So more top players are taking a break from the game. Lets talk about why that is fine

Perhaps because this situation will occur more often than her grenades.

While similar to Orchid’s grenades, the minions can act in free will or by command while the grenade is under a set timer and distance. The grenade example does and can showcase the similar scenario, but is only there for a set time unlike the minions which gradually make their way in as the match continues.

Just as an example to the topic

I really like watching how these players deal between them in top fights, but if I don’t like the characters getting to the finals…Meh, I’ll be kind of dissapointed. Even though I don’t deny the players skill, which is always nice to watch.

On my side: this KI has become my most frustrating of all time, and keeps on going so far. Lets see what happens.

I just want to add that Omen’s Rashukens can hit opponents out of thier enders too. It part of Omen’s character for his offense to be chaotic and random. The challenge for the player is to control that chaos. I would be pretty pissed if they took that away from him.

3 Likes

Not really - the minions still follow a set of rules. For example, there is a very specific time and spacing for when they will actually poke/jump you, and while they can be commanded, that’s simply a matter of watching Gargos to see if the command is given (as well as which 1). The minions will generally attack when they get within sweep range, and usually only do so every couple of seconds, so it’s entirely possible to time them properly, like with Orchid’s grenade. The only real difference is that Gargos can put 2 minions in play, which off-sets the timing a bit (but is still very much managable if you’re paying attention), since the 2nd minion can attack when the 1st isn’t, whereas Orchid can only put out 1 grenade at a time. Furthermore (your probably already knew this though), I recently learned that even if a minion is behind you, you still block away from whichever side your opponent (Gargos in this case) is on - so if the minion is behind you and Gargos is in front of you, you’d block by holding back away from Gargos. :wink:

1 Like

While the thought of being vulnerable during an ender sits weirdly for me, I don’t think getting hit by Gargos’ minions is that bad.

I don’t often agree with Geek, but he’s right about it being your fault if you decide to combo Gargos with his minions nearby. Even just knocking them down once in the process of doing your combo should be sufficient to squeak an ender in before they attack you again.
If you don’t have time to get through an ender, either reset the combo yourself before the minion does, or do a shadow uppercut if your character has one, or its equivalent.

Anyways, good thread. I agree, pros shouldn’t have the final say on everything. New eyes and blood are needed to keep the grandpas in check and actually teach them new tricks now and then.

1 Like

im surprised no one has mentioned that minons also cost shadow meter to summon them in the first place, i kinda expect them to do awesome stuff if i spent meter on them

2 Likes

Amen.

I am not saying people shouldn’t’ have opinions but if your complaint essentially comes down to “Ki needs to be more like SF or some other game” I really don’t want to hear it. If you think it needs to be SF go play SF, let KI be KI.

2 Likes

I think the possibility to break a combo is awesome enough.

yea that is my argument, ive spent meter on them so the possibilty getting me out of ender is pretty balanced

From season 1 to season 3 I think we’ve seen quite a transition in the quality and type of players taking Killer Instinct seriously. Season 1 was basically a dumping ground for Street Fighter pros tired of 4, using all the same techniques. Season 2 saw those players phased out in favor of general competitive/esports players who liked the injection of new content or found the game interesting. Now in Season 3 those players still exist and are very good but there’s brand new players just killing it in tournaments. At this point most people would call KI their main game, that’s pretty cool. Any fundamental changes to the game would likely shake up the scene quite a bit which would be a shame.

1 Like

Season 1 already felt a lot like SF when you first picked up the controls, Jago’s still in the game, and ever since then I’ve been privy to the bitching of several people I know who preferred the way it was in Season 1. By no coincidence whatsoever these people all main Street Fighter. Hell, now that we have Flipout you can argue it’s even more Street Fightery than before in that aspect.

Also, I find that a lot of the criticism of S2 and 3 are from people who don’t even fully understand the system changes in the first place. I still hear people complaining about Combo Assist being unfair.

1 Like

gargos arbiter and omen at high level are not fun to fight in any way, shape or form, i love ig and the great job they have done with ki , but i am not a fan of those characters. i appreciate their creativity but those characters are abt as fun to fight as wulf kanra maya and fulgore season 2

This is exactly the problem, ignorance. What saddens me the most is the intended audience is missing out. You can tell just by playing that this game is being made by fgc enthusiasts and vets. They have found a way to incorporate and innovate various character archetypes and fg sub genres into one game and make it balanced due to a very unique universal combat system. Every mu in ki feels like a different game.

I feel like this game is a fg fan game, not a (insert fg) fan game.

It’s sad that only “nerds” and asians currently “get it”.

2 Likes

I’m a nerdy Asian, so does that mean I double “get it”? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here for relevance.

2 Likes

Should’ve ended your combo early with a hard knockdown once you saw the minion appear so you can take the little guy out. :wink:

3 Likes

Me too. :cool:

These pro gamers complaining about ‘X’ game and its changes is no different than way back when SF3:NG came out, and people were complaining about it “not being ST or Alpha”, or the vast different between JoJo All Stars and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, MvC3 to MvC2, MK4 to UMK3, Brawl to Melee, etc. The list goes on and on. This is nothing new. For those who compete (or play casually) and have problems with the changes, voice your opinions in a civil and constructive manner with legitimate ideas to make the game better, and either stick with the game (and adapt), or quietly depart and pick up another game.

Situations like these are very delicate to the scene overall, and if not handled properly, it can cause a major “rift”, similar to the one had with KOF players (a.k.a. - KOF02 vs KOF98). To this day, there are pockets within the community that quarrel over which version was more “solid” (I’m paraphrasing).

1 Like

The thing that is fine, is the new KOF 14 is coming soon BOYZ !

Thanks god to save me from all these boring fighting games this generation.

Don’t like KI anymore, didn’t buy S3 and will problably never do.

Yet you keep posting here…

2 Likes