them a break.

Some arguments will be more adjusted, depending of the game itself, and not what you think the game should be.
I see KI like a cool and unique game, based on a UNIQUE combo system, and thatā€™s KI is KI.
KI isnā€™t SF/MK/ < insert fighting game >.
The cool thing is:

With S3 additions (Combo assist/Ranked changes/Ender animation), KI is now a game who can be addressed to ANYONE who likes the universe/combo system.

Kim Wu

2 Likes

ohhhh, I get it.

So itā€™s OK for you to voice your opinions, but not OK for ā€œthe veteransā€ to do so?

Gotcha.

3 Likes

Literally no one is this thread said that.

2 Likes

thumbs upto you sir!

As i said:

There are 2 kinds of Pro-players:
-The ones who are honorables, giving decents criticisms/arguements based on KIā€™ past/present, and dependng of what kind of public it hits.
-The others, who thinks devā€™s care of them because they were here since S1/beta, and give personal arguments only based on their feelings/past games.

What i mean is:
Veterans are as legit as new players to give their opinions, but if some veteran is telling something like:
ā€œHey, It should be like SFV because iā€™m veteran/pro. iā€™m here from beta etcā€. I think itā€™s kinda dumb.

As OP said, they should give the example for fair/valid arguments instead of ā€œgiving an opinion based on their own statusā€.

Edit: Of course, itā€™s an example and my opinion.
But some players (not necessary KI players) are like this.
Itā€™s not a KI exception, lol.