So how do you feel about S3 and the balance changes on your mains so far?

I’m able to play on PC while blasting skyrim music and crushing Kim Wu with tusk at 60fps.

Gawd I’m miserable. 5/7 too much punching.

Having a difficult time adjusting to spinals changes. The curses can sometimes seem useless in the sense that if someone already has full instinct or shadow meter it does nothing. Not to mention if you get hit with any kind of combo or shadow move they are pretty much just wasted skulls. Seems like they are better used for set ups and to just go for the damage now but I’m still trying to get used to it. Alot of old habits I need to break since I have been using him primarily since he launched.

This is called “hit confirming” and it’s relatively easy for Aganos to chunk on block or shadow ND on hit. You have a decent amount of time (probably half a second or so).

Also, you’ll have to call me skeptical that you don’t have enough time to chunk on hit as well. Next time I think about it I’ll test it.

Seems like no one has mentioned Wulf yet. Probably because all Wulf mains have either switched or they have all just quit playing the game. So, I’ll go ahead and speak for all of us and say HE SUCKS now. Plays like he has 15 pound weights on his ankles. Juggle combos do crap damage despite IG wanting to emphasize this gameplay aspect for season 3. And my poor dog’s instinct got neutered in all respects.

So to IG I say:

1 Like

Welcome to the club man Wulf and Kan-Ra got nerfed the hardest in S3 which arguably were top 5 in S2 but they both are now like maybe mid tier or lower.

1 Like

I didn’t generally like Hisako’s changes, but I have to say that I’ve been warming up to them.

The staggers aren’t super useful (she got similar things off her counter hits in S2), but flip out is incredible :slight_smile: The change to wrath forces a different speed of play with her, but because it comes back so much faster you’re actually more free to use her fantastic pokes.

The low counter nerf is tough but fair. The start-up increases to the medium and heavy air-ORZ’s kind of suck, but they both (and heavy in particular) got great hitbox buffs as well. Heavy ORZ covers damn near half the screen now - the vertical hitbox is pretty insane. And though we aren’t plus after them, if done at a good range you actually get a pretty guaranteed command grab now if the opponent blocks it.

So all in all I’m finding that I really like Hisako in S3. She lost things, but got a lot of other stuff that’s really fun to use. You have to play her a bit more thoughtful on both offense and defense, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. :slight_smile:

what unlisted nerfs???

Played MyGod last night. The wulf is still crazy good, just not broken. He isn’t switching.

I thought Mygod was going to another character?

doesn’t seem like it. He plays other chars too such as Jago.

Lol I’m so used him playing Wulf can’t picture him playing anyone else. :wink: Cool he’s staying with the Wulf.

1 Like

There are changes that were not listed, and some that were listed, but didn’t take effect.

Omen has 2 as far as I can tell.
His orda does not travel all the way over him any more, and Shadow Orda disappears faster

2 Likes

cool thanks

so far so good for me and my group of fighters! loving S3 :sunglasses:

I love the new tools Fulgore, Cinder and Riptor got. The new moves and stuff just add new twists to gameplay. It may not do a whole alot in some match-ups like Fulgore V. Sadira, but on the end side I’ve found ways to keep that spider b#@$% off my head.

1 Like

Omen also got also some frames nerfs on Orda Shield (or Shadow Orda?, the one that doesn’t use meter), can’t pull this fancy screen reset anymore
f.HP, Heavy Orda Shield, j.HK do throw your opponent to far other side

not a big loss, but I liked, was fancy ahaha

I cant REALLY confirm this one, but I think Orda got a change where it doesn’t hit consistently any more. All three hits may happen at once, or separately. That makes the launch angles different every time, and makes follow-ups difficult.

You should add this and the other Omen undocumented changes you’ve noticed to the bug forum. We generally don’t make undocumented changes intentionally.

3 Likes

Im hip. I was so mad about the shadow orda shield timing.

seriously in all honesty " i just like the redesign and new mechanics. for the rest i prefer so far S2 . they nerfed alot some characters who didn’t need that, because they games plays was already complicate and difficult to set up and now we have complicate difficult to set up +nerf

(anyway im nope the creator ,from the devs team then i do no have anything to say about cause its gonna change nothing !!! . and they limited some characters capacity.

and in the same time as u said i feel like hisako has been buffed. now i can give easily 60% damage shadow include (try to do the same with others characters from s2 or even s1 (maybe glacius with 2 shadows) i do no even speak about the 4 new arrivals who are just DAMAGES SOCIETY = and im sure thats one of the reason why peoples are playin them for now. thatsn’t just beacause they are new.

u can compare with the arrival of cinder ,maya or hisako or even aganos in s2 or even kan ra ( no much peoples played them because they was difficult to handles for some of them and did no enough damage for the other.

MY LAST HOPE ( THEY GONNA MAKE OTHER CHANGES SOON TO REEQUILIBRATE IT AND REVIEW SOME NERFED CHARACTERS) TILL THERE I JUST STOP PLAYIN MY 2 EX MAINS. AND LOOK UP WHATS GOIN ON .

MAYBE THE WAY SOME OF THEM HAS BEEN NERFED LET FEEL LIKE WE GONNA HAVE A TAG TEAM MODE.(I THIS CASE I COULD UNDERSTAND ALL CHANGES)