SNES mini

Same here, except for the fact that I never even got one in my cart. I’m really getting tired of trying to order anything from Nintendo. I went to a video game swap meet last weekend. Should’ve just bout a regular SNES. :frowning:

1 Like

Target and Walmart, same thing. I had one in my cart, and they were sold out by the time I could finish my order. Gamestop’s site was touch & go for awhile so it was hard to get in, and then the whole site crashed.

i was gonna get multiple snes and scalp that ■■■■, need money lmao

1 Like

I have that one my Iphone. :smiley: FF7 port for Iphone is MUCH better though. The controls for FF6 are infuriating.

Despite the preorders selling out in minutes, the ad for the SNES mini is a pretty sweet throwback to their marketing back in the 90’s:

If you ask me though, KI’s soundtrack was one of the cornerstones of their “Play it Loud” marketing campaign, and sadly it’s not on the system…not officially anyway. I fully intend to hack it when I finally get one and load KI on it.

1 Like

I gotta add this:

1 Like

It’s better for the pc.

I have emulators if I want to play these games, giving me a better experience overall than this overpriced retro-rider bait.

1 Like

So do I, along with several complete rom sets, SNES included. I also have an original NES, Retron 2, Genesis model 2 (along with flash cart), hooked up to a CRT. But I also have a NES classic, and I dunno…it’s kinda like having my own arcade cabinet…even though I’m using roms and emulators something about it just feels more authentic than using a stand-alone emulator.

That’s your rose-coloured glasses talking.

… I know, it’s weird, talking glasses and all that, but believe me…

Well, even still I’ve really enjoyed my NES mini so far and I expect to do the same with the SNES mini.

I just want to support the devs when I can.

When the devs are re-releasing old games and trying to make it seem exclusive so the retro-riders can feel all special and starts throwing money at them, then I don’t care, tbh.

It’s basically an emulator in a small cheap plastic container you can hook up to a screen. Let’s not try and make it into something it’s not.

1 Like

I guess that’s a good point.

I’ll see…

Sorry for sounding harsh though. I’m not mad at any of you guys, it’s the whole practise that kinda pees me off. It’s all for money-grabbing, and Nintendo is playing on it heavily, because they know people will buy into it.

And I am sorry if it offends any of you, but the people buying into it, these retro-riders… I just think it’s stupid. Of course, people can do whatever they want with their money. But personally, I think it’s a complete waste of money.

2 Likes

No. I somewhat agree.

I was just saying… It’s just hard to get a real copy of FFVI.

Hence emulators.

I don’t condone piracy though. But I also don’t condone companies overpricing their products because they know they can squeeze the pennies out of people.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s not really that people are clamoring over these things that’s really the issue, it’s that Nintendo is choking the supply of them. If you could simply walk into any store and buy one on a whim because you thought it was neat like all the hundreds of other plug & play devices that have been around for over a decade it’d be a simple novelty. But as usual they’re choking the supply and doing nothing towards letting scalpers buy up dozens to hundreds of them to flip on ebay for $300 a pop.

I guess you could say the good thing about buying one at an overinflated price is that if the need ever came you could likely get all your money back, since they’ll likely only ever go up in price… :confused:

Related:

I have both a RPi and a NES mini, while a RPi has been a neat little project, it’s about like saying “Hey, I know you want the latest major console, but how about you just build your own PC instead?” complete with all the headaches inherent with building one and setting it up to suit your needs. And while the claim is “It’s only $35” sounds nice on paper, all the accessories needed to run it such as a case, power supply, controllers, miniSD cards, etc., start to add up quickly. The initial appeal with the NES/SNES minis are that they are plug’n’play devices. They’re simple, they work perfectly right out of the box, no hassle aside from the shortage, and as a bonus if you want to hack them you can add more games.

Plus there’s this:

Along with this Reggie made a statement, though I can’t find a link to it at the moment, urging people not to go to scalpers saying they shouldn’t pay more than retail for them, and throwing all the retailers under the bus for their crappy preorder shenanigans to boot .
Which all things point to internally someone at Nintendo is trying to do a big push telling the geniuses that saw this classic minis as a quick throw-away project that they’re sitting on a gold mine. The claim since the get-go was that the initial shipment of SNES minis will be more than the entire run of NES minis last year. So my guess is everything is going to be gravy, but the preorder fiasco was still a hot mess.