So I was fighting Aria as Kim Wu and I tried to counter her range attack

First of all, this should be reported in the bug-reporting thread in the feedback and suggestions sub–forum where the devs expect to hear about this kind of thing.

That being said, I tested this myself in practice mode. Using various strengths of firecracker, they never deflected ARIA’s bass assist projectiles. Considering that those projectiles are supposed to be sound-waves (you can’t really deflect sound), that makes sense, IMO. However, when I did the shadow firecracker against the same attack, I still took the hit from the projectle, but also deflected it; 3 dragons appeared. The crash, however did not. So, I tried it about 2 more times. Within I’d say about 30 seconds or so, the game finally did crash, and did so with a very loud and annoying buzzing noise. I only tested this once, but it should be enough to confirm your own tests.

Furthermore, it’s probably worth noting that this is not just a bug on PC, as I’m on the Xbox One. Please copy and paste this post, as a quote, along with yours, in the bug reporting thread in the feedback and suggestions sub-forum.