So, I think Capcom's at it again

Dude, I still get jittery matches. Its crazy. For me, it is like the bars mean nothing.

For Xrd on PC, the netcode is kinda ok. But it is hard to find somebody on my skill level. I usually just get murked.

Well I honestly expect this, especially if it’s following down the path of KI. I’ve simply got tired of SF after so many years. Will I even pick up SF5? I’ll think about that down the road.

Until then I can kinda see why IGN is so heavy against Capcom, hell these last few years have NOT been kind to them.

Whether Capcom intended Alex’s release to be “competing” with the launch of Season 3 or not, I think most people who are current KI players or new KI players (particularly the PC crowd) and also play SF will spend some time on launch day trying out Alex; but I think that will pale in terms of how long they will be playing KI.

A Season’s launch offers so much more content and things to do than a single character. We’ll have to see what happens when the next KI and SF characters launch down the line,though.

3 Likes

The reason we all think this will happen is because Capcom opened up the SFV beta during the KI World Cup and it was completely unannounced before hand.

2 Likes

Well then. Remember Sony is in cahoots with SF5 too so they could be part of trying to distract from MS’s big fighter.

I do have SFV mainly for hot Ryu and upcoming purchases of battle costumes for Cammy & Chun

But I feel they dropped the ball on Alex design. That hair is unforgivable.

He looks good build wise but that’s just not right.

I know KI will have my attention because I don’t ever feel like grinding 28 of 30 one bout matches only to get to Kyle difficulty and not have anything to show for it. All for a set of three colors. Done.

id expect SF5’s release to be on the 29th, because its tuesday. lol, see what i did there?

also yes, they really screwed up alex’s design with his hair really bad. he looks so damn stupid it is very hard for me to take him seriously! i was gonna play him too, now im just gonna use my fight money on laura’s beach costume. seriously, who the hell thought it was a good idea to give alex that hair style? what was so hard about just keeping him with the same one from SF3? lol cmon crapcom

3 Likes

Season 1 had launch glitches, but not the ones you are talking about… The jail system didn’t even make an appearance until 2014.

2 Likes

well I got a decent connection (100down/10up fiber) and only 5 works fine for me.

Exactly that:)

People who play both games are probably going to try out both. I can’t see Alex “stealing” anybody away from S3 launch. If you bought S3 (and are getting Alex) you will probably be trying both. Hell, if I was getting Alex (I’m not wasting FM on him, I don’t like him one bit) I would probably try him out first just to get him out of the way so I can spend the rest of my time on the awesomeness that is S3 lol

I guess it also depends on what your primary game is too though

2 Likes

Nobody believes that regardless if thats capcom official statement.

certainly they helped with marketing and money for the pro tour

not arguing against that but do you believe capcom couldnt do it themselves? Its Street Fighter, not dead rising, its one of the two only capcom franchises that are still relevant today, probably more so than RE, not in terms of sales but anything else.

dunno, rumor has it that they were in big financial trouble as a Whole… anyway all we can do is try to guess

I know, thats why theysaid they discontinued all their games that sold less than 2Million which are all but RE and SF but then like 6 months later SF was announced as a PS exclusive.

it’s sad indeed… I miss the days when people said “number 1 Ryu on xbox live” and meant the best online ryu period:P

Correction, YOU don’t believe that. You do not speak for anyone but yourself my friend. Most people believe what they can know and that is two things.

1. Capcom is in a financial struggle
  2. Sony in fact helped fund SFV from it’s inception as stated by more than one source from capcom one of the most reliable in my opinion, Combofiend, who himself was a part of the games creation.

How much Sony actually funded whether it a majority or just enough to earn itself exclusivity is anyone’s guess.

That’s pretty much paranoia.

The reason Alex and the SFV March update are most likely arriving the 29th is because that’s when PSN store updates on top of the fact that Capcom doesn’t want a new character and balance changes to occur within a week of a Capcom Cup Qualifier since there was one this past weekend and another this coming weekend.

Most people are pretty fed up about how hush hush Capcom has been with Alex though. No trailer or solid release date, nearly two weeks without a SFV community update, only a list of his moves and some screens. As quiet as IG has been about Season 3 , they’ve certainly done a better job at keeping the community informed compared to Capcom.