Smash Ultimate

I know this has been probably been said a bunch…but I’m becoming a Mii Gunner main.

Sans is all I ever needed

I would’ve preferred Kyo myself.

I’m glad to see that they acknowledge the importance of all those characters though

Their logic tends to be “If this character isn’t outright owned by Nintendo, then they’re a guest”. That’s why Snake and Ryu would be considered guests but not Bayo, since Nintendo bought her IP.

Gonna be honest, because of the fact that Terry is also in Fighting Layer EX I would have preferred Kyo or Iori to be in Smash instead. That said I’m not bitter since Terry was my main in KoF 98’, but I’m sure a lot of people felt the same way (not counting the thousands who literally don’t know who Terry is).

People can certainly not like Terry and wish there were other characters in the game. But smash players not being aware of the character is simply a non-issue in a game that features “hero” from dragon Quest and NES from Earthbound.

1 Like

I’ve seen people unironically say they would rather have some random unknown waifus than characters like Hero or Terry, really shows how fickle they can be about who gets in. Also a lot of people know of Ness from Earthbound, but having Lucas from Mother 3 is the real kicker, since that game was Japan-only.

Honestly I understand where you are getting at, but as Smash exists everywhere of course we’ll get complainers when a character is released that only Japan players (Hero) or the FGC (Terry) or Sakurai (Joker) would truly appreciate. I still wish people cared more for the value of having these iconic characters in Smash more though; I saw a lot of people go insanely happy for the Sans skin for example.

Yeah, I think the reality is that the people who like a character are going to go buy or play the game. The folks who complain stand out on the internet, but they’ve already bought Smash so who cares?

I know Dragon Quest is a ton more popular in Japan, but you do realize that only during the Super Nintendo era did the DQ games not get a release in the West? And even then the remakes of the first 3 games got Gameboy Color ports, so it really was only 2 games out of the whole series that weren’t initally released stateside. I mean at the very least Dragon Warrior 1-4 were NES staples and just as popular as Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, or Mega Man.

Hero was a welcomed addition for me. Even I think Sans as a Mii Costume is good too. One of my friends went completely BONKERS when Banjo and Kazooie made their debut. I’ve played Banjo and Kazooie and they are fun to play. They hurt too and by that, I mean they can really send you packing if your damage is high enough. Unless of course your a heavy weight, and it’s really hard to take that out.

Although I think it seems kind of shallow to want some unknown waifu instead of terry. Terry was a welcomed edition for sure.

But now we have a season 2 announced. So I do wonder if the next season will announced Nintendo characters? or characters that were requested but never reached.

1 Like

Nintendo doesn’t technically own the Bayonetta IP; just the rights to the exclusive Bayonetta titles they publish with Sega’s partnership, which happens to be most of what the franchise consists of at this point. She’s in a weird grey area as far as being a guest, but regardless she’s a well-known figure among Nintendo fans which is probably the heart of the issue for these reactions about guests.

These Smash fans seemed to know who Terry is. Great reaction.

2 Likes

But then again, it might not mean anything. I saw a few videos on YouTube where some Smash fans yelled Terry but apparently didn’t know his last name so they could have just been parroting stuff they read online :joy::expressionless: not sure whether to laugh or cry about it lol

…but OFF TOPIC…they’re not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

People who hate SNK Playmore for including Terry in Smash, to the point that they would harass not only SNK Playmore but go through mass disliking all of their videos on YouTube should never post on these forums ever again.

I dub those kinds of people, “Smash Babies”.
Crying over characters, getting 3 stocked, etc.

Don’t @ me.

They’re actually doing that?

1 Like

Where are you hearing this from? Must be a loud minority. Because so far the reception has been nothing but positive.

I wouldn’t worry about an anonymous tweet from someone who doesn’t speak English. SNK isn’t depending on its YouTube videos for income.

1 Like

I can never understand the desire to review bomb things. Some folks did that with Astral Chaos and all they did was throw superman into a golden sun.

for TL:DR, they made it number one in charts. I doubt many listened to this.

1 Like

Well okay then. :man_shrugging:t4:

That being said, I know how you feel. It’s ridiculous on how they react. It’s silly for a couple reasons.
1: new fighter pass means more chances for their wanted characters.
2: there’s only one slot left, and it could still go to that wanted character of theirs.
3: I don’t think it’s right to review bomb and massively dislike a character because one they wanted never got in.

I know that’s ironic coming from me considering how I’ve handled the DLC news for MK11 so far, but at least for these folks there’s still hope…

1 Like

Speaking of DLC